Hotel registration for FanimeCon 2011 will go LIVE this Friday ~7PM PST

Started by ewu, January 13, 2011, 02:47:32 PM

lummy

I can't stop staring at my confirmation e-mail.

THANK YOU THANK YOU again for such hard work! I'm so freaking excited!!
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

ice queen

ugh...anyone else having problems trying to regester for a hotel >.> or shall i refresh like a mofo.
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

Halrenna

EvilBunnyKid

Im having difficulties to...I get the SteamPunk Girl Headder, and the links for NEWS thru ABOUT...and thats it besides the empty red background...

lummy

Quote from: ice queen on January 14, 2011, 08:18:42 PM
ugh...anyone else having problems trying to regester for a hotel >.> or shall i refresh like a mofo.

I had problems at first using Google chrome, it wouldn't load, but I opened it it firefox and it worked, I don't know if its a similar problem.

ichigocorcor

Quote from: lummy on January 14, 2011, 08:17:36 PM
I can't stop staring at my confirmation e-mail.

THANK YOU THANK YOU again for such hard work! I'm so freaking excited!!

+1 :D
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

EvilBunnyKid

Am I doing something wrong?

I go to

--->fanime.com
--->Location link
--->Reserve Today link
Then I get sent to --->'Housing Home'...
and thats it...nothing pops up where there should be the registration...

Rin_chan

I've never booked a room myself before so I have a quick question for you all. I'm either booking at the Fairmont or Saint Claire and I'm wondering if either charge right when you book a room? I won't have money until next month but I really wanna get my room as soon as I can.

elley

Alright, so I booked from the 27th through 31st just to be sure, until I get some kind of official verification from the mods...I figure it's better to have the days booked and change it later.

lummy

Quote from: Rin_chan on January 14, 2011, 08:43:07 PM
I've never booked a room myself before so I have a quick question for you all. I'm either booking at the Fairmont or Saint Claire and I'm wondering if either charge right when you book a room? I won't have money until next month but I really wanna get my room as soon as I can.

as far as i know they don't charge until after the convention. Since, they'll need to keep your info for things like room service and other hotel things.

They only need your credit card info to hold your room.

lummy

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on January 14, 2011, 08:42:26 PM

I go to

--->fanime.com
--->Location link
--->Reserve Today link

I quoted someone else who had this problem, since I had a problem too.
I was using google chrome for my browse and nothing came up for me either, so I opened the site with firefox and it was perfectly fine. I hope its something similar, because its a simple compatibly issue.

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: lummy on January 14, 2011, 08:48:29 PM

I go to

--->fanime.com
--->Location link
--->Reserve Today link

I was using google chrome for my browse and nothing came up for me either, so I opened the site with firefox and it was perfectly fine. I hope its something similar, because its a simple compatibly issue.
I saw ur link as well...but I tried dl Firefox but it wont dl...

lummy

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on January 14, 2011, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: lummy on January 14, 2011, 08:48:29 PM

I go to

--->fanime.com
--->Location link
--->Reserve Today link

I saw ur link as well...but I tried dl Firefox but it wont dl...

did you try http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?
I wish i could help more, maybe (heaven forbid) internet explorer?

Kyra_Maverick

Just mentioning that the hotel key on the map is wrong. The numbers assigned to hotels don't match where they are actually located. But if you click the number on the map the hotel information is correct.

Rin_chan

Quote from: lummy on January 14, 2011, 08:45:53 PM
Quote from: Rin_chan on January 14, 2011, 08:43:07 PM

as far as i know they don't charge until after the convention. Since, they'll need to keep your info for things like room service and other hotel things.

They only need your credit card info to hold your room.

That's what it was like at the Marriott last year, I just wanted to be sure it was the same for all the hotels before I booked. Overdrafting $300+ from my bank would not be fun :x

Saturnchan

Quote from: lummy on January 14, 2011, 08:55:07 PM
did you try http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?
I wish i could help more, maybe (heaven forbid) internet explorer?

Unfortunately, I had to resort to the evil that is IE to get my room booked. I was in shock that my lovely FireFox, which has hardly ever caused me a problem, actually got beaten out by something that *shudder* IE could do. I promptly fled back to FF when I was done lol
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]

kookiekween99

Wait, is this trying to tell me that all the Hilton 2-bedded rooms are taken (except for Friday and Saturday) in less than 3 hours? That makes no sense. You'd think Friday and Saturday would be the first to fill up, and it would take at least a couple days. Please someone tell me there's a glitch in the system. I have a friend that I promised him he could get a room even if he didn't get home til midnight. I assumed it was impossible to fill up that quickly.

I'm actually panicking right now.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Nina Star 9

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 14, 2011, 10:50:50 PM
Wait, is this trying to tell me that all the Hilton 2-bedded rooms are taken (except for Friday and Saturday) in less than 3 hours? That makes no sense. You'd think Friday and Saturday would be the first to fill up, and it would take at least a couple days. Please someone tell me there's a glitch in the system. I have a friend that I promised him he could get a room even if he didn't get home til midnight. I assumed it was impossible to fill up that quickly.

I'm showing that Friday night is booked, but Saturday and Sunday are available for a Hilton double-bedded room. Have you tried registering, or are you just looking at the availability shown on the website?

Does it have to be the Hilton? The Marriott is also connected to the con center, and I'm showing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday open.

Hotels go fast, though. Maybe not usualy this fast, but pretty fast.

Thank you, various staff who worked on this, for all your hard work. :D Can't wait for Fanimecon now!

kookiekween99

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 14, 2011, 11:32:18 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 14, 2011, 10:50:50 PM

I'm showing that Friday night is booked, but Saturday and Sunday are available for a Hilton double-bedded room. Have you tried registering, or are you just looking at the availability shown on the website?

Does it have to be the Hilton? The Marriott is also connected to the con center, and I'm showing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday open.

Hotels go fast, though. Maybe not usualy this fast, but pretty fast.

Thank you, various staff who worked on this, for all your hard work. :D Can't wait for Fanimecon now!

I'm already registered. I'm panicking for a friend. And yeah, it has to be Hilton for various reasons. Plus he wanted Thursday too, but I'm telling him it's not absolutely necessary.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14