Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 26, 2014, 09:40:55 PM
I'm totally down for rotating each year. Anything we can do to help make comic gatherings better for everyone, I am down :)

Seeing as how you've been the organizer for as long as I've been going to Fanime, you can go ahead and choose what you wanna run first.

Sure thing, we can also communicate within PMs on this.

pinknekophiliac

@bahamutknightzero: This was my first gathering ever and despite the heat, I had a blast! Thank you for organizing it!! May I ask when/where I can find pics from the gathering?? Thanks again!

Eliteslayer

I would also agree with splitting it into separate Marvel and DC gatherings, whether or not they're on the same day.

Location-wise, might I suggest we take it off-site? The park is large enough to comfortably hold even the largest of gatherings.

At any rate, I still had fun seeing everyone and meeting a nice amount of SHIELD agents. I'm glad my Coulson cosplay went over as well as it did, and if anyone has any pictures of it, please let me know.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Zephyr40k

I would have to vote against the DC / Marvel split, since then my Arrow can't have an epic showdown against Hawkeye. 

Yes, let's move it to the park, where the Attack on Titan shoot was held. That gathering was even bigger - I know, I was sent there mistakenly and almost missed the DC / Marvel gathering.  Grr.   

So, anyone have a link to the photos? 

bahamutknightzero

Eliteslayer, pinknekophiliac and Zephyr40k: My camera only caught some of the pics from the gathering, but I know someone that did take alot of photos. Once I refind the person, I'll link his gallery. I can also share the Fanime photographers link that was listed on the cards provided to us after the gathering

Eliteslayer: The park is looking more and more to be an option, although would the space be too big if we do go with the split? The secondary location I am looking at is that pit area (took notice of this when taking pictures of the Kill la Kill gathering which was just as big). The key thing with these two spots would be that these choices are providing that we don't do a split.....

OR...

We make three gatherings (one for Marvel, one for DC, and one for both). That way all parties can feel represented in some sort of way (and still keep those cross company showdowns). Let me know what all of ya think of these ideas

Admiral Donuts

You could always do separate gatherings a half-hour before, then combine them on the hour.

ICosplayNeji

I'm down for the three gathering idea. That way DC and Marvel peeps can have their smaller, separate gatherings and the third could just be an ALL comics gathering; including Dark Horse, smaller companies, and indie comics :)

Zekke

Is there a thread where photographers post the pics they took?

bahamutknightzero

Hi all, the pics that the Fanime staff photographer took from the gathering are up (you may need to scroll a bit since these are all the photos taken on Day 2 between 1PM and 4PM)

http://fanime.slickpic.com/albums/Saturday1pm4pm07/?wallpaper

captainvontapdat

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 27, 2014, 02:39:29 PM
I would also agree with splitting it into separate Marvel and DC gatherings, whether or not they're on the same day.

Location-wise, might I suggest we take it off-site? The park is large enough to comfortably hold even the largest of gatherings.

At any rate, I still had fun seeing everyone and meeting a nice amount of SHIELD agents. I'm glad my Coulson cosplay went over as well as it did, and if anyone has any pictures of it, please let me know.

Agent Director Coulson! Agent May cosplayer here :) It was nice seeing other Agents of SHIELD cosplayers at the gathering and doing a little SHIELD photoshoot. I have a few pics of you in your Coulson cosplay if you'd like (just scroll down a bit and it should all be there) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203919973948740.1073741830.1503464215&type=1&l=980557e4bd

Zephyr40k

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 28, 2014, 10:54:51 PM
Hi all, the pics that the Fanime staff photographer took from the gathering are up (you may need to scroll a bit since these are all the photos taken on Day 2 between 1PM and 4PM)

I really tried viewing that forum but it appears the first 6000 photos in the category are of some stage gathering inside the convention hall and then my internet connection melted down and my computer exploded.

Anyone else manage to actually get to the DC/Marvel gathering photos via that link? 

vixentail

Although I love having it as Marvel vs. DC, I think a split might be what we need. We could at least try it for one year and then see how it goes? Or like others suggested, do 3 gatherings.

btw, I was the Stephanie Brown batgirl! I had a lot of fun at the gathering but ultimately I did give up and left because it was just so crowded and hot, I thought I was going to pass out.

Also hahahahahaha laughing forever at my cape falling off in the middle of the bat family photos. GOLDEN.

Eliteslayer

Quote from: thatonepuppetpal on May 29, 2014, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 27, 2014, 02:39:29 PM

Agent Director Coulson! Agent May cosplayer here :) It was nice seeing other Agents of SHIELD cosplayers at the gathering and doing a little SHIELD photoshoot. I have a few pics of you in your Coulson cosplay if you'd like (just scroll down a bit and it should all be there) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203919973948740.1073741830.1503464215&type=1&l=980557e4bd

Good to see you, Agent May. I tried to tag myself in your photos, but it keeps saying a validation error has occurred, so I don't think any of them are getting through.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

jobiberry

Quote from: Raindrop Cosplay on May 04, 2014, 09:34:50 PM
I'll be attending as a Fem. Classic Nightcrawler!  My fiance will be Classic Magneto!

I miss you at the meet this year!!  So sad!  I ended up going as Arkham Asylum Harley~  hope to see you at another thing this year :))
Fanime 2013 cosplay~

*Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn- Friday and Saturday
*Marceline the Vampire Queen- Saturday
*Briar Rose- Sleeping Beauty peasant version- Sunday
*Super Sailor Venus-  Sunday or Monday

jobiberry

Hi!  I was the Arkham Asylum Harley!  I ended up switching my Harley Bombshell cosplay to the following day.  ><;;;
But I hardly got any pics of this cosplay so if anyone has any of me please link me :)))  Also, I met some awesome Harley's and Mr J's!!!  Please add my on FB DA or insta because I really want to follow your progress and keep in touch!  It was so nice to meet you's guys :DDDD
Fanime 2013 cosplay~

*Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn- Friday and Saturday
*Marceline the Vampire Queen- Saturday
*Briar Rose- Sleeping Beauty peasant version- Sunday
*Super Sailor Venus-  Sunday or Monday

Zekke

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 28, 2014, 10:54:51 PM

Well that's super lame. I'm literally just in the background of like 4 photos... That's kind of a let down.