Fanime already Grabbed Hotels?

Started by Mayhem, November 19, 2010, 11:15:10 AM

Mayhem

I went to reserve my Room Today for Fanime 2011 and the Ramada told me that Fanimecon grabbed all of the Double bed rooms. It's nice that Fanime is thinking ahead and added the Ramada, but there is no way at this time for me to actually reserve my room. I don't see any way to reserve rooms threw fanime yet. Did Fanime have to grab all the double bed rooms? Hopefully I'm not screwed now as I have to get all my stuff together for Fanime by the end of the year. I knew I should have reserved my room at the end of 2010.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

ewu

Most likely they were grabbed by cmr to make sure that you DO have rooms and is not being booked by guests of another event
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mayhem

Thats exactly what is going on. Fanimecon has all the local hotels locked down for the convention. However my problem is fanime hasn't opened reservations for those rooms they have contracted yet.

According to the regional manager of the Ramda all double bed (4 person occupancy) and one third of the regular rooms (2 person occupancy) are contracted out to Fanimecon for the 2011 Convention. All the other Hotels in the area are the same, no double bed rooms available, as they have been contracted out to Fanimecon.

Essentially if you want a double bed room (occupancy 3+) you have to wait until Fanimecon opens their own reservation system for those rooms. You can still get a single bed room (occupancy 1-2) at some of the hotels (not the Marriott), It will be cheaper to wait, but If your like me, and need to make a reservation now, your kinda screwed.

My personal problem is I go as press and my group has to have our hotel room reserved really early, this is one reason I use the Ramada as up until now Fanimecon has passed them by and I can reserv a room from the end of the convention to the end of the year. I almost reserved it at the end of the 2010 convention now I'm regretting not doing it. If Famine doesn't open hotel reservations soon I may have to Drop it or pay out of my pocket. Hate to have take AX over Fanime as Fanime is my favorite convention.

Correction: the Hilton has rooms open for reservation including Double bed rooms for $371.50 - $399.00 per night and single bed rooms for $341.50 - $371.50

venus_ivy

PM me with your specific reservation information (hotel desired, check in/out dates, and number of people).

What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

EvilBunnyKid

I just got a call from my hotel (Ramada Limited) and they said that the reservation I had already wasnt accepted because FANIME took all the rooms and that if I wanted the deal then I would have to wait for FANIME to open their reservation site...does any admin know when they are going to do this?  And how they are going to do this?  Like a first come first serve?

I've never done this through FANIME before and Im a little worried that I wont get a hotel rm at my favorite hotel...Also!...All I need is a single...Just one for me and my Boyfriend...

ewu

Best would be keep an eye out on our twitter and our website. Seeing as our main site is not yet up, our hotel reservation site will not be up till February or even March.

The rooms do go fast, but usually for the Hilton and Marriott. I do not know about the Ramada. It is first come first serve, however.

PM or email me if you have more Qs.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Barnes

Quote from: ewu on December 09, 2010, 05:11:03 PM
Best would be keep an eye out on our twitter and our website. Seeing as our main site is not yet up, our hotel reservation site will not be up till February or even March.

The rooms do go fast, but usually for the Hilton and Marriott. I do not know about the Ramada. It is first come first serve, however.

PM or email me if you have more Qs.

I think that's awesome. Why? I dunno, i just do  :)

A separate question: did Fanime staff make a deal with Hotel De Anza on West Santa Clara Street? Just curious.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

MikeColle

my question is hotel parking, whats the rates for these hotels that are at fanime that? last year i paid $40 a day for parking $20 at the hotel and $20 at fanime. is there a cheaper way to do the parking?

ewu

1) take public transportation from the hotel. 2) http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/, 2nd and san carlos, free parking evenings and weekend. see site for details.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mayhem

Quote from: MikeColle on December 10, 2010, 02:02:55 PM
my question is hotel parking, whats the rates for these hotels that are at fanime that? last year i paid $40 a day for parking $20 at the hotel and $20 at fanime. is there a cheaper way to do the parking?

1) Wait till housing opens.
2) Look for hotels really close to the convention center (IE Google Maps)
3) Call the hotels and ask about parking cost.
4) select the available hotel that best meets your needs.

Always get information on your hotel and it pays off to shop around. Check to see what amenities they provide. Look for freebies and hidden cost.

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on December 09, 2010, 04:50:15 PM
I just got a call from my hotel (Ramada Limited) and they said that the reservation I had already wasnt accepted because FANIME took all the rooms and that if I wanted the deal then I would have to wait for FANIME to open their reservation site...does any admin know when they are going to do this?  And how they are going to do this?  Like a first come first serve?

I've never done this through FANIME before and Im a little worried that I wont get a hotel rm at my favorite hotel...Also!...All I need is a single...Just one for me and my Boyfriend...

When I called in early November all Ramada had where singles. Fanime probably had an expansion clause in the contract and decided to take advantage of the option adding more rooms for housing.

Nearly all the hotels in the area are booked as Fanime Contracted all the close Hotels. This took me by surprise this is Fanime has never touched the Ramada in the Housing contracts and I reserve my hotel butt crack early in the year. There are very few hotels with rooms equipped with dual queen bed's available for fanime outside the housing contract. There are some singe rooms available right now and far more then two Bed equipped hotel rooms, but I would recommend waiting as the discounts Fanime Housing can afford you would probably be considerable considering the size and amount of rooms reserved by these contracts.

My original problem was some of the people in Press, Industry, and Vending have to submit budgets as early as December and November. This becomes especially critical if we need to get our expenses approved for reimbursement and concessions. These Deadlines are normally controlled by TAX schedules.

As fans and Normal attendees the additional housing contracts are good news and can potentially save you allot of money. If you can wait, IMHO, you should wait.

Check the Main site regularly. Fallow Fanime on Facebook and especially twitter - You can set up TXT messaging alerts. You can also set up Email alerts on this forum to replies to your post.

There is some notification information under you profile > Modify Profile >> Notifications and Email

You can

"Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply."

and/or

"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic"

You also have the options of .....

"To receive notifications from a topic, click the "notify" button while viewing it."

"To request notifications from a specific board, click the "notify" button in the index of that board."

pankekida

Does anyone know if FANIME has also booked the Sainte Claire? All the posts I've read only mention the Ramada, Hilton and Marriott. Last year the elevator situation at the Marriott was a nightmare and I was really hoping to return to the Sainte Claire this year, but the rooms that are available (one king-size bed or queen-size bed) are waaay expensive. I was trying to book the double-bed rooms in late July and none were available..

Tony

From what I can tell, we should have rooms at the Sainte Claire.  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Rin_chan

is the Howard Johnson Express Inn also contracted by Fanime? i'm looking for a single bed room, not a double, but i'm still curious as to what will be available.

fanime_lo-ve

But does anyone know when Fanime will have to the new hotel information up and the new website. It's usually up by now...but there hasn't been any updates for a while, other then just 2011 registration. :-/

(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

lummy

^ sometime within the month hopefully.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

M

Quote from: lummy on January 08, 2011, 10:14:50 PM
^ sometime within the month hopefully.
I hope venus_ivy won't kill me for saying this, but the website should go up this month.*

*Last minute issues might come up, so don't kill me if it gets delayed.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

*Sharpens knives in preparation for killing the lying brother trucker that is the FanimeCon head of communications*

O:-)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom