[cosplay] keys of destiny

Started by Kite, December 16, 2010, 09:47:25 PM

Kite

I was wondering if someone could give me a critique about the keys I've made and also any other ways I can improve my technique to make my props look even better.

Additionally I was also wondering if they are even worthy enough of being sold.

http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/SolarWind2383/Fanime%202010/?action=view&current=P1000008.jpg

GoodAsianDriver

I don't know anything about cosplay or prop making, but they look pretty cool to me. I think I personally prefer the black one over the white one because of the frame.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Kite

the black one is the keyblade, oblivion. The white one is the keyblade, oathkeeper.

they're from the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2

So tell me more about the frame please.

Rodney_Pheonix

From just the photos they look nice and seem to be excellent quality props. a person would probably have to see them in person to make a final decision on whether they would or wouldn't buy the props.

What'd you use in the construction of them? I can make a few guesses and assumptions but I'd like to see what you have to say in regards to that.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Kite

I used a wooden core for both keyblades as a baseline to build off of as well for the sake of stability.

Afterward I then used cardboard to get the relative shape and design of it.

Then I used a type of polymer for detail work, then paper mache, and finally painted it.

But with closer examination you can tell some of the details and paint job was a bit crooked.