San Jose Airport Garden Hotel

Started by MikeColle, December 07, 2010, 09:48:58 AM

MikeColle

has anyone stayed there before? and if so is it a good hotel? im finding really mixed reviews online and would like some better answers

Jerry

just fyi this hotel is pretty FAR AWAY from downtown san jose (mainly the convention center) if your planning to stay for fanime...

its technically a holiday inn, which by most people standards, low to semi moderate accommodations.

long story short

if your paying about $100/night then your doing it wrong.

Fanime rooms will be about $100 or less and will be withing walking distance from Fanime.

This location is EASILY 10+mins via driving or public transit away from Fanime.

i hope that answers your questions in relation to your Fanime hotel experiences. Kthanks.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

MikeColle

so ive tried priceline, hotwire, etc, and the only two open are the courtyard and the fairmont. fairmont is $141 a night and courtyard is $200 a night, what about the motel 6 on alameda, i found it for $65 a night

Jerry

Quotewhat about the motel 6 on alameda, i found it for $65 a night

again your paying less for a location far away for a low to sub moderate hotel accommodations...

please be patient as Fanime is still undergoing hotel negotiations to get to best rates possible for local Hotel blocks for fanime.

now if your budget is still looking for better rates, you may want to consider either rooming with friends or rooming with possible (new) friends?

until then you may want to keep your options open and being patient for when Fanime Hotel reservations will be open soon.

MikeColle

thats what im missing isnt it? fanime was like 75 a night at courtyard last year wasnt it?

Jerry

with the demand for hotel rooms going up --- theres a possibility that room rates may go up as well.

although i have no idea what room rates will be---

again the staff is hard at work getting those Hotel blocks set aside for Fanime Con goers and will announce via the website, twitter, and facebook as soon as they become available.

MikeColle

awesome thanks, *hands cookie cause the forum lacks that button*

Mango Bunny

Serrrriously wait. Last year they released reservations at about the new year, so sit tight. I have no idea if that is when they will be released this time, but just for reference. Aaaaaand what's more is you have no idea how darned CONVENIENT it is to have an attached hotel. I always need to make trips up and down, and it's a friggin' lifesaver to be connected. Across the street probably wouldn't be bad either though.

Yeah. Wait for it.

otakuya

The Airport Garden Hotel used to be a Holiday Inn. It's actually a really nice hotel, but you sacrifice the distance and convenience of being close to the c-center. And it goes for most of the airport-area hotels (like mine!).

I'm pretty sure the connecting hotels are pretty high in demand, if not being close to sold out. However, good alternatives are the Crowne Plaza (hm... ooh, I can get a discount there!), St. Claire, De Anza, Four Points, and Ramada, plus some cheaper motels; all within walking distance.