Rovers issue from 2010

Started by Tex54, December 01, 2010, 09:40:39 PM

Tex54

I'm curious, are we going to have Rovers that like to "randomly select" people for "inspection?" Got hassled by a Rover who "randomly selected" me (cosplay was a Hunter from L4D) for "inspection" in Fanime '10. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I wasn't entirely sure if I absolutely -had- to empty my pockets because a Rover ordered me to, however I didn't want to be thrown out of/banned from the con I paid $60 to get into for not complying with volunteer security.

Jerry

@ Tex54  --- you may want to e-mail Rovers at Fanime dot com about your situation.

As far as I know, Rovers do not have the 'official' right to "inspect" anyone personal belongings. unless there was cause for any suspicion....

The only three reasons/situations why any Fanime Staff member would ask to see say a bag or personal pockets needed to be emptied would be (subjuct to Fanime executive verification) ...

SJPD and/or Fanime Dealers staff/Rovers suspect someone of theft in the Dealers room.
Reason - stealing is bad kids... so please dont do it.

Fanime Staff /Rovers - need to investigate suspicous looking weapons or props on a person.
Reason - real weapons are bad, please dont have them at fanime or store them in your hotel room/vehicle if bought in the dealers room.

Fanime Staff/Rovers - need to "spot check" bags/purses before entering the Fanime Dance...
Reason - we've had issues with contraband (i.e. drugs, alcohol, etc) at Fanime and there is debate whether bag checks are required... please do not be under the influence of substances not allowed in public on yourself or in public areas.

again for any incidents involving Rovers make sure they ARE a Rover (by showing you their staff badge) if anyone continues to harass you may ask to see their Rover lead or visit the Rovers Base which is usually over at the Mariott.
or in a case (after the fact) like this please e-mail and we will internally investigate this issue and make the corrective actions/ training adjustments as needed.

Thanks for bringing this up and we'll work hard to make your  Fanime experiences as positive as possible.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Tex54

Quote from: Jerry on December 02, 2010, 01:32:42 PM
@ Tex54  --- you may want to e-mail Rovers at Fanime dot com about your situation.

As far as I know, Rovers do not have the 'official' right to "inspect" anyone personal belongings. unless there was cause for any suspicion....

The only three reasons/situations why any Fanime Staff member would ask to see say a bag or personal pockets needed to be emptied would be (subjuct to Fanime executive verification) ...

SJPD and/or Fanime Dealers staff/Rovers suspect someone of theft in the Dealers room.
Reason - stealing is bad kids... so please dont do it.

Fanime Staff /Rovers - need to investigate suspicous looking weapons or props on a person.
Reason - real weapons are bad, please dont have them at fanime or store them in your hotel room/vehicle if bought in the dealers room.

Fanime Staff/Rovers - need to "spot check" bags/purses before entering the Fanime Dance...
Reason - we've had issues with contraband (i.e. drugs, alcohol, etc) at Fanime and there is debate whether bag checks are required... please do not be under the influence of substances not allowed in public on yourself or in public areas.

again for any incidents involving Rovers make sure they ARE a Rover (by showing you their staff badge) if anyone continues to harass you may ask to see their Rover lead or visit the Rovers Base which is usually over at the Mariott.
or in a case (after the fact) like this please e-mail and we will internally investigate this issue and make the corrective actions/ training adjustments as needed.

Thanks for bringing this up and we'll work hard to make your  Fanime experiences as positive as possible.

Thank you, I appreciate it. And thank you again for telling me where Rover Base is (I couldn't find it before, relatively new to Fanime, 2 years).

Steve.Young

I tell all people who have issues with Rovers to take the name of the Rover and their staff badge ID/Number.

As Jerry said, unless there was a reason for the Rover to suspect you were doing something wrong then there really should have been no reason for it.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com