GET YO' GUNS ON! 2011 Sengoku Basara

Started by Enkai, January 12, 2011, 07:20:02 AM

Enkai

Copy-pasta from cosplay.com - http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=229926

Anybody up for a Sengoku Basara gathering? I know my husband's bringing Oda Nobunaga, and I have a goal of getting Nouhime re-dyed and put back together by then. Saturday's best for us, but we can change that if that's what the rest of the group wants. I know that we spend a lot of time getting my husband into his costume, so Friday *may* work, but Monday definitely won't what with checkout and all that.  Sunday's okay as far as costume prep time.

Time-wise, it *could* be as early as 11 or so on Saturday (again, a lot of time needed getting into costume), but later's probably preferable. If it's on Friday, for us, a bit later (3 at the earliest?). Sunday - again, open for discussion, but we'd prefer to not conflict with the Kuroshitsuji gathering, whose time has not been determined.  This one will take priority over the Kuro gathering however, so we'll make it regardless.

Day: Saturday? (open for discussion)
Time: TBD (discuss!)
Meeting Place: Fountains?  I'm thinking it'd be good to claim somewhere on I think the Hilton side.  The side with all the trees that doesn't have huge traffic coming in and out.   It was a little difficult with all the traffic last year.

Attendees:
Oda Nobunaga - Satoi
Nouhime - Enkai
Motochika/Kanbe - Tenshiryuu (maybe?)
Mori Motonari -Yukari Kaiba
Sarutobi Sasuke - Chaosbark
Date Masamune - Knight of Infinity
Ishida Mitsunari - Varnani

Oh, and FYI, I'm way more active on cosplay.com than I am here, so I may not respond right away.

sael

Haha, so we're opposites as to which site we frequent more. I'm aiming to have Sarutobi Sasuke finished by Fanime for this gathering. Personally, I prefer Saturday as well for the same reasons as you.

Knight of Infinity

OH HELLZ YEAH!!!!! I was waiting for this thing to happen, I was even contemplating organizing one if it didnt start within the week! I will help be an organizer if need be. Im going to cosplay as Date Masamune.
Knight of Infinity at your service!

Enkai

Yay!  Glad others are interested!  I have you both down.

Knight of Infinity - that'd be helpful.  I feel pretty comfortable taking on most of the organization before hand, including checking in at the gathering table, and I can help some at the gathering itself (I'm loud and I know how to project).  However, other than doing the calling, having somebody to take over at the gathering would be great considering that most of my effort while in costume usually goes into playing spotter for my husband when moving.  ^^;  Huge spiky armor + large crowds = pain in the rear to go anywhere.

I have a little blurb on possible location up.  The fountains are a great place to do so, but I'm thinking it'd be good to grab a spot on the Hilton side near the trees where there's a lot less traffic.

raenef

Hey just wanted to put myself down as Tenkai ^ ^
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

Yukari Kaiba

lol I was going to say to add me as Mori but you've already got me on the list XD can't wait for the gathering!
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

BSaphire

I can not list your URLs for this gathering because your first posts are incomplete. Please refer to Post #3 in the Official Cosplayer Gatherings/Events List Thread here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html
Thank You
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Knight of Infinity

Lets put it down for Saturday at 11 (we can always change it later on if we are quick about it) for now cuz we need to get this gathering official so more people know of its existence! I guess Ill help out with Organizing this thing. Not my first rodeo either, helped organize the 09 Codegeass gathering. As for placement I reccomened the main entrance with thefountains and drop off circle, the marriot side if I recall correctly. Although it may be abit more crowded it gathers alot of attention and photographers. Any ideas for events or games we should hold?

hayatecrawford

I might bring Mitsunari or maybe he's female version...(LOL)
Current Cosplays:
Bayonetta
Cosmos (Dissidia FF)
Da Ji (Warriors Orochi)
Ishida Mitsunari (Sengoku Basara)

Yukari Kaiba

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

delgar

Ahh! I'd like to attend! As Yukimura in his alternate outfit in Samurai Heroes. ~u~

Unless it conflicts with any Yuya Matsushita involved events. :u
My sister and my primary reason for going down to California for Fanime is to see him/meet+great/autograph. |D
I read in a sticky in the Big Events Showcase area that his concert is going to be on Saturday, not sure of what time.

...But if times are not conflicting please count me in!!

edit: also, this is going to be my first time going to Fanime con, these locations you guys are mentioning are not within my knowledge. ;o;
It'll be easy to find, right? [I mean, aside from the amount of Basara characters being concentrated into one area. xD]
Scorching curry uplifts my soul

Knight of Infinity

BUMP!!! We gotta get this things SET IN STONE!!!! SATURDAY!!! LETS DO 11:00!!!! hilton side fountains are fine by me, But it does seem like its gonna be at the same time and place as the Pokemon gathering, so I suggest the Marriot side cuz then we will be with the Hitman reborn gathering which is better in my eyes, how bout you guys!?
Who is the organizer for this gathering?! if no one wants to do it all be glad to help get things straightened out!!! we have less then a month here man!!!

myotishi

So it's going to be Saturday at 11?
I'll be there as Tsuruhime! (Providing I get there in time...)

Knight of Infinity

@ Enkai

Please update the first post for now so we can get this thing official and let the masses and photographers at fanime know!

Lets set this for saturday at 2 marriot/hilton fountains (I prefer Marriot side fountains)

Seems there are less gatherings set for that time and thus less traffic. Ive never been to the Hilton side so I can't say anything about gathering there, But I do know that Ive never had a problem with having the Code Geass gathering in the Marriot side fountains though, and our gathering gets rather HUGE.

mandragora

Chibi Aizen will be there (g-d willing and his mom finishes) as Takeda.
Tanstaafl!

raenef

Oh, oops- I'll be there as Tenkai the creeper ^ ^

Do we know yet what time yet? 2pm at the fountains?
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

balnibarbi

+1 Yukimura! I might be bringing a few ninjas and possibly a dragon with me.

Yukari Kaiba

Saturday at 2 sounds perfect to me C: won't be in Mori though - instead I'll be coming as Yukimura with a complete Kai family (Sasuke and a chibi-Shingen C: ). I can't wait, I'm so excited!
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

mandragora

2 would be perfect. It gives me more time to get wiggly 10 year old into all the pieces that make up Takeda.
Tanstaafl!