2011 Kuroshitsuji: Afternoon Tea

Started by sael, November 08, 2010, 12:49:31 AM

sael

We'd be glad to have you even if you will not be cosplaying Grell.

Poof-Aro

Thanks! I'm still hoping though. I've wanted to cosplay Grell since he "revealed" his self. ^^
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

marisuga

I'll hopefully be there as Choir Boy!Grell

But it really depends on timing :/ If it clashes with the Hetalia Gathering then I can't D: (or the Hetalia panel I'm planning)

ruby19_4

I will be there for the tea party as the sebastian.

ruby19_4

O yea. I forgot. I will bring tea, but where do we get the hot water?

livi-chan

I would be willing to bring something, something to snack on perhapes? does it have to be elegant or what? otherwise I could bring some cake and everyone could pick a flavor..maybe one chocolate and the other red velvet or marble or something?
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Anya Alstreim - Code Geass
Cinque - Final Fantasy Agito(Type-0)
Sayaka Miki- Mahou Shoujo Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Allen Walker -maybe- D.gray-man
Milla Maxwell- Tales of Xillia

sael

Has the Fanime hype begun? :P

I believe that HellAngel is running the gathering on Sunday. As of right now, I believe that the tea party will be on the same day but that may change. Though it does seem easier to hold it the same day...

@ ruby19_4: Thanks for offering to bring the tea. Some hotel rooms have coffee makers that can be used to heat water instead of brewing coffee. That's the only way I can think of heating water for tea. I've never brought the tea for the party before, so I can't really say as to how others have obtained the hot water.

@ livi-chan: Anything at all would be nice. I know that the first year most of what was brought was cake or sweets (haha). I was on such a sugar rush after that. I've decided to bring small sandwiches instead of cake - hopefully that will stave off some of the hyper-ness.

Oh, and people not in Kuroshitsuji cosplays shouldn't hesitate to visit the tea. Both the first and second years we had more than enough food to share. I hate seeing hungry con-goers and tend to make sure people eat. (If nothing else, there will be plenty of sandwiches to feed the guests, the photographers, and a few others)

And, before I conclude this post, which of the following would people be interested in?
1) PB&J (smooth PB and strawberry jam)
2) Cucumber and Cream Cheese
3) Ham and Cheese (sorry, no tomatoes as sandwiches get soggy when they are made beforehand)
4) Apple-Chicken Salad

Depending on how many votes each get will decide what I'm making. You can vote for more than one.

ruby19_4

Well. it is a tea party. I will try to ask the cafe if I may use their coffee pot for hot water. Gotta see how it goes.

Are all those choses sandwiches. If it is I would love to try the Apple-chicken salad .

livi-chan

I vote for PB and J.....oo..but ham and cheese sounds good too...
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

sael

@ruby: Yup, even that one is a sandwich.

ruby19_4

ok. i would have the apple-chicken one. thank you.

marisuga

I will be there as long as it doesn't conflict with my other gatherings and the panel I will maybe be doing (maybe.)

So yeah, I'd be there as Grell (choir boy grell to be exact~)

sael

This isn't anything official, but what are people's preference of times? I'm fairly certain that the tea will be on Sunday afternoon. Would you prefer early, mid, or late afternoon? As of right now, it sounds like the Fanime theme, Hetalia, FMA, and Bleach gatherings will be in the morning/midday.

For convenience, I will try to get a time close to the actual gathering (factoring in the time needed to setup or clean up and then migrate from one location to another). Unless a majority of people attending object to this...

And just so everyone knows, BSapphire has started to take requests for time slots. I'm currently waiting to see when the gathering is, but feel free to post about preferred times.

livi-chan

mmmm...This is really conflicting with my calandar too...but im trying to make it....I could go for 2 days possibly..I might prefer early or midday because I will be leaving Sunday unfortunantly. And I dont think that will conflict with me and my friends panel either. we have ANB to do
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Kaori

If all goes well, I'll be coming as Claude. :P I'll bring some treats too.
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

sael

Awesome! The first Claude on the list!

BSaphire

Hey there Kuro tea & possible gathering cospeeps! A couple of things to pass the word along.

Sunday is going to be a little more crazy than usual... trust me :P

Now I'm not sure if anyone here is aware yet, but we have a new place for cosplayers were affectionately calling the "Cosplayer Hangout" and it is to be a room somewhere in the Hilton where cospeeps can chillax. I have a hot water kettle that you plug in and it heats 12 cups of water in like 2 minutes. It is only to heat water in so if it would help (providing your using tea bags) I would like to know if it would help to use it? Still have to find out what can and can not be done in the room, but maybe (and right now it is a MAYBE) we could put the tea gathering in there or possibly close by out side and have it picnic like if it helps :)

Next fyi is Bleach is currently looking at 11 am Sunday FiF CE HS if they stick to that time the next two 60+ gatherings left to pm me are Kuroshitsuji and Hetalia. Please let Hellangel know I need her Submission Info pm'd  soon so I can place it. A 60+ gathering gets 1 hr in their location.

I know that I have posted some of the smaller gatherings, however returning 60+ gatherings have priority and that isn't going to change. Long standing 60+ gatherings like Bleach, Naruto and Jump take precedent over new 60+ gatherings.

That's it for now... look forward to the pm's and I already feel sorry for the cosplayers who want to do some of these popular titles cause they may have to choose which is the more important to them and let something else go. Looks to be another big year!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

sael

Thanks for the heads up, B.

While we wait to see what time slot the gathering gets, where would people like to have the tea party?

• The first year the tea was in the Fairmont: wonderful backdrop but a bit far for some to walk.
  • The second year we chose the Concourse level Patio Marriott Side: it did get a quite warm and, as an informal event, a little crowded with other congoers - eventually, I believe, some of the party guests moved to a side staircase.

This year we have a few options:

1) Fairmont
+ plenty of space
+ great backdrop for photos
+ AC

- have to walk a few minutes to get there and then back again
- only 4 or 5 chairs (but plenty of carpet space)

2) Concourse level Patio Marriott Side
+ plenty of space (if we get it requested/semi-reserved)
+ in the convention center

- no AC
- may be crowded if other congoers are hanging out there

3) Cosplay Hangout (only a MAYBE right now)
+ should have plenty of space/tables/seat
+ AC
+ close to the convention center

- this is a maybe right now

4) Outside/Picnic
+ plenty of space
+ near the convention center

- no AC
- no chairs which may be difficult for some cosplays/cosplayers.

5) Other: What do you recommend?
+
-

ruby19_4

I am bringing tea bag but only if we are inside or something in order to use the hot water. thank you so much Bsaphire. I will use it.
If we are going to do it outside, I will bring something else. I will see what it is. I need to go to store and look around for ideas. If anyone has some ideas let me know. I will c how it goes. thank you.

sael