Centralized staff descriptions

Started by Persona, November 18, 2010, 01:12:20 PM

Persona

I'd like to suggest having a page on the Fanime homepage detailing all of the staff and volunteer positions (available or not). The staff signup and open positions pages are down for most of the year so they're not very helpful to people who might decide in the middle of December that they would like to volunteer, and contact information isn't easy to find unless if they sign up for the forums. Regardless, I think that having one page with brief summaries of each job would help facilitate the heads and the volunteers, so that there aren't millions of "what can I volunteer for?" and "who do I contact for x dept?" questions every year.

I am even volunteering myself to this page, as long as I am able to access descriptions or talk to heads about their departments in order to do an adequate writeup. There would be no need to update the page as long as no positions are significantly altered or removed, so there's no need to dedicate someone to page upkeep.

Tony

It sounds like you just asked to volunteer for HR or IT. Give them a ring! They have cool staff meetings. ;) hr at fanime or IT at fanime.

Happy volunteering!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

squarebubblex

This would be great! I'd love to know the requirements and duties of each staff dept :)