First time going to a con and i need some people to talk to :)

Started by RyanNulph, December 27, 2010, 12:57:40 AM

RyanNulph

I need to start talking to people about fanime 2011 because i really wanna go.. i already have about.. 300 USD saved up and i mean this isnt the first time i have gone to a convention i have gone to the sacanime one about .. 3-4 times and that was just by myself i kinda just lurked and im sick of doing that i wanna get into going to these things because you meet alot of really cool people even though it lasts only 3 days i personally think its the best 3 days of the year!!! because i live a totally boreing and sad life! this is the only place that i get to go to have fun and just be happy! (Sad i know :|) But yes if you do want to talk to me about it please add me on facebook or just simply reply to me on here.http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001684991258 <-- facebook feel free to add me :)

i hope it works xD and also i would like to talk about like

Date when the convention occurs because site isnt updated-
Meet ups-  ill be going by myself so i really need someone who is either expirenced or willing to just hang out :D
Hotel together willing to pay up- (of course i will let you know anything you wanna know about me before we hotel together lol and the reason i wanna know all this is as i said before first time EVER.. going and i will be going by myself because i have nobody to go with :(
cosplay- I wanna know where to buy some or if someone will talk to me and get to know me and bring somethin for me lol :)? ill pay you if you want.

Im okay once ya get to know me cant wait i look forward to your replys (im on daily)
thanks!!

RyanNulph

ewu

This is a marginally acceptable location. If you want me to move it, I can too. Meetings, Gatherings, and Get Togethers is a good place too. The Everything Else forum works too.

This forum does not get really active till Feb or so.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

RyanNulph

Oh shoot D: well thats alright ;) i have a long time and just move it to any place acceptable or where you think i would get the most help D:

Akito_starwind

Post some info like age,types of anime you like, cosplay or not. online games you like to play. just stuff that will help others to relate to you.

kookiekween99

I don't know about hanging out or whatever (I'm shy and I don't like talking to people I don't know very well) but hopefully I can answer a couple questions. I wouldn't exactly call myself a veteran since I've only gone once, but I am friends with a few staff members and I help run a convention at my school, so I have a good idea of how conventions work.

The date of the convention is Memorial Day weekend, as always, which would make it May 27-30. (May 26-30 if you count Day Zero.)

As for meetups and hotel, I already have my own group already set up, so I can't really help you there. Like I said, I don't like talking to people outside my group of friends.

For cosplay, either find a friend to make one for you or, if you're not planning on participating in the masquerade, try this site. It's what I'm planning on using. For more cosplay questions, it'd be best to check out Fanime's cosplay forum.

If you have any other questions about Fanime, it can't hurt to ask. I can't guarantee I have all the answers, but at least I can be helpful somewhere. ^^
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

RyanNulph

Quote from: Akito_starwind on December 31, 2010, 08:58:24 AM
Post some info like age,types of anime you like, cosplay or not. online games you like to play. just stuff that will help others to relate to you.

I am 18, I would really like to cosplay if possible :)
animes i like...
Eureka 7, code geass, naruto, bleach, full metal alchemist, ghost in the shell, cowboy bebop, black lagoon, samurai champloo and definatly INUYASHA!!!!!.. and i think thats about it i really dont get to see much anime cause im a video game freak xD

mm games i like to play lets see... call of duty series and starcraft 2 and warcraft series  :D

i am really a big fan of the full metal alchemist series :) i have seen complete eureka 7, code geass
naruto(i like the manga alot and see the anime mostly for fights) :D same with bleach :D

RyanNulph

Quote from: kookiekween99 on December 31, 2010, 12:43:14 PM
I don't know about hanging out or whatever (I'm shy and I don't like talking to people I don't know very well) but hopefully I can answer a couple questions. I wouldn't exactly call myself a veteran since I've only gone once, but I am friends with a few staff members and I help run a convention at my school, so I have a good idea of how conventions work.

The date of the convention is Memorial Day weekend, as always, which would make it May 27-30. (May 26-30 if you count Day Zero.)

As for meetups and hotel, I already have my own group already set up, so I can't really help you there. Like I said, I don't like talking to people outside my group of friends.

For cosplay, either find a friend to make one for you or, if you're not planning on participating in the masquerade, try this site. It's what I'm planning on using. For more cosplay questions, it'd be best to check out Fanime's cosplay forum.

If you have any other questions about Fanime, it can't hurt to ask. I can't guarantee I have all the answers, but at least I can be helpful somewhere. ^^
Thanks for big reply :)! and same as me D: i am very shy! but seeing as how the convention is about 5 months away (it will be after my birthday which is in april i will be 19! and i thought i could get to know people on the forums and try to get some people to hang out :] im not a bad guy once you get to know me im very friendly but very quiet sometimes but once im comfertable ill do anything xD dance randomly xd

Sleepy15

Hi. My name is Katrina. This will also be my first time going to fanime. I have also went to sacanime a few times. I am also looking for people to hang out with and talk with cause None of my friends are going. I would love to hang out with you I am 18. If you pm me I would gladly give you my fb. And we can talk more their since i am on their quite often. Um I'm into basically any anime haven't watched much lately. I also just recently got into video games mainly call of duty black ops. So much fun. I am also a shy person but I don't want to be by myself at this convention.I already ahve a room so I don't need a roommate but I do need someone to hang out with. If interested private message me and from their we shall go :)

Sleepy15

Quote from: Sleepy15 on January 14, 2011, 10:43:26 PM
Hi. My name is Katrina. This will also be my first time going to fanime. I have also went to sacanime a few times. I am also looking for people to hang out with and talk with cause None of my friends are going. I am interested in getting to know you and maybe hanging out at the con or before that if we live close enough.I am 18 just turned it in November. If you pm me I would gladly give you my fb account. And we can talk more their since i am on their quite often. Um I'm into basically any anime haven't watched much lately. I also just recently got into video games mainly call of duty black ops. So much fun. I am also a shy person but I don't want to be by myself at this convention.I already have a room so I don't need a roommate but I do need someone to hang out with. If interested private message me and from their we shall go :)

L0Lpants

a chance to set up meetings with new people that you'd rather hang with than your old, weird friends? Sounds cool. I've been to 3 of these fanimes since 07' & the highlight of the con for me is meeting the people while posing as the sane one of these gatherings. Besides, with everybody else being in their own groups, no 1 person should be left out, especially the first-time attenders. As a person of the people, I'd consider it an honor to hang with ya's. As for my backround info, i'll keep that to myself. If interested in hanging out, just keep an eye out for a guy in a dark suit w/ a fedora on his head when the con rolls around. If not that, then with a Shinigami-sama hoodie.
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

SOawesomeness

It's hard for me to make friends by just going to a convention, so I staff. (:< If you don't want to staff, you can also volunteer if you find yourself roaming around doing nothing with no one. >.>;
(I made friends with some awesome volunteers and now they're on staff. 8DDD YAAAYYY MEEEE )
That way, I'll see the same people for a weekend, and whether they like me or not, they have to interact with me. (:<<<<

Jaykay. Nah, they usually love me, and because of the proximity thing, it's easy to make friends. :D

What you can also do is join someone's room that you don't know and hope that you guys get along. That works too.

Wishing y'all the best. :D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

princesskitty18

yay for making friends at fanime!
usually when my friends arent there (which is usually friday  because of the karaoke contest), i just wander around
gets kinda lonely sometimes

but ill be 20 by the time this years convention comes up and this will be my 6th year
ive been goin since i was a freshman in high school and i love it every single time

since this is ur first time, i wouldn't say volunteer or staff
u want to take ur time gettin to kno your surroundings and the different events that are goin on
keep a daily update on the forums and different activities (dances, contests, fanimaid, stage zero, etc)
and soon ull find ppl that always appear at the same things u do
then VOILA! friend!...well maybe not that simple but u get the idea :D

should ppl feel like hangin wit an old veteran (i hate the word old :'() ill PROBABLY be at con for three days
friday: most likely for karaoke contest
sat and sun: wit some of my high school friends that have also gone as much as i have

good luck and welcome to the world of fanime first-timers!! :)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

kgHapa

This will be my 4th time going and all I can say is you should have no problems, everybody at fanime is incredibly crazy (in the good way) and friendly!

leslie

Quote from: Atlus on January 15, 2011, 07:22:37 PM
This will be my 4th time going and all I can say is you should have no problems, everybody at fanime is incredibly crazy (in the good way) and friendly!

I very much agree with Atlus! My first Fanime Con was last year and everyone was super nice! ;D
I didn't realize how many people were actually going until that Friday, it was pretty awesome!
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

c2chaos

Last year was my first year, and I staffed as a Rover. I got to see a lot of things and I got yanked out of my comfort zone and met some really cool people and then I got worked into the ground. heheh. It was really fun and people are as crazy as they sound (a handful are crazier), but yeah. You should check out what you can as an attendee. There's so much going on it's easy to miss something good. like the autograph session for FLOW.  Take your time to talk to people, mingle a little bit and if they interest you make plans to see them later. Oh, yeah. There will be plenty of time to mingle with others in the registration or pre-registration lines. XD
I hope to see you out there, Ryan!

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

otakuya

@RyanNulph: You've already taken a huge step to meeting people at Fanime by joining the forums. Cuz it seems like the convention lasts all year long in these parts.

princesskitty18

Quote from: Otakuya on January 22, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
@RyanNulph: You've already taken a huge step to meeting people at Fanime by joining the forums. Cuz it seems like the convention lasts all year long in these parts.

hes right ya kno?
uve taken a huge step and already created friendships even before meeting ppl
thats the key especially if ur new :)
sometimes all it takes is for ppl to kno that u have similar interests and boom! friendships!
keep it up!
hopefully those of us in this forum could all meet up at events or something :D

- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

otakuya

There usually is a forum gathering somewhere and sometime during the convention specifically for forum members. I don't know anything lately about it though.

princesskitty18

its probably too early
its only the end of january..
0.o
holy shit..
its the end of january
thats a new one XD