Official 2011 Fanimaid Cafe thread

Started by PyronIkari, December 22, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

DrMarukyuu

I'd like to try out, but I have a trip to Japan scheduled on the date of the next try-out...
I was wondering if you can do one-on-one try-outs or whether you were planning another one?
I speak fluent Japanese and know the basics of being a maid cafe maid, so I'll be sure not to disappoint!

LadyNessa

PyronIkari

Please be patient. With the events of Japan's earthquake and the such, we've had a lot of work we've been doing concerning other things which have been taking up our time. Witht he event in sunnyvale this weekend along with a lot of personal issus concerning what heppened, we've really had little time to get everything done. The process is moving along and we are slowly finishing selection for the first two meetings, it will take a little bit more time.

Thank you for your patience and we'll get the mails out as soon as we can.

PyronIkari

Hi girls who tried out.

So after 5 hours of discussion tonight, going through pictures and interviews, we've decided on who we're accepting in from the first two meetings. We'll be sending out an email relatively soon (tomorrow night maybe the thursday night if I get too busy). Good luck have fun No Rush 15 minutes.

jenniferham

ne, did you already send out the e-mails?

PyronIkari

Quote from: jenniferham on April 04, 2011, 06:20:14 PM
ne, did you already send out the e-mails?

A quick note. Yes, some were sent out. After the meeting this weekend we will completely finalize are choices as many of the maids were put into a maybe category. After this last meeting we will make our final decisions.

HOWEVER...

There were some complications concerning some of the emails. Specifically, 2 email addresses given to us bounced back as errored non-existing emails. I will try to work this out and will probably take some time to do to figure out who gave me errored emails and how to contact them appropriately.

I will be sending out a mass email to all of the tryouts/current maids later today as a reminder of the last meeting for those who have not attended one yet but still wish to try out.

IF YOU GAVE US YOUR EMAIL AND HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY EMAILS FROM US AT ALL AFTER TONIGHT, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT

maidcafe at fanime dot com

PyronIkari

Hi. For all you girls that wanted to try out but haven't yet. Remember
to try out this Sunday Hilton side of the SJCC(where Fanime is held).

Tryouts will start at 11 but try to get there a little early because
the group may move.

This will be your last chance to try out.

Thanks!
Mikey Pham - Co-head

Jun-Watarase

Greetings everyone!

Fanimaid Cafe has their final headcount of maids prepared for 2011, and we are officially clearing the mailing list for this year! Maids who have passed this year will receive a final confirmation email almost immediately after this announcement.

Meaning, for those who did not arrive at a try-out date or has not made it to the final headcount will not be receiving any emails from Fanimaid Cafe after this. This includes veteran maids who have not responded to their invitation back into Fanimaid Cafe. If you are a veteran maid that has participated in the previous years and received invitations back, and are still interested in participating in 2011, please email us to let us know. For those who did not make it, we apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to see you at FanimeCon!

Thanks to everyone for their support thusfar, and congratulations to our new maids of Fanimaid Cafe 2011!

- Jun, Head of Fanimaid

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Not that this will mean anything, but I'm incredibly curious for anyone that would like to reply.

Fanimaid live and Zoku Fanimaid live has a bunch of our girls performing on stage zero for you all. What do you guys enjoy the best of these performances(not talking about specific people or something like "GIRLS IN MAID UNIFORMS!").

Do you prefer group songs, solo songs, dance stuff? And what kind of music? Do you like when they do old anime songs, current pop music? Themed medley, internet famous meme songs? Doujin music?

I just want to get a feel of what you guys like, it doesn't really influence too much because I don't choose what girls want to perform or anything. But it may affect how I end up scheduling and working things in and how the show progresses. So feel free to leave an opinion and feed back, it's appreciated.

LordKefka

I'd like to see a good mix of old anime new anime themes where both old school anime fans and newer anime fans would enjoy. Dance, solo and group songs are all pretty important imo of making the maid performances on Stage Zero diverse and fun to watch. As far as meme songs, I personally have had enough of them.

Would be interesting where fans could request a song out of a list on spot but I'm not sure how well that would work out or if it would be even practical at all..

This is a side thing and I'm not too sure if this is where I can bring it up but I remember back when Reuben Langdon played some SFIV I think back in 09? Was wondering if maybe there could be a part where the fans could challenge maid(s) to some game on Stage Zero?

I thought overall last year the Stage Zero performances was pretty good and having Momoi there was another big plus so hopefully she'll make her appearance again.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on May 16, 2011, 01:18:42 PM
This is a side thing and I'm not too sure if this is where I can bring it up but I remember back when Reuben Langdon played some SFIV I think back in 09? Was wondering if maybe there could be a part where the fans could challenge maid(s) to some game on Stage Zero?

This has been thought of quite a bit. But the issue with this is how much could we do with the time we have. With the Quiz Maid Academy game, there's a chance for people to play a game *with* the maids and win prizes and stuff. To actually play things against the maids, we have the cafe itself where you can play fun little games with them and the such. Although I would like to put up a big event like playing an actual video game against the maids and such, time restraints and capabilities run a little short. To setup the system would be like... 5 or so min and clean up with be 5 or so min. So unless I wipe out part of the concert(which I'm not doing) we'd only have like... 15 minutes at most to do this. Then picking contestants and everything, at most we'd get in like 3 or 4 matches.

One of the big reasons I would like to do this, is outside of people that are actually good and know the game well, I could teach the maids to beat people and I'd love to see that happen, hahahah.

Enju for example could probably beat your random BlazBlu player pretty easy. With 30 min of prep training Jun would be able to beat your random SF player.

But outside of all that. I do have something setup for a little interaction this year for Fanimaid Live. So I hope audience members will participate in itand not be buzz kills by just standing there when it happens.

LordKefka

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 16, 2011, 01:37:08 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on May 16, 2011, 01:18:42 PM

This has been thought of quite a bit. But the issue with this is how much could we do with the time we have. With the Quiz Maid Academy game, there's a chance for people to play a game *with* the maids and win prizes and stuff. To actually play things against the maids, we have the cafe itself where you can play fun little games with them and the such. Although I would like to put up a big event like playing an actual video game against the maids and such, time restraints and capabilities run a little short. To setup the system would be like... 5 or so min and clean up with be 5 or so min. So unless I wipe out part of the concert(which I'm not doing) we'd only have like... 15 minutes at most to do this. Then picking contestants and everything, at most we'd get in like 3 or 4 matches.

One of the big reasons I would like to do this, is outside of people that are actually good and know the game well, I could teach the maids to beat people and I'd love to see that happen, hahahah.

Enju for example could probably beat your random BlazBlu player pretty easy. With 30 min of prep training Jun would be able to beat your random SF player.

But outside of all that. I do have something setup for a little interaction this year for Fanimaid Live. So I hope audience members will participate in itand not be buzz kills by just standing there when it happens.

I'm not too familiar with the times Stage Zero will be available for use but is it possible where the whole gaming part of the maid cafe be separate from the dances, singing and etc like two sessions on different days? I would assume it would ease the stress of the change in setup from the whole dancing and what-not to gaming. Maybe offer some prizes for beating the maid in a challenge like you mentioned with the Maid Quiz Academy? Not this year but maybe a possibility idea for the future Maid Cafe Stage Zero events. I mean I genuinely would love to see it expand to that point and I think doing that shows how strong you, Jun, Mizuki, maids and etc. are willing to take this big event showcase to bigger and bigger levels. Think about it and I'll be frank here when I say this: I think the maid cafe performance on Stage Zero last year was probably the most popular Stage Zero event ( unless I missed something..).

On the side note of the games aside from Street Fighter and other fighters maybe like Puzzle Fighter or something xD. But then again it goes back to your point on the whole time constraint and stuff unless you got some maids with killer PF skills >_>;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

eHash

i'd have to say...once again i was dissapointed by the food offering at the maid cafe.  I know it's union, I know it's stuck with their rules, but can't you guys negotiate something better? I do give you guys props for negotiating substantial items under $5. Many people don't realize this, but the venue determines what and how much the food is.

PyronIkari

Quote from: eHash on May 31, 2011, 03:34:50 PM
i'd have to say...once again i was dissapointed by the food offering at the maid cafe.  I know it's union, I know it's stuck with their rules, but can't you guys negotiate something better? I do give you guys props for negotiating substantial items under $5. Many people don't realize this, but the venue determines what and how much the food is.

We gets what we can, sorry man. Realistically though, if we're talking only in the con center, the prices aren't that bad and the food isn't that bad. The deserts are actually quite good, but the sandwiches and everything are just normal sandwiches.

I had a lot of conversations with one of the cooks and he actually talked to me about how he doesn't like making food like this, because it's not "good food". It's just simple catering food and to him that's not "cooking". I complimented the deserts and said that a lot of patrons love the new chocolate mousse cake(which was pretty good). He said and I quote "This isn't cooking. I wish this was a real restaurant that I could cook for all your patrons, because then I'd show you cooking".

chifunii

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 31, 2011, 04:29:38 PM
I had a lot of conversations with one of the cooks and he actually talked to me about how he doesn't like making food like this, because it's not "good food". It's just simple catering food and to him that's not "cooking". I complimented the deserts and said that a lot of patrons love the new chocolate mousse cake(which was pretty good). He said and I quote "This isn't cooking. I wish this was a real restaurant that I could cook for all your patrons, because then I'd show you cooking".

<3333333333333333333
Not quite sure how else to put it.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Amanojaku

This was my first year attending the Fanimaid Cafe, and while the food item was expensive, it was pretty good.  Some Key-Lime thing... I can't remember what it was called.

But I enjoyed the experience.  Our maid was delightful (sadly, I forget her name), and she chatted with us and played Connect 4 for a good 20 minutes or so, and we got a group picture.  Didn't rush us at all, as some people have been saying.  It was fun and a nice peaceful break from the chaos.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku