Best Places to buy food in and outside the con

Started by pokephirawriter, November 17, 2010, 03:20:40 PM

pokephirawriter

This thread is dedicated to the all important topic of where to get good food while at the con. ;)

TC X0 Lt 0X

My first suggestion is always Subway.
Great Price, Great Taste, and well above average Healthiness from what else is available.

Per usual I also suggest taking Vitamins to con.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

EvilBunnyKid

FUJI SUSHI!!!   A great Sushi and Bento Box Japanese Cusine!  One place u should stop by!  (but dont go on monday, their closed memmorial day...found that out the hard way...)

56 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA

Armored-Heart

I really liked the food I had at Johnny Rockets last year. :3 Pretty close by, too~
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Melly

^i second johnny rocket's. BEST MILKSHAKE EVER. i was one happy girl when i had my milkshake >O> XD

Jerry

if your looking for "fast food" there are several places nearby:
McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Pizza my heart, Ben & Jerry's,  Johnny Rockets Etc etc.

There are restaurants all over the place like:
Original Joes, Iguanas, Sonoma Chicken Coop

Even Vegan/Vegetarian options:
Vegetarian House, Good Karma

and there's a new Safeway (grocery store) in downtown now as well.
even our Fanime Guide will show some local eatery's in the local area.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

c2chaos

^ The Safeway is always the best way. :) heheh.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Mayhem

If your looking for cheap fast food you have McDonald and SUbway close. If your looking to really save a buck and you have a refrigerator in your room there is a Safeway close by you can get thinks like bread, lunch meat, cheese, cereal milk, and the like at. only warning on safeway they can be little on the expensive side for soft-drinks but still way cheaper then fountain drinks at a fast food store or the $3-$4 drinks at the convention center.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

Melly

original joes is soooo pricey ._. i ate there when visiting the grandparents /falls

i dont remember what mine tasted like though ha... XD....

EvilBunnyKid

Ur all making me hungry! lol.  I had GOH food last year at FANIME!!  It was awsome!  Plus you get to eat with all the GOH's!!  I belive Ill get to do it again this year too!! (I hope anyways)  lol

ultrazyn

TC X0 Lt 0X

In you guys opinions, what do you think is better,

La Vics or Iguanas?

IMO both are pretty good, but the orange Sauce sets La Vics apart.

EDIT:
I'm hearing La Vics got closed. Any truth to this?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rhornez

dont know what that chinese food place is called but its like about two blocks away near johnny rockets and i must say i ate there 4 times all times for lunch in two years for two fanime and the Bowl never disappoints for example i got chow mein and BBQ pork for less than 5 dollars makes me :3

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

otakuya

^ there's either Chinese Gourmet Express right next to Johnny Rockets, which is like a food court Chinese food place, E&O Trading Company, a pricey Asian fusion restaurant, or PF Chang's.

Knightfire

It's really hard to go wrong downtown it really depends on what you are in the mood for or your budget. Personally I love Iguana's burritos and quesadillas. Their fish burrito is a personal favorite of mine.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Touya no Miko

There was this pizza place around fanime, but I forgot what it was called. It's wasn't Pizza My Heart. It was yummy pizza with thick cheese and sausage in the center. Though the one place i always go to would have to be this very small bubble tea cafe down the street. It's hard to miss, because the business is basically set up in a two-story house. The Katsu Chicken bento they had was delicious and satisfying. Great prices too.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Kyra_Maverick

The pizza place you're thinking of is probably House of Pizza. They are super delicious.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 04, 2011, 03:43:48 PM
The pizza place you're thinking of is probably House of Pizza. They are super delicious.

Oh yeah, thanks for that. It left a great impression on my friends and I. We're making it a tradition to order from House of Pizza on the third day of Fanime every year. XD
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

lummy

I don't know about the best, but me and my friends are going to try a BBQ/Steakhouse place we saw on Man Vs. Food. I forget the name, but its prob on their website somewhere, it looked good.

Last time I was their, I had sushi, but I don't exactly remember where, we walked north of the Fairmont and kind of found it.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D