Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

bahamutknightzero

One thing that I forgot to ask when I was updating the list earlier, are people ok with the gathering time taking place at 5pm (was trying to aim for something that wouldn't conflict too much with any other gathering)? I want to make sure of this before I send out a request and get everything finalized for the Gatherings and Events List topic.

ispyangie

Tweet @ispyangie

Cartoon Lunatic

Fanime 2011 Cosplays:
The Red Hood: 100% Complete
Rocket Grunt: 100% Complete
NOOB-SAIBOT: 90% Getting there!

bahamutknightzero

Legendary Hero

Ohh okay. Well I'm not going to another cosplay gathering, not sure if anyone else interested in this comic cosplay group is going to another gathering as well. But is there any way to do Saturday? Since Saturday is like, the climax day of Fanime. Although if Saturday doesn't tie in well, then Sunday can be good, too.
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Legendary Hero on January 19, 2011, 09:56:27 AM
Ohh okay. Well I'm not going to another cosplay gathering, not sure if anyone else interested in this comic cosplay group is going to another gathering as well. But is there any way to do Saturday? Since Saturday is like, the climax day of Fanime. Although if Saturday doesn't tie in well, then Sunday can be good, too.

Saturday is generally a bad idea due to some big/popular gatherings going on that day (Naruto/Bleach [these interchange every year or so] for example) and also due to Masquerade taking place the same day.

bahamutknightzero

Ok, change of plan regarding time. Looks like Wonderland gathering snatched up the 5pm time slot for Sunday, so I'm now looking towards a half hour later (5:30pm) on the same day.

Legendary Hero

Good point.@Bahamutknightzero. 5:30 Pm on Sunday. I'll be there, inform me if there's any time update.
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

bahamutknightzero

Request sent, will update 1st post of this topic with the day/time/location requested

Cartoon Lunatic

Fanime 2011 Cosplays:

ispyangie

I'm fine with that, I think this is the only gathering I'm attending. I'm not so fond of extremely huge ones. Inform me of any changes!
Tweet @ispyangie

bahamutknightzero

Ok the requests have gone though and are confirmed for now.

Been wondering if I should just go ahead and reveal the character that I'm planning to go as (kind of left it as questions marks initially for a reason)?

Cartoon Lunatic

Sounds good, getting more and more excited! Oh, it's up to you Zero, wanna keep us in suspense? >= D
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Cartoon Lunatic on January 20, 2011, 11:09:45 AM
Sounds good, getting more and more excited! Oh, it's up to you Zero, wanna keep us in suspense? >= D

Its not much of a suspense thing to be quite honest. I kept it as question marks due to not wanting to ick some people out since those that haven't seen me before don't know that I also do crossplays, so I just want to be sure that people that don't know about me/met me/have talked with me/etc. were not going to be all disgusted and decide to cancel out of the gathering.

ispyangie

Tweet @ispyangie

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: ispyangie on January 20, 2011, 04:10:49 PM
Tell us, tell us. :)

You sure? Actually, you in particular will be kind of surprised

ispyangie

Why, are we doing the same costume or something? o_o
Tweet @ispyangie

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: ispyangie on January 20, 2011, 04:48:52 PM
Why, are we doing the same costume or something? o_o

Hopefully everyone is prepared and actually took the time to read the post quoting Cartoon Lunatic.

-
-
-
-
-
-
*pauses to create fake tension*

.... yes, its the same character. The small bright side is that I have no clue what appearance you are doing (since there seems to be so many for the character).

ispyangie

Whooooo! Cool. I'd love to see your take on her.
I believe my outfit would consist of the black tuxedo jacket, top hat, magician wand, white bow tie, gloves, black leotard w/ a white corset on top, her trademark fishnet stockings, and heels if I don't die in them by the time of the gathering.

How about you?
Tweet @ispyangie

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: ispyangie on January 20, 2011, 04:57:48 PM
Whooooo! Cool. I'd love to see your take on her.
I believe my outfit would consist of the black tuxedo jacket, top hat, magician wand, white bow tie, gloves, black leotard w/ a white corset on top, her trademark fishnet stockings, and heels if I don't die in them by the time of the gathering.

How about you?

Nearly the same costume, minus the corset but with a white dress shirt/blouse instead, undecided on shoes at the moment, may change with a few tweaks here and there.