general thread for roomates wanted 2011 (Please read 1st post)

Started by elfgirlkaname, January 03, 2011, 12:56:27 AM

Allura-Hime

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Konichiwa, minna-san!~ My name is Allura, at least that's what I go by during cons, etc. I'm a 19 year old college student from the Santa Clara county. I'm African-American Chinese and I'm kinda shy despite my badass attitude.

+ Hotel Information: I and my friends Aly and Amy are staying at Marriot now and we're arriving on Friday. We are looking for 2 more roomies, girls ofc. ;D

+ Costs: 111.43 each if we get 5 ppl in the room. Aly is covering the deposit fee so that is out of the way if ppl can stay with!

+ Requirements: Looking for 2 girls, as I said, who aren't afraid to be stuck in a room with someone like me, I tend to be a little loud, so I apologize in advance.
+ Contact: You can get in touch with me by email: [email protected] or by contacting Aly at [email protected]

+ Miscellaneous: We can discuss things such as food items to bring for the con among other things, utensils, cosplay makeup, etc....

Mod edit: consolidate
Live long and cosplay

Radraymond01

ROOMATES WANTED! \O/  ;D

Greetings and welcome everyone! My name is Ray, I am 24 years old and this would be my 3rd year at Fanime (yay!) and decided that I am looking for 1-2 roomates for the convention. This is my second year cosplaying and I enjoyed it very much that I have decided to cosplay three costumes for the convention: L from Deathnote and 2 versions of Sasuke - first one is the Chuunin exam Sasuke and the other is the Shippuden Sasuke. I will be bringing my 2 brothers with me, who would also be cosplaying, first one will be Kira from Deathnote and also Zero from Vampire Knight, and the other will cosplay as Death the Kid from Soul Eater. So all together, that's a total of 4-5 people staying (if we get 1-2 people, unlike 6-8 people that people try to cramp in a hotel room.)

Hotel: We will be staying at the Marriott Hotel right next to the convention from Saturday and checking out on Monday. We will be serving food and beverages, so you'll have something to drink and eat in the room, just don't touch the hotel menu lol. The room comes with a fridge aswell so if you want to store your drinks/food then you're more than welcome to. Depending on the room, we might either get a full king or two twin sized beds.

Who we look for: We are looking for down to earth, sane people, preferably female since it's just a little easier for them to trust with our stuff and they seem to know more about Fanime so we can ask them for questions regarding all things Fanime.

* Manners required. Last time me and my brother booked with a group people, they were not respecting our privacy and often were looking through our stuff, that is a NO NO! So all boundaries will be respected.

* Hygiene is a big deal, need I say more?

* This is also a big one - NO DRAMA PLEASE! Last year, me and brother were subjected through a series of soap opera type scenes filled with crying and screaming, which mind you, lasted throughout the night(it had nothing to do with us, they were dealing with problems with Fanime from other cosplayers). It was so unbearable that the next day me and brother had to find another hotel room and wasted more money. Please, we are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves at Fanime, so please leave the drama somewhere else.

* Must be over 19, we are not here to babysit people so we are looking for individuals who are mature.

* Must be clean and tidy. We want to keep the room presentable from the day we book till the day we check out, meaning don't destroy anything or they will charge me and my brother extra for the damages.Pick up after yourselves :).

Cost: We are charging only $40 for the stay, for each individual(Saturday-Monday). Mind you, there's only only going to be 4-5 people in the room, so you will definitely have your space to move around. You are more than welcome to bring visitors inside to chill and stay up as long as you want, we don't mind just as long as you don't wake up the neighbors next door. Payment can be arranged either through Paypal so I know that you are interested in the available spot or cash when we meet up.

Here's my MySpace if you want to know who you're booking with - http://www.myspace.com/radraymond01. If you are interested in the room or have any questions, please feel free to leave me an Email - [email protected] with the words "Fanime" so I don't accidentally delete you. Just don't forget to also send me your facebook or myspace page so I know who I'm talking to or meeting with, thanks!

Aside from that, let's all have an awesome Fanime 2011 and hope to see everyone there!

billgoku

Alright, roommates needed,

Age range really isn't an issue.

About myself: Names Bill, 27, live in San Jose. I work and train/manage at a resturant. 7th year Fanime vet. I've cosplayed Ichigo Kurosaki for the past 2 years at Fanime, I wear his banki with the hollow mask. Some of you may remember seeing me, I do get quite a lot of attention in the cosplay, which I don't mind. I'm easy to get along with, make friends fairly easily, you can talk to me without concern really. If you wake me up, its whatever, I pass out in seconds and can sleep through a tornado. I have pet peeves but honestly they're not horrible. If you need to know anything else, physical, personal about me, send me a PM here. I'll respond asap.

Looking for: Someone who can afford around 70-90 room fee, it is the Marriott hotel so EASY access to the convention hall, that's for the entire stay from Thursday-Monday. Any food costs are yours, drinks may be provided(water bottles). There will be males and females in this room so if you're uncomfortable with sleeping in the same room with either sex, let me know. Were all here to have fun and enjoy the convention so don't worry about the little things. Now, I do require you to have a bit of manners, don't touch others things without permission. If anything goes missing, everyone will be responsible for it. Showers? Yeah want ya to smell good. Now if there is any other information you'd Like, let me know again by PM.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

dominusdux

Roommates Wanted
-Cost:$80 for the weekend
-Limitations:
*Keep your stuff on your side of the room
*Don't touch my stuff
*Don't wreck the place
*No rough-housing
*I get the bed

I don't care if you come in drunk or need to step outside for a cig in the middle of the night, just let me know so we can work things out.

blacklolita

Roomate found

Akuriko

I'm no longer able to attend Fanime this year, and unfortunately, many others in my room have also decided to bail. Those left were unable to find others to fill the room, so they've found some place else to stay. The hotel charges a cancellation fee of one night's stay within 30 days of the con, so I was really hoping to find someone who I could pass my reservation onto to avoid the fee. The room is at the Marriott for Thursday through Monday, and it has two queen-size beds. If anyone is interested, please comment here or send me a PM, and I can give you more info.

I am told that if I need to adjust the reservation at all, to do so by calling the hotel directly after the 21st. There's no penalty fee for changing it, so if you just need a room for Fri - Mon, or even just for one night, you can change it at that time. Thanks!

ispyangie

I'm interested, well it depends. But could you drop me a message? If someone hasn't already grabbed the room O_O
Tweet @ispyangie

FaireGoddess

Hey guys-
I totally blanked and forgot to cancel my room reservation before the deadline, and I really don't want to pay a one-night penalty fee. :( Wednesday 5/18 is the last day to change reservations, so I'm trying to find someone to take it over for me. I've tried asking friends, posting on LJ and FB, and haven't gotten any serious nibbles. Please help an otaku out, ask your friends if you don't need it! :)

Deets:
Check-in Fri, check-out Mon
Reserved as a Triple, $106 a night
2-Queen room

If you're interested, please PM me and we'll work on transferring the booking.

Second NOTE: I am NOT charging money, selling my reservation, or in any way making profit from this transaction. I'm also not a creepy person! Just trying to avoid a penalty for being dumb. >__<
-Lindsay
certifiably insane, yes indeedy.

kingsnake

I had some serious last-minute cancellations from party-members this week and now I have two rooms I don't need at the Crowne Plaza. If there's anyone that would like one or both of them, please email me (beta [at] snafucon.com), or reply here so that we can work something out.

I have the rooms reserved Friday night through Monday morning.

My financial situation is such that I can't really afford the one-night penalty, twice, and I'm sure the rest of my party isn't going to want to take on the added burden. So please, if anyone needs a room...

I did attempt to cancel and was told by CMR housing that the hotel would be keeping the deposit (one night) if I canceled. I did read the FAQ - "Cancellations after Monday, May 24, 2010 will incur a penalty of one night's room and tax for your reserved hotel." The Fanimecon website, and CMR housing tells me that the contract for the hotels allows them to keep the one night if canceled after April 29.

CMR Housing told me they can easily do a name change and submit new credit card information. So my only way out without penalty is getting someone to take over. 

EJAY420

I STILL HAVE ROOM!

KING SUITE ST CLAIRE HOTEL.

CHECK OUT MY PREVIOUS POST.

[email protected]
Most Impressive.

Himeno

Quote from: kingsnake on May 18, 2011, 02:46:58 PMI did attempt to cancel and was told by CMR housing that the hotel would be keeping the deposit (one night) if I canceled. I did read the FAQ - "Cancellations after Monday, May 24, 2010 will incur a penalty of one night's room and tax for your reserved hotel." The Fanimecon website, and CMR housing tells me that the contract for the hotels allows them to keep the one night if canceled after April 29.
The link ewu posted on another thread is wrong. Relates to last year, not this year.

This is from the correct page.
QuoteQ: How do I cancel or change my hotel reservation?
A:   

Cancellations made after April 29, 2011 will incur a penalty of one night's room and tax for your reserved hotel. Cancellations or Reservation Changes prior to Tue May 17, 2011 may be made 4 ways:

* Through the FANIMECON 2011 housing website
    * Calling FANIMECON Housing toll-free at (800) 924-4232 or at (415) 979-2282, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
    * Email [email protected]
    * Fax FANIMECON Housing at (415) 216-2534.

Cancellations after Tue May 17, 2011 must be made directly with your hotel.

soulfringe

I direly need a room. Really looking for Thursday to Monday. (I'd like to do day 0)  Not wanting to pay an arm and(/or) a leg either.   Also packing 6+ people in a room is a definite no.  4 people is ideal.

Things about me.

29 Male; I like the same stuff as most, if not all, of the people here. Anime.  I am also a seiyu fanboy.  I do not cosplay. 

Please PM me immediately if you have something I can afford.

honeycrumpet

Roommates Wanted ~!!

// Hotel residing in: Fairmont in San Jose

// Please be respectful at all times.

// Introduction - Hello. My name is Mari and my friend and I are currently looking for roomies. =)

// Hotel Information - Fairmont hotel. $109.00 a night. Friday~Sunday. King sized bed with a guaranteed rollaway. NON-smoking.

// Costs - It's $109.00 a night. It really depends. Whoever we get, and actually stays we will all split the cost evenly. I have a receipt/proof of purchase to assure you. :D

// Requirements
1) Other than paying hotel roommates, no one else is allowed within the hotel room. This is to assure the safety of belongings.
2) Please be courteous when walking in from late night events.
3) You need your own sleeping bag, just incase. Females get first priority.
4) Do NOT touch anyone else's things.
5) No age requirements.
6) You must e-mail me your Facebook, or another way to contact you other than e-mail.

// Contact - Please e-mail me at ..... honeycrumpet AT live DOT com

// Miscellaneous - I'm fairly easy-going, and I'm a headstrong leader. I'm reliable when it comes to handling a situation and I'd love take an opportunity to get to know you. Thanks. :)

CyberLink

Have a Suite booked 8 minutes from the San Jose Convention Center. If you need a floor to sleep on or a sofa, if you're lucky.<3 I have two spots left. The total room costs were around 500$ and I paid the blunt end of that so, Please only message me if you're willing and able to help 25$ each night you crash in the room. There will be partying going on in the room, if this bothers you, don't message. I actually prefer 18+ for our roommates, but exceptions can be made depending on who you are. We're all very friendly party-motivated cosplayers just looking to meet new friends and have a great time. That's 75$ for the whole con, including Day 0. So get at me before spots fill up, And let's have an AMAZING con!
I'm certainly up to no good.

myassisblack

Room wanted

-looking for offers, will tolerate anything as long there's a closet to hang my clothes, a motherf-king shower, & hopefully not have to crash on somebody's floor
- don't wanna have to pay more than $130
- location within walking distance of convention center wouldn't hurt either
- Must find one quickly as possible considering i'm staffing this year
- PM for offers & to add additional info

FullMetalDonut

Looking for a place to crash. Will trade for a carpool that seats 4 passengers. Must be within the Bay Area. Also, I'm an alley artist and will trade art for a place or even $$$.

Freight

I've had two spots open up!

$120.00 at the San Jose Hilton from May 26 - May 31!

PM me immediately or e-mail at [email protected] for the spots!

2re3

HI last minute looking for a room and perhaps a ride!
all i need is some floorspace to crash during the night
whether that be under a coffee table or closet anything will do
ill be there friday saturday night but most of the time i wont even be in the room!
also if anyone is carpooling from LA to fanime hit me up AT [email protected]!!!

Grimmy

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello. My name is Marissa and I am 16. This will be my 3rd time attending Fanime. I had hotel arrangements planned out,but sadly they couldn't fall through.I am extremly well mannered and responsible, so please don't judge me on my age. I am fine with drinking and smoking in rooms, and will not say anything about it if it's present. I am traveling from Southern California, and really have no where to stay.
+ Hotel Information: I am willing to stay anywhere, it would only be Friday-Sunday night that'd I'd need to stay. I don't require a bed, I'll be fine on the floor or against a corner.
+ Requirements: I am fine with anything. Beggars can't be choosers.
+ Contact: 760-987-4596 • Phone. Call or Text anytime.
[email protected] • Email.
Facebook.com/Rap3Monst3r • Facebook. Send a message or add me.
Also, PM's too.
+ Miscellaneous: Sadly.. I have little to nomoney to pay for the room.. My friends actually payed for my bus ticket to San Jose. I have $190,the ticket will cost me $160,leaving me with roughly around $30. I am going to have to take a city bus Thursday night,and Friday morning,so I have no idea how much that'll leave me. I am willing to give up the rest of my money for housing if needed. Oh! I will have ramen, if you would like some.

Thank you for reading, and hopefuly I will hear from someone soon.

CyberLink

I need two people to sleep on my floor. We're all awesome and it WILL be a party room. They were both going to give 100 for the whole stay, would appreciate if you can do the same. Plenty of drinks, snacks, candy in the room. Prefer female as I've my girls in the room I am very protective over but, guys are fine too I suppose.~ Please message me here with any questions/comments. suite is booked for day1-monday at the San Jose Garden Airport Hotel. Thanks!
I'm certainly up to no good.