Hotels and Other Announcements!

Started by Tony, November 08, 2010, 04:59:54 PM

Tony

Great news everyone! The hotel reservation site is still not ready!

However, I know you're all eagerly anticipating reserving a hotel room at a great rate. Fear not! Follow us on Twitter or Like our Facebook page, and you'll get the latest news as soon as it's announced. You'll also get the latest info about registration, artist alley, guests of honor, and other awesome events!

No, really! I'm not shilling! Marketing works pretty hard on this stuff, and they shed precisely one tear of joy for each follower. That's a lot of weeping, and they're doing it for you!

Of course, you can still check the forums and website for news and updates! But that's kind of 1998, isn't it?

Tony
P.S. The hotel site is coming somewhat soon. Seriously, very sorry for the delays!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Steve.Young

Let me register a million times to make Milton cry me a river.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

HunterZero

Can I request that marketing not update the twitter feed after 10pm? Some of us still have it setup for texting alerts and FanimeCon tweets have woken me up more than once.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

HunterZero

OH! I forgot to ask...

I remember that when FanimeCon first came to the SJ Convention Center, you used to be able to reserve a suite as one of the options for room type. The last few years I haven't seen that. Did FanimeCon stop getting lower rates for the suites, or did they all end up getting taken by the FanimeCon staff and guests of honor?
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

hellangel

Quote from: HunterZero on November 11, 2010, 10:58:33 PM
Can I request that marketing not update the twitter feed after 10pm? Some of us still have it setup for texting alerts and FanimeCon tweets have woken me up more than once.

You can set your textTweet options to have a curfew.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: HunterZero on November 11, 2010, 11:00:33 PM
OH! I forgot to ask...

I remember that when FanimeCon first came to the SJ Convention Center, you used to be able to reserve a suite as one of the options for room type. The last few years I haven't seen that. Did FanimeCon stop getting lower rates for the suites, or did they all end up getting taken by the FanimeCon staff and guests of honor?
Last year, although it wasn't an option on the website, you could call the housing staff directly and they could set you up a suite with a discount.

starryknight

do we call the housing staff when the hotels services are up or do we call them now???

ewu

call them when the hotel registration comes up. They will have dedicated websites and phone numbers for the event.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Ai_Kaneco

watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

oc3anofdr3ams

SweetNiar

ewu

hey all:)

Hotel registration for FanimeCon 2011 will go LIVE this Friday, Jan 14 ~7PM PST

http://twitter.com/#!/FanimeCon/status/25648320563118080
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

EJAY420

SWEET!!!!!! Now we can start planning for the greatest time of the year.
Most Impressive.

Runewitt

EJ you havent started planning yet?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

EJAY420

how can I plan for roomies without having a room? Can't have a room without reservations. Well I can, but I dont feel like paying an arm and a leg. At least with this out the way, finding some roomies will be next.

Ive been paying every paycheck for my new  stume (cool way for saying costume). I've been saving for thefat hotel deposit. I'm somewhat ready, but there are so much shit to get done.
Most Impressive.

Rin_chan

Just wondering, how long would it normally take for the Fairemont to fill up? I hear it's usually the last to go, if it does fill up at all, cause most people want the marriott or hilton since their connected right to the Con.

Thanks for any info.