GURREN LAGANN GATHERING 2012

Started by Ginryuu, December 21, 2010, 02:01:12 PM

Cosplay_Rose

Oh yeah, haha I forget it's called that. (I always think of her bounty hunter outfit as this one http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig08/10084851.jpg) I'd love to see a Boota fursuit, it sounds adorable! We just wanted to do something simple and comfortable though.

The gunmen would be replacing Simon and Kittan, or rather they'd be inside of their respective gunmen.

Ginryuu

Ahh my bad you're right.  Forgot about the big brown cloak and kinda fused her jacket versions in my head i guess.  0.o

Cosplay_Rose

I've heard the version I did called "bounty hunter Yoko" also, I think a lot of people "fuse" the two in their head, I'm just not used to referring to it that way myself. :) It doesn't bother me though, call it what you like, so long as no one argues with me when I don't call it that. lol

alvaang

hopefully be able to do kamina! 8)

Ginryuu

Totally stoked to see you're Kamina dude!

Minaoto

Sign me up as Bounty Hunter Yoko! I'll probably have a Timeskip Kittan with me, too. :D

Ginryuu

Ginryuu

GOT THE COSPLAY.COM THREAD UP FINALLY!  Kicking beasman butt can be very time consuming.  So if you got an account over there too feel free to pop onto the thread and say hi!  Let me know who you are if you're username's different, and let's make it super awesome.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4257086#post4257086

Also, Fanime's gonna sneak up on us so if anybody has a preferred day, or times when they know they'll be busy, be sure to let me know so we can plan this out right!

Cosplay_Rose

Okay, now that some other gatherings have their times up, I now have time preferences for this gathering.
Friday at 4pm or earlier
or
Saturday at 3pm or later
or
Sunday at 2:30pm or later
:)

Ginryuu

So sumissions have opened up for gatherings...that means we need to nail down a time!

Due to gatherings I'm attending and others needs I'm thinking Friday, in the earlier part of the day.  Exact time can be nailed down based on limitations of others and what other large gatherings pick.  How does 12 or 1 sound to people?  I might be able to push it a little later if need be but not by much.

Also Location!  This also will depend on what other gatherings are going on when we sign up...but the side of the fountains (or ex-fountains now) worked really well for us last year.  Does anybody have any objections to having it there again?  (I'd probably move it over to the Marriott side though, to avoid the major construction of woah that's going on next to the Hilton side.)  Also any back-up location thoughts if that place is taken?  Keep in mind that we have drawn a lot of photographers in the past so need the space for them and us to stand.

CommandantCat

Oh man, won't have a Gurren Lagann cosplay this year, but I am totes going to the gathering. Friday works out so well :Y

Might bring a boom box. ya know. pump up the beats.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

Ginryuu

Sorry for the extended silence on the thread!  Life got even more crazy than usual here but I managed to squeeze out some time to get stuff chiseled out (much like my manly abs  ;) ) and everything submitted.  SO!

We're meeting on Friday at 1 on the Marriott side of the flowerbed (ex-fountains) in front.  From there we should have space for everybody as well as epic construction (of Kamina City) in the background for shots!

So now what would be most epic is photo ideas!  Gimme a list of what you want done and I'll do all that is in my power to make it so!  Up to the gathering I'll compile them together.  It'd be awesome if people could let me know here since it lessens the occurrences of me running around like a chicken with my head cut off at the gathering proper to make sure I got everything (as those who have attended in years past have seen me do)

And CommandantCat that would be EPIC!  I just gotta ask that it be turned down during the gathering itself so people can hear what's going on...as I don't know if I can get my hands on my friend's STFU-megaphone.

Barnes

Friday at 1pm works for me  :)

QuoteSo now what would be most epic is photo ideas!

I've only got one idea so far: have the Yokos do random poses from the S.t.a.r.S video?

Also, one gunmen cosplay or art piece i hope to see one day is a combo of all the Team Dai-Gurren gunmen. Here is what I mean:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/CapeBarnes/ttgl/manga/Capture5.png

Yeah, it would be nice to see that in clay form, I dunno XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ginryuu

Hahaha, that Gunmen fusion is hillarious!

As for the posing Yokos...I can't say I'm familiar with that video and certainly can't speak for others.  So if you'd like it to happen feel free to bring reference and we'll see what we can do!

Barnes

Oh, I neglected to post a video of what I was talking about. Gainax made a music/promotional video for Yoko a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJowle4LMBM

Hope that helps  :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ginryuu

Aaah okay I remember that video!  Still think it'd be best to bring pose references.   :)

Cosplay_Rose

So our group had a bunch of stuff come up. As far as I know, we lost everyone except myself (Yoko), Nia, Viral, and Attenborough, and Viral and Attenborough are only maybes now.
Also, I'm going to be Maid Yoko now, not Time-Skip.

Ginryuu

Okay I updated the list.  Sorry to hear plans fell through though.  I'll keep the maybes on for now just keep me posted on if they're making it or not.

In the meantime let's go over some photo possibilities!  Need them for confirmation of our gathering and it makes things go that much smoother.  So far I'm thinking:

Group Shot 1
Dai-Gurren-Dan
Character Shots (2 poses each)
Groups (Kamina & Yoko, DaiGurrenDan, Viral vs everybody, Kittan vs Kamina, the ladies, the men, Kittan & Yoko, ect.)
Requests
Group Shot 2

NOW is when you want to request group shots so I can add it to the list and make sure it gets in.  I'll be taking requests at the gathering too...but in the past I've found it to be hectic and it could be a while before I get to yours.

Antstep

I should be there as Simon in his pit digger outfit that he wore for the first few episodes. :)

Ginryuu

yay simon!  Got you on the list.