Weib (Weiss) Schwarz Meet up

Started by Snow Caps, January 13, 2011, 08:42:17 AM

Snow Caps

Pretty much this is out to anyone looking to either get their game on or wants to learn the game. This game only comes in Japanese with the exception of one english starter deck, so picking up this game and jumping the gun is not easy. Game play is very smooth, if not fair play. Unlike Yu-gi-oh and Magic this tcg gives pretty much any deck a good chance to win. Not to say that their aren't pro-meta decks out there or a set way to play. But this isn't Japan or singapore or China, this is America and here i like to play it casually, so yeah. Wondering if there are players out there who wish to meet up.
This is a post showing the decks i have.
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/22251/Weib+Weiss+Schwarz+List+of+Decks.html
This is an English Translation Site I use to help with effect, i dont trust it 100% but they hit they nail pretty hard when it comes to it.
http://ws.nk-ds.org/
I eat kim chi, and I know a lot about Men and Women. CHOU HENSHIN

@nisemonogatari

sup man, any chance you will be attending fanime 2012? if so, i'm down to play. i saw you guys last year in the gaming room, and after that i decided to pick up and start playing myself. it'd be good if a lot of the bay area or nearby players will be attending as well, that way we can all at least have some fun.

BlueCharisma

Hey, heres the link to a facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/WSForeignGroup.HSIchiban/ . You can introduce yourself their and we haven't figured out all the details yet for the gathering. Here is another link to a bay area group http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/172181922881921/ .

Noda-kun

To add to the OP's comment about English starter decks, Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica are also getting English decks, though in late-June, a month after Fanime.

I'll bring a few decks over too, so I look forward to meeting you all, and I hope this can get the ball rolling for future meet-ups and events.

Snow Caps

Good to see this topic up and running again. Yes, this year I will be coming back to get my game on. This time with a whole new plan in mind. I plan to take on everyone there with 100% chance of winning with one of my most powerfulest deck. SO POP FLYING, GET SET TO GET DECKED, when i go ape wild on everyone.
I eat kim chi, and I know a lot about Men and Women. CHOU HENSHIN

myenoodle

I've never been to fanime before. Do they sell bushiroad products especially Weiss Schwarz? Is love to spend money on their booth and I have a lot of friends going this year with their decks.

Akita

^ from what I recall, there weren't that many
and for sure, there are definitely people playing Weiss in this con, especially at night.

BlueCharisma

this year bushiroad is promoting quite a lot at the big name conventions, not sure at all if they will be at fanime. from what i recall last year, only one place had some WS and it was toyslogic but was at a pretty high price.

the community is trying to plan out a meet(s) and maybe a casual tournament. it will probably be at night time due to people enjoying the rest of the con in the daytime. hopefully people will be bringing some trades

TheAsianDude

Stupid question but can you play with other Web Schwarz players with Chaos TCG and Victory Spark-themed cards/decks? Just found out about this a while back and thought that no one in the area would be picking this game up. Also planning to start with a Fate/Zero deck but don't know squat about the game.

Akita

Chaos and VC run on a different system.  It's like playing magic against Yu-gi-oh
Where is "your area" since we have a big community in Sac Town, and then spots of activity in SF Bay Area

TheAsianDude

I live around the SF bay area, specifically around the San Jose area. If there's any spots that happen to be near SJ I'd be down to check those places out. Before that, though, I do want to get a general idea of how Weib Schwarz works.

BlueCharisma

we will be setting up some meets over the weekend at fanime. as of right now we are thinking maybe after 10pm each night since that will be after musicfest and cosplay masq. we are still planning it out but might have a casual tournament to promote play in the bay area on saturday night.

if you are interested in the game just stop by in the gaming room andn im sure someone will be glad to each you. more info will be posted on Facebook's Weiss Schwarz Bay Area Group

Akita

Quote from: TheAsianDude on May 18, 2012, 10:57:05 PM
I live around the SF bay area, specifically around the San Jose area. If there's any spots that happen to be near SJ I'd be down to check those places out. Before that, though, I do want to get a general idea of how Weib Schwarz works.

SJ huh...  I am doing a meet up at De Anza Tuesday.  Would you like to come?

TheAsianDude

Quote from: Akita on May 19, 2012, 06:38:23 PM
Quote from: TheAsianDude on May 18, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

SJ huh...  I am doing a meet up at De Anza Tuesday.  Would you like to come?

Cool  :o, pretty convenient. I actually got school on that day. What time would be convenient for you? I'm practically stuck at De Anza all the way til 3:30. I only got one class which is from 11:30-12:20. After that, I just gotta wait for my brother and his friend for carpool.

Akita

I am practically there from 11:30 (class)
this guy I am meeting comes around at 6 or so, so I need to stay until then.

TheAsianDude

Would meeting up in the Fireside Lounge be ideal after your class?

Akita

yea sure, let me meet you there at 1:30.  I need to do a bit of interne work at Kirch that day

TheAsianDude

Awesome, sounds like a plan. To make it easier for you, I'll probably be around or playing with the dudes that often play fighting games in the lounge. Just look for a dude wearing black Dickies shorts.  :P

BlueCharisma

Akita

I am in the fireside now, with a tennis racket.  Hope you see this message....