A Freshman's Guide to University Anime Clubs (UPDATE 2/14/2011)

Started by Kaori, December 21, 2010, 05:14:50 PM

Kaori

Hiya folks!

To build on what someone thought of last year, I'd like to perhaps make a panel for incoming freshman (and prospective students in general) regarding anime clubs. My thought is to get a representative from all the local college anime clubs and ask questions, and let the audience ask questions as well.

I'm personally from the Davis Anime Club, and as an officer from the club, I'd like to ask all of you who look at this and are members of other college anime clubs to ask your officers to contact me. If you can send me a PM that'd be great!

It'd be cool to get a backing from FanimeCon on this, since I think this could be a pretty big thing. Either way, I'd like to get at least 5 different clubs in on this. All ranges are good: Private, Public, Community, University.

Also, if you have any questions that you want me to ask during the panel, feel free to post them here. Comments and ideas for how to panel can be run would be great too! :)

Update: We officially have panelists! :D The universities they are representing are:
UC Davis (Woot! Go Ags!)
Stanford
UC Merced

If you want other universities please let me know~
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

HunterZero

Well, I haven't been a part of a club for a long time, but I did start the Anime club up at Napa Valley College back in 2003. I could lend a hand and offer some advice on starting a club if you like.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Rhornez

we should have this panel, Im a senior soon to graduate and would like to know how to do this with success and ease.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Kaori

@HunterZero: Ohhhh, I'll let you know. I'm currently looking into current officers so the people who are planning on going to that college have a recognizable face that they can talk to.

@Rhornez: good to hear! Any particular universities that you want to hear from?
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama