Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

effektdmentality

Hi all,

I may be attending the Marvel/DC gathering as TDK Batman, but I'm not sure yet. It depends on if Lionel Lum brings his Batpod out for the con. I shot with it this past weekend at WonderCon, seen here.

bahamutknightzero

Updated gathering list and posted the photography order list (made it a bit more simple to allow more requests)

pinknekophiliac

For the location, what/where is G9? O,o

bahamutknightzero

pinknekophiliac

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 01, 2014, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: pinknekophiliac on May 01, 2014, 10:11:32 PM
For the location, what/where is G9? O,o

G9 = "Fallout Zone" central slab around art work
Map link - http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/CGDLocationsmap.jpg.html

Ohhh the fountain in the front of the con center. Got it. Thanks :)

Raindrop Cosplay

I'll be attending as a Fem. Classic Nightcrawler!  My fiance will be Classic Magneto!

You can find me on:
Facebook: *Link Removed*

DA: *Link Removed*

Twitter: *Link Removed*

Instagram: Raindrop_Cosplay

thereisnodanaonlyzuul

almost definitely won't be Bluebird (weh weh weh) but I'll be showing up as Young Justice Miss Martian!

Galacticstardust

I might be going as Spidey (Either Female or normal) accompanied by my Deadpool c:

bahamutknightzero

List has been updated.

We're less that two weeks away, can't help but feel excited

checkmyshoe123

holy crap I'm frantically trying to finish up my cosplay (which was originally slated for SDCC but now I'm basically confirmed to go to Fanime too so I'm panicking and trying to finish)

if I finish in time (which is doubtful but a girl can dream!) I'll be going as a medieval Captain America. if I don't finish in time I might just bring the shield anyway because it's pretty swanky if I do say so myself.

(more process photos for my cosplay can be found on my tumblr: http://asexualrogers.tumblr.com/tagged/captain-america-cosplay)

Faraday

Yo, might be swinging by as Peggy Carter or Black Widow.
Cosplay plans haven't been solidified yet but I'll be there one way or another.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: checkmyshoe123 on May 12, 2014, 09:19:08 PM
holy crap I'm frantically trying to finish up my cosplay (which was originally slated for SDCC but now I'm basically confirmed to go to Fanime too so I'm panicking and trying to finish)

if I finish in time (which is doubtful but a girl can dream!) I'll be going as a medieval Captain America. if I don't finish in time I might just bring the shield anyway because it's pretty swanky if I do say so myself.

(more process photos for my cosplay can be found on my tumblr: http://asexualrogers.tumblr.com/tagged/captain-america-cosplay)

That looks awesome. Reminds me of a story where the team went back in time.

Zephyr40k

Hi Folks.  My girlfriend and I are assiduously working on our first cosplay costumes (hooray) and we may be able to make it to this gathering.  We're working on Wonder Woman for her, and Arrow / Green Arrow for me.

ryka-the-fallen

Am liable to show up in a Catwoman varient

Chibi_Haku

I've finished my Pin-up/Julie Newmar inspired Catwoman costume.  I'll probably be late too.

heathuhrene

i'll be going as comic book universe black widow!

HarryHadouken

ICosplayNeji

So I have a suggestion for 2015. The DC/Marvel gathering has grown too big. Let's face it, it didn't even fit comfortably in the largest gathering spot. Cosplayers were being elbowed, it was too hot in the area, people couldn't hear, and it was just too chaotic. A slew of attendees gave up and left, and a gathering people used to enjoy turned into something that wasn't fun at all. One of my friends had a bad panic attack and almost passed out even.

I propose that the gathering get separated into two gatherings; one for DC and one for Marvel. It would be even better if they could possibly be on two different days. I have talked to multiple people who have expressed the desire to cosplay from both DC and Marvel at gatherings but, for obviously reasons, can't. Having run gatherings before, I am more than willing to take over one gathering or the other if needed.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 26, 2014, 05:16:30 PM
So I have a suggestion for 2015. The DC/Marvel gathering has grown too big. Let's face it, it didn't even fit comfortably in the largest gathering spot. Cosplayers were being elbowed, it was too hot in the area, people couldn't hear, and it was just too chaotic. A slew of attendees gave up and left, and a gathering people used to enjoy turned into something that wasn't fun at all. One of my friends had a bad panic attack and almost passed out even.

I propose that the gathering get separated into two gatherings; one for DC and one for Marvel. It would be even better if they could possibly be on two different days. I have talked to multiple people who have expressed the desire to cosplay from both DC and Marvel at gatherings but, for obviously reasons, can't. Having run gatherings before, I am more than willing to take over one gathering or the other if needed.

With how things grew this year, it probably is time to go for a split.

May I suggest a rotating cycle of controls *eg: you take DC and I take Marvel on one year, the following year we switch sides, repeat*

ICosplayNeji

I'm totally down for rotating each year. Anything we can do to help make comic gatherings better for everyone, I am down :)

Seeing as how you've been the organizer for as long as I've been going to Fanime, you can go ahead and choose what you wanna run first.