Best Places to buy food in and outside the con

Started by pokephirawriter, November 17, 2010, 03:20:40 PM

Mango Bunny

Quote from: SukebeStudios on May 21, 2011, 01:07:24 AM
Honestly, I've had Amici's pizza after hearing so much about it on the radio. Amici's is good, but HIGHLY...HIGHLY overrated for the price. Not just because I work at Pizza Hut, because I like our "rival" Dominoes Pizza better. Besides, you can get more pizza from Pizza Hut with the deals we got currently...although the best one won't work with delivery. But that's my own opinion.

I've never eaten at Amici's, but...

While their prices are a tad high, they really don't look that bad for good pizza here in the bay area. If it is, indeed, good pizza, I don't think pizza hut or dominos should even be brought up. More pizza=/= good deal when it's bad pizza.

zeroelement

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 21, 2011, 03:58:03 AM
Quote from: SukebeStudios on May 21, 2011, 01:07:24 AM
Honestly, I've had Amici's pizza after hearing so much about it on the radio. Amici's is good, but HIGHLY...HIGHLY overrated for the price. Not just because I work at Pizza Hut, because I like our "rival" Dominoes Pizza better. Besides, you can get more pizza from Pizza Hut with the deals we got currently...although the best one won't work with delivery. But that's my own opinion.

I've never eaten at Amici's, but...

While their prices are a tad high, they really don't look that bad for good pizza here in the bay area. If it is, indeed, good pizza, I don't think pizza hut or dominos should even be brought up. More pizza=/= good deal when it's bad pizza.
cheap pizza is geat pizza but there is a pizza my heart in walking distance
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Mango Bunny

I just bought another groupon (that makes three I'll be using at Fanime. Argh!)

http://gr.pn/leTa10

It's to Pho 69. Again, I don't know if it's any good, but I want to be stuffing my face with curry. Fo' sho'.

I'm so hungry right now!

KikyoSano

Living in San Jose for more than 5 years has only made me more aware of this problem. NEVER go to any of the fast food places when there is a con in town. Even if it's roughly 5 miles away. They're going to be so busy that nearly 90% of the food is never cooked all the way. I don't know how many times I've gotten food poisoning from MC D's or BK. Or the few times I got old meat from a Sub Way. The only place I could even suggest eating at is either La Victorieas' (right near the con) for Mexican food and maybe this carles' Jr that's a block or 2 from the con. Everywhere else... just be careful to the food being all under cooked and never handled right.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: KikyoSano on May 24, 2011, 10:37:25 AM
Living in San Jose for more than 5 years has only made me more aware of this problem. NEVER go to any of the fast food places when there is a con in town. Even if it's roughly 5 miles away. They're going to be so busy that nearly 90% of the food is never cooked all the way. I don't know how many times I've gotten food poisoning from MC D's or BK. Or the few times I got old meat from a Sub Way. The only place I could even suggest eating at is either La Victorieas' (right near the con) for Mexican food and maybe this carles' Jr that's a block or 2 from the con. Everywhere else... just be careful to the food being all under cooked and never handled right.

Sounds like you just have bad luck.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Rhornez

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 24, 2011, 07:23:50 PM

thats why you dont go to fast food places and bring in ur own food

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Mango Bunny

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 24, 2011, 07:23:50 PM

I've never ever had that problem. =/

Miyu_Mya

Quote from: lummy on January 04, 2011, 10:52:54 PM
I don't know about the best, but me and my friends are going to try a BBQ/Steakhouse place we saw on Man Vs. Food. I forget the name, but its prob on their website somewhere, it looked good.

Last time I was their, I had sushi, but I don't exactly remember where, we walked north of the Fairmont and kind of found it.

I think it's "Henry's high-life." I've eaten there and it's really good.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

otakuya

Yeah it's Henry's Hi Life. They have the best baby back ribs evar! It's a long walk from the conv center to Hi Life.