GURREN LAGANN GATHERING 2012

Started by Ginryuu, December 21, 2010, 02:01:12 PM

Ginryuu

Avairrianna...yes there was a GL car.  It had Simon and Nia on it and was rather awesome.

Kuro_mazu:  It'll be great to have you...I'll keep Sunday in consideration...It really depends on what days everything else is.  Monday tends to be slower so I'm personally leaning towards Monday morning, but if Sunday works better we can do an afternoon thing to avoid the mass of gathering that is bleach.

Neo-Zaku:  I remember you!  It'll be great to have ya back.

Minaoto

I'll be going as (genderswap) Kamina!
Any day/time is fine with me.

Ginryuu

WHOOT!  The Gurren Lagann Gathering now has a Kamina!
*does epic manly happy dance*

Minaoto

That's right. NEEDS MOAR FIGHTING SPIRIT! SPIN ON! ;D

TuddtFudders

If i can i have my own secret kamina twist cosplay, i was wondering if i could bring it to the gathering since im already bringing it?

Ginryuu

Of course!  Our other Kamina is a genderbend, and I'm excited to see what kind of twist you'll be putting on it!

Minaoto

Quote from: TuddtFudders on January 22, 2011, 09:39:51 AM
If i can i have my own secret kamina twist cosplay, i was wondering if i could bring it to the gathering since im already bringing it?
Oh my god your sad faec Heavy avatar is freakin' adorable. Oh my god.

TuddtFudders

;D I love the hoovy, but anywho, thanks! I was inspired by someone from anime expo that did a kamina jack from jack in the box, mine is a classic australian's children's cartoon icon you might recognize

Ginryuu

Sorry it took so long to get you on the list TuddtFudders!  D=

Art school eats my soul like a hungry Kamina with a pig-mole steak.

TuddtFudders

Haha, its all cool, having to keep up with my classes is not as easy as piercing the heavens XP

Ginryuu

Ok, I think we should start talking hardcore about what day and time we want.  (Hardcore mandatory, it's more manly that way!)

I personally only have 3 time-chunks that work.
Friday mid-day or so (I run another gathering that's gonna start at 6, and too early and everyone will still be settling hotel issues if they arrive then)
Saturday morning (can't go too late here because of another gathering that's planning for before the Masq)
Monday morning/mid-day (iffy since it's last day of con...plus go to late and people will be checking out)

Unfortunately Sunday's shot for me...I have too many things going on that day.

So preferences?

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ginryuu

Counting over on cosplay.com that's 3 for Saturday.  I haven't heard any other opinions so I think we'll go with that.

For those who are more busy on Saturday...is there a specific time in the earlier half of the day that would work better for you?

TuddtFudders

Saturday sounds great to me, around 11 or 12

Ginryuu

Gah, sorry bout this, especially since you're the only person to reply with a time preference TuddtFudders!

I attend the Trinity Blood gathering...which looks like it's moving to Saturday around 2.  And I use full-body make-up for it so 12 would most definitely be cutting it too close for comfort.  11 or 10 would probably work though.

So unless anybody would like it earlier for some reason I think we'll try for Saturday at 11.  This is still tenative, since it depends on what the large gatherings pick and if there are too many conflicts.

TuddtFudders

Oh shit! I love trinity blood and didnt even realise the gathering was on the same exact day, dont wanna get out giant cosplay to take pics though :/ who are you going to be this year?

Also inb4 yes 10 or 11 is percfect

Ginryuu

Well TB was on Sunday but because the masquerade was moved to that day and the organizer is competing in it they had to switch the day over to Saturday.

I cosplay Leon Garcia de Asturias, believe it or not.  XD  Working on getting a full artbook version done atm...still in the anime-esque stage.  Do you have a TB cosplay...or one you want to do?  And if you have time you can still come and hang at the gathering no matter what you're wearing!  We have the tea party afterward too.

Ginryuu

Well that was a little lacking in foresight.  >.>

Just took a look at the gathering list to see how Saturday morning was panning out...and 11 is a no go.  3 gatherings already have the spot...with 2 of them being LARGE!  So we gotta push the gathering up to 10:30 or 10...  I'll put my vote in for 10:30 because A) it's later and B) there's only an event there right now...no gatherings.  If this is getting to be too early for people than we should probably look at a less busy day, like Friday or Monday...

SO I NEED OPINIONS PEOPLE!  I'm giving you until NEXT MONDAY to state your opinion before I submit our time slot request for Saturday at 10:30.  This is mostly because I can see this dragging out for a while and then we loose out on all the good days/times/locations.

Barnes

You mean 10 at night? That sounds okay to me.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

TuddtFudders

same here with 10 or 10:30, unless you absolutely NEED to change days which would alter my cosplay schedule a bit