Official 2011 Fanimaid Cafe thread

Started by PyronIkari, December 22, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Ai_Kaneco

Thank you Jun Chan and Mikey and all others for your hard work! I am sure this year will be just as amazing as last year! FIGHTING! and to new maid hopefuls>>> GANBATTE! just have faith in our leader and in yourself and everything will go great^^
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

azreale

I missed the last try out date, but I can't wait till the one in March!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Later-Gator

I certainly hope it isn't too late to sign up for this!
I have every intention of at least trying to get to the try-outs and such, that's for sure!
This sounds like so much fun~
Done:
Meg (Burst Angel)

In Progress:
Bel/Bianca (Pokemon B&W)
Charmander Gijinka (Pokemon)

Planned:
Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Vriska (MSPaint Adventures: Homestuck/Hivebent)
Simon (Gurren Lagann)
And many more~

PyronIkari

Hi kids,

Just a small reminder that the last try out meeting is in a week and a half! March 12th at the Santa Clara room near the Hilton at the SJCC. Some small liner notes:

If you attended the first try out you do not need to try out at the second one. Actually, please don't try out again, because it's confusing when we get two try outs by the same person and I have to figure out why there's too matching names and try to differentiate between the two only to realize it's the same person(PS it's annoying and I might just accidentally delete you, no just kidding, but seriously, it's annoying so don't). You can show up again and stuff but don't officially try out.

If you have not tried out yet and would like to, this is your last chance to unless you have an insanely good reason, are super cute, and perfect for the maid position. The reason being is that time is incredibly important and we need to make sure of a lot of things that you won't need to worry about, but cause us plenty of stress.

Also, don't worry if you haven't gotten anything from the mailing list, as there hasn't been anything to update as of recent. One will probably be going out soon about the upcoming meeting and reitterating everything I've said here with a little more detail.

Good luck, and hope to see you at Fanime.

nurse gadget

So, I was just reading old threads to get myself up to speed and every time I see a butler cafe mentioned I LOL. Just wanted to state for the record that they do have butler cafes in Japan but, not like you think. They do cater to female patrons but the "butlers" are actually women in drag, sorry ! More of a yaoi thing....

Mizuki

Hi, just want to tell everyone that there is a meeting tomorrow at 11am! Please show up on time! Thanks.

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: Mizuki on March 11, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
Hi, just want to tell everyone that there is a meeting tomorrow at 11am! Please show up on time! Thanks.
Oh darn! Totally forgot ^^; Thanks for reminding!
I wonder how long the meeting will last...
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Meirin

The last meeting ended around 3pm by the last interview and we even started a bit late, so it really should not take longer than 3,4 hours at the very most. We appreciate all of your patience and hope to see you tomorrow morning @ 11am. :)
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

PawndaChan

So we have to be 16 by the Fanime thing? :c What if we're only 3 weeks away?

PyronIkari

Quote from: PawndaChan on March 11, 2011, 11:39:26 PM
So we have to be 16 by the Fanime thing? :c What if we're only 3 weeks away?
You have to be 16 BY the start of fanime no exceptions. It's legal reasonings and the such. Sorry if you don't qualify, try against next year.

Aww...I guess I won't be able to make it this time around. Forgot I signed up for club volunteering ^^; Next year for me I guess!
AOD - 2011-

PawndaChan

Aww okies, thanks anyways!! I'll try next year.

nurse gadget

Ok, so some of the butler cafes do have male butlers, I admit, my bad. Please forgive me master...The one I read about only employed foreign males and has a fairy tale fantasy theme. The butlers pull out your chairs, open the doors and you can practice your English. Best part you get to wear a tiara. :)

But anyway, no more butler talk, I promise.

I thought the try outs went well, even though there wasn't a huge turn out. I estimate we each have about a 2 in 3 chance. I know never tell you the odds.

Word is they will get back to us in about 2 weeks. That should be just enough time to order our dresses. start saving !

Good night my lovely maids, we all need our beauty sleep.

Maid Gadget

Jun-Watarase

Hello girls!

As the turn out was rather small this past meeting, we will be holding a last-minute try-out on April 10, 2011!!! Please inform anyone that is interested in joining Fanimaid Cafe.

Hope to see you guys there!

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

jenniferham

Hi Jun and Mikey. Just wanted to know, with the new tryout date added and all, whether the deciding of who made the cuts will be also delayed into April.

PyronIkari

Quote from: jenniferham on March 13, 2011, 11:44:52 PM
Hi Jun and Mikey. Just wanted to know, with the new tryout date added and all, whether the deciding of who made the cuts will be also delayed into April.

Nope, this just means that we'll pick out this batch right now. Then
if there's any at the emergency last minute meeting we like we'll add
them to.

Awesome! I got the update about the new April 10 tryout date. :D Yayy!

So, will the time be the same as it was before? 11am-3pm? And which room will it be in?
AOD - 2011-

jenniferham

i see.. thanks mikey, that's good to hear. :) will results most likely be posted sometime soon then?

xkittypower

So, for the March 12th meeting I came when the regular staff meeting started, which was around 3PM because I was uninformed about the actual try out times, and I guess I got last minute interviewed.
Is there any chance that I could try out for real for the April try out?

PyronIkari

If possible, I'd encourage it since you'd be able to see the training and everything too.