Pokemon Cafe~!

Started by ichigocorcor, January 13, 2011, 01:12:58 PM

ichigocorcor

Hello everyone~!

I know event info for 2011 hasn't been posted yet, but I'm willing to host Pokemon Cafe again this year, to recap all the events in HeartGold, and to celebrate the release of Black/White!!

Just wanted to throw a board out there to see who else is interested, and what requests for events I can get from the forum. Last year I did a casual open-forum event, where the fans just got together in groups and did whatever, but I want to know if anyone wants more of an organized event, tournaments, etc.

Post here and let me know!
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

Eliteslayer

I'd definitely be willing to attend this, since I had to miss it last year. I think the open-forum format would work; gives people a chance to trade Pokemon, link Pokewalkers, battle, etcetera. Maybe make an announcement every fifteen minutes or so "If you want to make poffins, join the group now," "If you want to enter a ____ Contest, join the group now," or "We'll be competing in the Pokeathlon _____ course now," or something like that. Just my two cents.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

ichigocorcor

yeah, that's kinda what I wanted to do last year, but I only had a two-hour time slot and so was afraid that if I got people involved in something more time consuming (capture-the-flag, Beauty Contest, Battle Tower etc.) I would get shut down before they got to finish :[

This year I'm going to ask for more time, and that way people can come and go or stay and do everything :]

I'm glad you're interested, and thank you for the suggestions!!
Cosplay Plans

Kava

As a possible suggestion - you might use the panel as a meet-up perhaps Friday or Saturday morning, and then contact our e-gaming department, or our table-top games department to see about setting up tournaments or things of that sort later in the day on Saturday or on Sunday.

-Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

ichigocorcor

ooh, i could do that too as well, i used ALA's tabletop gaming programming for pokemon cafe this year.

how do i get ahold of e-gaming? do they have contact info on the site?
Cosplay Plans

darkknightcecil

[email protected]
And the head browses the forums also so PM HIM  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3700 there is his account

and what is the pokemon cafe basically?

Kava

My Co-head came up with a great idea for your panel title today, and I liked it.

How about: Pokemon DS Cafe

Adding in the console makes it more clear that you ought to bring your DS with you, and perhaps people won't be expecting food if the title focuses attention on the game system? :)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

livi-chan

I would totally go! If you want I could help out if you need an extra hand or too...i might even have my ginjinka zorua cosplay done by then ;0
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Anya Alstreim - Code Geass
Cinque - Final Fantasy Agito(Type-0)
Sayaka Miki- Mahou Shoujo Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Allen Walker -maybe- D.gray-man
Milla Maxwell- Tales of Xillia

ichigocorcor

Quote from: Kava on February 05, 2011, 02:31:11 PM
My Co-head came up with a great idea for your panel title today, and I liked it.

How about: Pokemon DS Cafe

Adding in the console makes it more clear that you ought to bring your DS with you, and perhaps people won't be expecting food if the title focuses attention on the game system? :)

Ah! Brilliant! I love it :] thank you, that should help out with the confusion.

Quote from: livi-chan on February 09, 2011, 10:06:08 PM
I would totally go! If you want I could help out if you need an extra hand or too...i might even have my ginjinka zorua cosplay done by then ;0

aww thanks :] i'll let you know, last year the panel pretty much ran itself, i didn't want to be too controlling of it because i wanted people to just have fun ^^
Cosplay Plans

RoninShinigami

First time coming to fanime and i see this has been posted as an official event. What exactly should i prepare myself for? Should i be training/breeding some pokemon to trade?