Late Night Mystery Event

Started by DarkfallDC, December 31, 2010, 08:30:28 AM

XxNubletxX

haha i believe that would be good xD. the idea of corrupted NPCs and such. i wouldnt mind ^_^ xD this game seems to only become even

more interesting xD

crystalsoul

sounds fun :D

an adventure would be the perfect late night thing since i wont be able to sleep regardless >:D

Mod edit: you KNOW why.....

DarkfallDC

7/30 People who support the idea. No suggestions from other people?

MokurenTattoo

2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

L0Lpants

that actually sounds pretty interesting. I see this the answer to "when the gaming room gets boring". Some questions still remain though, such as what nights will this take place, Day Zero, Friday, when? Until there's a finalized version of the rules & how it goes down, i'ma remain skeptical bout this.
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

DarkfallDC

8/30.

And I plan on pushing for this event to happen on Friday night, with signups taking place During Day Zero and Day 1. If there are enough people willing to participate, I'll try to set up 2 games.

Hara

This sounds like a bunch of fun. I'd totally do it~!
Fanime 2012 Cosplays;;
Yaoi Maid? - 100%
Lotti (Pandora Hearts) -100%
Kariya Masaki (Inazuma Go) -95%

DarkfallDC

9/30.
I'll have to get into a writing mood if this picks up.

cesspooloflight

Interesting I would be up for something like this as long as it does not interfere with any of the big events.

DarkfallDC

10/30.

Change of plans: In order to present the idea at the next fanime meeting, I'm going to try and create as much as possible, including the story, layout, clues, and others. I do hope to continue gathering support though.

Kuro

I'd so enjoy doing this. I hope it gets up and running.
Why hello there....

LadyGlitterbow

I will absolutely support this! And I would love to be an NPC as well. Would NPC's be just any cosplayers? I am going this year as Horo from Spice and Wolf. Maybe each NPC would have like a riddle that helps the teams? Although I suppose it would be easier if they just gave some sort of clue, like "Hmmm, it sure was strange. Last night I saw Colonel Mustard in the Library....with a candlestick...." Of course not that obvious!
Also would this be a MURDER mystery? That would be extra awesome. One cosplayer could be "murdered" and so the teams are trying to figure out whodunit? And then it can be uncovered how every suspect has a reason to commit the murder, and the clues begin to reveal who it really was?
One more thing. How late do you want to make this? Like when there is nothing really going on? Like around 10pm and later? If so, then one night only would definitely be better because some people might get tuckered out! Lol!

DarkfallDC

LadyGlitterbow brings up a few good points that I've been meaning to write myself.

The NPC's are going to be 'HOPEFULLY' a mix of cosplayers and plainclothes, and rather than simply approaching them and asking them plainly about clues, certain 'prompts' would be required in order to get them to speak up: EG - Instead of going up to someone and asking 'are you an NPC', someone would have to ask something along the lines of... "Did you hear about that commotion that happened outside of the dealer room?"

Also, if you're interested in becoming a NPC, I wouldn't mind an email being sent to me, just so I can plot according to how many people sign up.
The event will be held one day at around 9:00PM on Friday, with another being held on Saturday if there is a lot of interest!!

If you're interested in being an NPC, send me a private message here, or at [email protected]

c2chaos

@ewu: Didn't the dance fail because it was a mystery?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

ewu

the mystery dance? I donno, it was a mystery right?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

c2chaos

How are people supposed to know about it? Word of mouth maybe? Or does it get hinted on the forums and all of the sudden it becomes the Forum's late-night social rendezvous?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

spiffyotaku

I'm in. But I already told you that on IM.

I hope FanimeCon approves this and let's you get it off the ground.

Lizchan33

This sounds wicked cool.... but far more complicated than most events D:

DarkfallDC

Complicated sucks, but at least it promises to be a good game if performed properly =).

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 10:17:08 AM
How are people supposed to know about it? Word of mouth maybe? Or does it get hinted on the forums and all of the sudden it becomes the Forum's late-night social rendezvous?

Wouldn't it get put on the schedule? If not, we could also spread the word with fliers, and/or the NPC's could go around saying to groups, "Did you hear about all the mysterious stuff going on? Meet at the so-and-so to find out more..." Or whatever, you know? There are plenty of people out at nighttime playing games and just hanging out, so I am sure they would love to just jump into the game.