The convention is under attack by zombies!

Started by Glitch, December 15, 2010, 06:47:39 PM

Glitch

If a zombie outbreak would happen in San Jose during fanime, would we be able to fortify ourselves at the convention center? This is assuming we have time to prepare before the zombies reach the convention of course.(The slow kind of zombies. Walking Dead type just to simplify it.)
EDIT: Let's assume the zombie attack lasts only 4 days(a zombie fanime!), because that's how long till the army can rescue us. We just have to hold out till then.

Barnes

Silly answer: Get "Thriller" and a boombox ready.

Serious answer: I'll bring a baseball bat, my cane, and a golfing club with me, and use them, I suppose.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

CaptainYossarian

Frankly, without access to Chainsaws or Zombie Repellent, I'm not sure how much good fortification would do. In straight-up hand-to-hand the restless dead tend to have a significant advantage in terms of strength and durability, and I don't give us great chances. Maybe if we draw straws we can use the unlucky ones as bait while the rest of us escape to Arizona where they have easier carry laws. :p
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Glitch

To keep this from becoming about a gun law debate, I will say that we wouldn't have to go to arizona to get firearms. In a zombie  apocalypse, laws break down and Big5 is always full of guns and ammo here in cali.(and any abandoned law enforcement and military buildings)

I'm guessing we would have to give up the first floor of the convention center since there's so many glass doors and larges window. They could easily see us and break through. On the second floor we would have narrow entrances that could be sealed off.

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: Glitch on December 15, 2010, 08:29:32 PM
To keep this from becoming about a gun law debate, I will say that we wouldn't have to go to arizona to get firearms. In a zombie  apocalypse, laws break down and Big5 is always full of guns and ammo here in cali.(and any abandoned law enforcement and military buildings)

Fair enough. But we would have to organize supply runs, which would be dangerous duty.

QuoteI'm guessing we would have to give up the first floor of the convention center since there's so many glass doors and larges window. They could easily see us and break through. On the second floor we would have narrow entrances that could be sealed off.

I agree--you could also fit a lot of people in those show rooms. Of course, its also a double headed sword--if we hole up, there's nowhere to run.

"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

TC X0 Lt 0X

My Plan:
Me > Big 5 > Costco (AKA Urban Fortress)

gg

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on December 15, 2010, 08:44:19 PM

I agree--you could also fit a lot of people in those show rooms. Of course, its also a double headed sword--if we hole up, there's nowhere to run/
True. But we could also use the hotel rooms and move up a floor each time we get overrun. Assuming we can obtain a maid key, we could open any of the hotel rooms. Even if we get separated into the two hotels(marriot and hilton) we would at least be able to communicate by shouting from the windows. For the most part, anybody in the crown plaza,fairmont, and the saint claire are on their own.

Dany

Suddenly, the idea of a real metal Keyblade being used to kill zombies sounds...kind of cool. Double that if someone is in costume when they do it.

And may the first attack be on the protesters.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

otakuapprentice

Destroy all the escalators and stairs, and just stay on the concourse. Zombies don't understand the concept of elevators.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Glitch

Quote from: Dany on December 17, 2010, 02:52:32 PM
And may the first attack be on the protesters.
Hmm, well they would be outside when it happens. And we wouldn't let them in since they could easily betray us to save their own skin. They'll likely try to fight the zombies off with their signs but be swarmed all over. After they die from being eaten, god will send them to hell for trying to ruin Fanime.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Meanwhile I Syphon Fuel in the area of the Costco when it is clear to power my generator...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

I recommend fire                 ... and lots of it!

Alyxiane

It sounds much more fun to imagine than what would happen in reality. I can only dream of busting out a weapon and just epicly charging at the zombies. :P
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Alyxiane on December 18, 2010, 05:11:03 PM
It sounds much more fun to imagine than what would happen in reality. I can only dream of busting out a weapon and just epicly charging at the zombies. :P

^
She would consequently not be invited to Costco...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

That would go for pretty much everything in fiction.
One time or another I always imagine how certain places would be fortified against zombies.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Glitch on December 19, 2010, 01:24:44 PM
That would go for pretty much everything in fiction.
One time or another I always imagine how certain places would be fortified against zombies.

Like Costco.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

DentyneIce408

Quote from: Glitch on December 19, 2010, 01:24:44 PM

Lol, I do that sometimes whenever I go around San Jose.

The worst kind of threat in a Zombie Apocalpyse is other humans. So when you're barricading your safe zones make sure it's harder for other humans to come in.

IRL going to Big 5 then Costco wouldn't work as planned.

The best thing I can think of is to stay at home and close up the windows. Then wait a few days till the chaos subsides, by that time I'd go around looking for supplies. As for guns I already own a few.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

TC X0 Lt 0X

It all depends on how prepared you are. Your best chance for either is several hours/days after outbreak for scavenging.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

I think we might be fine as long as within the convention there's a cosplayer wearing a red jacket with black stripes and knows how to dance.

G.I.R

Question:  Wold weapons have to be "Peace Bonded"?  ::)