Official 2011 Fanimaid Cafe thread

Started by PyronIkari, December 22, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

PyronIkari

Hi kids, this is Mikey, co-head of this years Fanimaid Cafe.

Tryouts for this years cafe will take place roughly in February leaving 3 months or so before con for you to purchase your maid uniform (please do not do so until AFTER you've been accepted and AFTER the maid uniform is okay'd by staff). Any questions or inqueries can be made here.

Ideas and suggestions although are appreciated but please put consideration into anything you suggest. We've heard "WE WANT A BUTLER CAFE" 30924028402935 million times.

General rules for cafe applicants.

Some basic requirements are:
1) Must be Female (No exceptions!)
2) Must be 16 or older by the event
3) Must be able to supply your own uniform
4) Must be able to attend to at least 2 meetings (with your own means of transportation)

Meetings will be either in San Jose or the San Francisco area, these have yet to be determined. That's all I can think of right now.

Jun-Watarase

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm Jun, head of Fanimaid Cafe.

It's about that time of year again, and we are recruiting maids for Fanimaid Cafe 2011. If you are interested in joining, please email [email protected]. This will add you to the Fanimaid Cafe mailing list for information on what to expect, dates for try outs, meetings, and a short FAQ. Do not worry if you do not get a response right away. As long as you have emailed [email protected], you have been added to the mailing list.

If you have any specific questions that need special attention that are not answered in the mass-emails, we will try to work with you as soon as possible.

Being a maid at Fanimaid Cafe jobs is a volunteer job, and you will receive volunteer hours with the time you spend with us (including training and meetings) towards reimbursing your badge fees.

You must fit the requirements listed above to join Fanimaid Cafe. Please do not purchase your maid uniform until after you have passed the try-out stage, and have had your uniform approved by a staff member. Purchasing your maid uniform is of your responsibility. (Sorry!)

Try-out dates will be posted very soon. Please expect an update, shortly. If you are a Fanimaid volunteer that would like to insure receiving information right away as they become updated, email [email protected] to add yourself to the mailing list.

Also, if you are a veteran maid, you may receive an invitation back to working with us at Fanimaid Cafe to bypass training stages. If you are invited back and plan on purchasing a new uniform, you must send a product photo or design sketch to staff to have it approved as per usual. If you do NOT receive an invitation back, you must try-out again to join Fanimaid Cafe.

Fanimaid☆LIVE performances will be worked on shortly. If you are considering performing this year, I suggest to begin planning or thinking about what you would like to perform even if you have not tried out yet. Performance line-ups are first come first serve, and filtered by staff members who deem it appropriate.

Thank you! Please expect updates soon.

- Junchan

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Ai_Kaneco

watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

ShinoBee

Tryouts Round 2: FIGHT!

But quick question though, how many meetings/tryouts will there be? I noticed a requirement is to at least attend two meetings.

I love my Piggie! :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: ShinoBee on January 03, 2011, 02:44:04 PM
Tryouts Round 2: FIGHT!

But quick question though, how many meetings/tryouts will there be? I noticed a requirement is to at least attend two meetings.

Tryouts are different than "meetings". Tryouts=where you go to try out to be a maid. Meeting=Follow up where we talk about the specifics in what we're asking you to do, train a little, get to know each other and talk about suggestions and all that good jazz.

The exact number of meetings/tryouts have not been established, but probably around 2 tryouts and 3 meetings.

lycheejelly

Just wanted to put in some random words of encouragement:

Come to the try-outs!  <3  I know I was all nervous about trying out, but it's definitely worth it.  Just be out-going and willing to work with people.  The people you'll be volunteering with are all super nice and worthy friends.  I know my Fanime experience last year had more fun memories than when I just went to the con as a normal attendee.  If I ever had a moment of confusion on what to do during the Maid Cafe hours, a veteran maid or staff member swooped down and helped me. 

Hope to see you all at meetings.  <3

-Enju/Patricia

Also, just a question: Are we going to have in-cafe mini-performances or group games like rock paper scissors?  I think in previous years you guys were able to have this done?  :D  I'd love to help out with those if needed, as I normally shy away from the stage performances.
Fanimaid 2014 Staff

vanillashakes

Sending out some words of encouragement as well~

Please, if you do meet the requirements and are interested in attending, don't be afraid to try out! Like Enju said, we love people who are out-going and cooperative. I've been a part of this the last two years and it's always fun to meet maids because we end up all becoming great friends. If you like meeting new people and even love to participate in events like our previous Maid Cafe performances, then that's all the more awesome.

The best advice that I can give you to those who wish to try out this year is to just be yourself. Hope to see a lot of you at the try-outs!

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

just wondering, but have any emails been sent out yet? I  sent an email to be added but I wasn't entirely sure since I haven't gotten any emails. But then again, it may be too early ^^;;
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
----------------------------------
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

websites/places to contact me at......
Tumblr:myobiyuki.tumblr.com
DeviantArt: crossdemonization.deviantart.com

Mizuhime54

Ahh...same here XD I've been wanting to be a maid for a while, and now seems like a great time to figure if I can make it :D So, did we miss any emails guys? ^^;;

reinmystica

Well, I haven't gotten any e-mails either, so I'm guessing nothing has been sent out yet.

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

PyronIkari

Nothing has been sent out just yet, but one will be sent out soon concerning the first try-out meeting. Please be patient and stay tuned.

Till then...

Hope you can join us~

Jun-Watarase

Greetings!

I apologize for the delay, and if people have been wondering about updates! Now that we have a sufficient amount of volunteers expressing interest, it is time to announce our try-out dates!

Our current try-out dates are February 13, 2011 and March 12, 2011. The meeting will begin at 11:00am and end at approximately 3:00pm, and take place in the San Jose Convention Center, right outside the Santa Clara room in the Hilton.

EDIT: Also please attend only ONE try-out. Attending more than once is prohibited.

It is not too late to sign up for our mailing list, so feel free to email [email protected] if you or any of your friends are interested in becoming a maid and would like to receive information as we go. For those who are interested in joining, but have a valid reason as to why they cannot attend a try-out (like not living in California), email us as we will try to work out a compromise for you around the time try-outs are happening.

What To Expect
You will receive a basic outline of duties and details regarding your job as a Fanimaid, including playing the role as a maid properly, learning phrases, mannerisms, how to wait tables, and etc. Performance details are briefly outlined during the meeting as well. We will also discuss the ideal uniform you must purchase to be a part of Fanimaid Cafe. There will be a quick interview at the end for staff to better get to know you. No work experience or proficiency in Japanese is necessary.

There will be a handful of information, so bring a notebook and pen if possible!

**Please do not purchase a maid uniform until you have passed a try-out and your uniform has been approved by a staff member. This also applies if you are a veteran maid and are planning on purchasing a new uniform.

Once you have passed a try-out, you will receive more detailed information and study materials to train you and teach you to become familiar with your job, plans for events and performances, and sometimes invitations to meet-ups to get to know your fellow Fanimaid Cafe maids. ^^

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we will to the best of our ability answer them as soon as possible. Keep checking back on this thread for updates!

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

so.... who's going to which meet up? feb or march?
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

aikoslife

<3 <3 <3

Can't wait!!! (/ > w <)/
i'm thinking about going in Feb.

kyaaah! I can just imagine all the Moe-ness everywhere! <3

This is going to be uber fun sauce! XD

nurse gadget

So........I know I can make it to a "try-out" but what day(s) of the week can we expect the "meetings" to be ??? We cannot really make a real commitment without knowing when this meetings will be  ;)

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: nurse gadget on January 31, 2011, 07:29:54 PM
So........I know I can make it to a "try-out" but what day(s) of the week can we expect the "meetings" to be ??? We cannot really make a real commitment without knowing when this meetings will be  ;)

The date has been posted up there~
February 13, 2011 and March 12, 2011. The meeting will begin at 11:00am and end at approximately 3:00pm. ^_^
You can chose to attend one of those days.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: nurse gadget on January 31, 2011, 07:29:54 PM

As Unyuu has kindly pointed out, the dates were actually posted a couple of posts before yours. Hope that helps!

FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Hello girls!

Just a reminder that try outs will be this Sunday on the 13th. We will be meeting in the Hilton of the San Jose Convention Center (Where FanimeCon takes place) and the try-outs will be right outside the Santa Clara room. We will begin at 11AM and end at 3PM.

Please do NOT be late! It is necessary to be there the entire duration, as much of basic information is being taught at the beginning of the try-outs themselves. It is advised to bring a notepad and a pen.

For more information regarding the cafe, feel free to refer to this thread for general information and archives of previous updates. I advise to have read all major updates before trying out. And feel free to ask any legitimate questions that have not already been answered, and we will do the best of our ability to answer you~

Good luck, everyone! I hope to see you there! ♥

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

reinmystica

Hi, I have one question, what are the tryouts going to be like? I didn't see any information on what the actual tryouts are going to consist of, and if it was already said somewhere, I'm very sorry ><