First time going to a con and i need some people to talk to :)

Started by RyanNulph, December 27, 2010, 12:57:40 AM

otakuya

Quote from: princesskitty18 on January 22, 2011, 01:10:27 AM
its probably too early
its only the end of january..
0.o
holy shit..
its the end of january
thats a new one XD

Dear, with Fanime, nothing is too early.

c2chaos

Quote from: princesskitty18 on January 22, 2011, 01:02:35 AM
Quote from: Otakuya on January 22, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
@RyanNulph: You've already taken a huge step to meeting people at Fanime by joining the forums. Cuz it seems like the convention lasts all year long in these parts.

hes right ya kno?
uve taken a huge step and already created friendships even before meeting ppl
thats the key especially if ur new :)
sometimes all it takes is for ppl to kno that u have similar interests and boom! friendships!
keep it up!
hopefully those of us in this forum could all meet up at events or something :D
Yeap! I absolutely agree! I joined the forums about a month before Fanime and it hasn't even been a year yet and I'm already over 3000 posts! I actually did appear at the forums gathering but only very briefly. I've met a few people here in real life. AuroraDreamer, Maki, Somebody, and Jerry; well, I think everyone here that attended 2010 has met Jerry. I can't imagine anyone missing his bright yellow shirt, the balloons, and a huge backpack.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

princesskitty18

Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 01:40:41 AM
well, I think everyone here that attended 2010 has met Jerry. I can't imagine anyone missing his bright yellow shirt, the balloons, and a huge backpack.

waitwaitwait!!
u mean he cosplayed as the kid from UP last year?
THAT was jerry?????
..... 0.o
ohhhhh did not kno that... XD
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Brutal

I added you on facebook xD
hopefully we run into each other (:

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

c2chaos

Quote from: princesskitty18 on January 22, 2011, 12:48:37 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 01:40:41 AM
well, I think everyone here that attended 2010 has met Jerry. I can't imagine anyone missing his bright yellow shirt, the balloons, and a huge backpack.

waitwaitwait!!
u mean he cosplayed as the kid from UP last year?
THAT was jerry?????
..... 0.o
ohhhhh did not kno that... XD
Yup-yup! That's him! XD

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

RyanNulph

Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 12:42:28 AM
Last year was my first year, and I staffed as a Rover. I got to see a lot of things and I got yanked out of my comfort zone and met some really cool people and then I got worked into the ground. heheh. It was really fun and people are as crazy as they sound (a handful are crazier), but yeah. You should check out what you can as an attendee. There's so much going on it's easy to miss something good. like the autograph session for FLOW.  Take your time to talk to people, mingle a little bit and if they interest you make plans to see them later. Oh, yeah. There will be plenty of time to mingle with others in the registration or pre-registration lines. XD
I hope to see you out there, Ryan!

Thank you very much!, And it sounds like fun after a few times of going to Volunteer and help them out & ugh i love flow <3 I hope to see you as well!

RyanNulph

Quote from: Otakuya on January 22, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
@RyanNulph: You've already taken a huge step to meeting people at Fanime by joining the forums. Cuz it seems like the convention lasts all year long in these parts.

Yeaa i wanted to create this account and try to get as many people to know me as i can i know it is only a few for now, But baby steps :D

RyanNulph

Quote from: Brutal on January 22, 2011, 01:44:28 PM
I added you on facebook xD
hopefully we run into each other (:

Yess added <3 buahh my goal is to try and finish school before fanime :3

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

EJAY420

dude, u will be ok. ive been to many Fanime by myself.....I always end up with new friends. There's nothing to
  worry about. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE FRIENDS FAST.....COSPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Impressive.

RyanNulph

i shall TRY :D buahha it sounds like its gonna be black friday for the entire weekend

Steve.Young

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on January 15, 2011, 12:13:17 AM
It's hard for me to make friends by just going to a convention, so I staff. (:< If you don't want to staff, you can also volunteer if you find yourself roaming around doing nothing with no one. >.>;
(I made friends with some awesome volunteers and now they're on staff. 8DDD YAAAYYY MEEEE )
That way, I'll see the same people for a weekend, and whether they like me or not, they have to interact with me. (:<<<<

Jaykay. Nah, they usually love me, and because of the proximity thing, it's easy to make friends. :D

What you can also do is join someone's room that you don't know and hope that you guys get along. That works too.

Wishing y'all the best. :D

^^ It helps if you are, ya know, kinda cute ;)

Join Rovers, you will get assimilated and you will be put to work. But you will come out of it with like a hundred new friends. No joke haha
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

RyanNulph

Junon

Quote from: RyanNulph on February 02, 2011, 12:28:45 AM
Nub here What are rovers :)

They kinda look like this:

They go around taking soil samples from attendees and radio back results to the Fanime HQ.

c2chaos

Lol. Rovers are the guys make sure the con is going well for attendees. They can be spotted with their radios and bright fluorescent yellow armbands.

luffy77

This will also be my first time at fanime and I have only been to sac anime twice.  At the most recent sac anime you might have saw me.  I was dressed as Luffy.  Im going to fanime alone too so it will be nice to make some new friends.  my facebook is www.facebook.com/soulxhawk if anyone wants to add me.

RyanNulph

Quote from: Junon on March 11, 2011, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: RyanNulph on February 02, 2011, 12:28:45 AM
Nub here What are rovers :)

They kinda look like this:

They go around taking soil samples from attendees and radio back results to the Fanime HQ.

Made my day man lololol

mukieemelano

:D hello spagettio im mukiee and im also a first timer it would be so cool to also hang out with another first timer only because i feel we could relate in many ways :)
Meow <3

RyanNulph

Quote from: mukieemelano on March 14, 2011, 10:46:06 PM
:D hello spagettio im mukiee and im also a first timer it would be so cool to also hang out with another first timer only because i feel we could relate in many ways :)

O,o Am i spagettio, If so nice to meet you mukiee =D and yes it would be great to hang out :s but im afraid i might not go.. Sudden move to Virginia is kinda rocking this plan but ill stay active on this thread haha ill be sure to go next year though :D or if im really really lucky ill be able to go this year =D

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee