Everyones least favorite cult is stopping by the Bay Area again.

Started by jacktchance, January 14, 2011, 01:59:01 AM

jacktchance

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Westboro Baptist is going to be at Gunderson High school to protest a play on March 4, 2011.

I wonder how they pay for all these travel expenses.

Halrenna

Ugh, I don't even want to click on a URL with a name like that. :/

deonchan

They are ramping up their... "efforts" But did anyone see how Tuscon, AZ counter protested against them? Check the article

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona.funeral.westboro/index.html
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Eliteslayer

I tried reading their excuse for protesting, but I couldn't get through it right after dinner. It's simply sickening. I noticed they also have a huge long letter about how Jews are doomed and God hates Israel, and as a Jew I am simply offended beyond words. Every time I hear about these bigoted, arrogant a-holes I lose more faith in the world, but I regain a little of it when I hear about the peaceful counter-protests or efforts made to keep the WBC away.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

CosplayDevotee

Honestly there are no words to describe how sickening and just...ugh I AGAIN there are NO WORDS! SHE WAS 9! Freaking A! I used to think these a-holes were just stupid, but now they make stupid seem intelligent if that is even possible. Leave the child out of this! They chose to picket during the young girls funeral cuz they want their 15 seconds of fame screaming random bull that has NOTHING to do with this child's death. So God wants to kill children? Children too young to even do anything worth labeling as a sin? *throws her hands up in the air* I won't even laugh at these people if they show up at Fanime again. They don't even deserve a glance. I am so sickened.  >:(

Sunara Ishi

D: D: D: Not cool. I live in that area... O:

I really hope they don't show up.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

TC X0 Lt 0X

Personally they are my favorite cult ever.
Because simply trying to figure out there ignorant and hippocratic beliefs makes for a great endeavor. And they are just fun to observe.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Affliction on January 19, 2011, 09:05:18 PM
Honestly there are no words to describe how sickening and just...ugh I AGAIN there are NO WORDS! SHE WAS 9! Freaking A! I used to think these a-holes were just stupid, but now they make stupid seem intelligent if that is even possible. Leave the child out of this! They chose to picket during the young girls funeral cuz they want their 15 seconds of fame screaming random bull that has NOTHING to do with this child's death. So God wants to kill children? Children too young to even do anything worth labeling as a sin? *throws her hands up in the air* I won't even laugh at these people if they show up at Fanime again. They don't even deserve a glance. I am so sickened.  >:(

I found the best part about their website is that they quote the 7th Commandment 'Thou Shall not Kill', right above there article on the shooting.
If your going to be haters at least don't contradict yourself on what you hate. =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on January 20, 2011, 02:17:32 PM
Quote from: Affliction on January 19, 2011, 09:05:18 PM

I found the best part about their website is that they quote the 7th Commandment 'Thou Shall not Kill', right above there article on the shooting.
If your going to be haters at least don't contradict yourself on what you hate. =P

I would agree, but I have heard people talking to them and they approach them peacefully, but then the cult people just turn around and pretty much force the conversation into an arguement. A heated one at that.  ::) They prep eachother, they have heard every arguement. My father unfortunately did phone work at one of these people's homes once and they will actually fight you down to the "uh UH!" and "YAH uh!" level lol. I will admit though, I did rofl my ass off when I saw their car that says "Turn or burn."

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Affliction on January 20, 2011, 09:36:22 PM
I will admit though, I did rofl my ass off when I saw their car that says "Turn or burn."

I remember one day at Fanime I read one of their signs that said "Trust Jesus" and then walking back to my hotel a little while later (or maybe the next day, nor sure when exactly) they had a sign that said "Fear God". Uhhh... what? xD

I swear, they have to be the biggest hypocrites the world has ever seen. :c Protesting an innocent child's funeral? What could a CHILD have possibly done wrong? Why did she deserve to die? "God sent the shooter" yet Commandment 7 is "Thou shalt not kill"? They make me sick.

I honestly wish we could somehow ban them from the convention center area. Yeah, yeah, "freedom of speech" and all that crap. But isn't the law supposed to protect "peaceful assembly" as opposed to a bunch of a-holes harassing innocent people? =/ I mean, last year they had that stupid megaphone and were shouting bullcrap at people and telling us we're all going to hell. How is that peaceful assembly?
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Eliteslayer

Well, the Westboro Baptist Church and the protestors at Fanime are not the same group. The WBC makes the protestors we've got look like well-balanced individuals expressing a slight discontent at the weather.

The guys we put up with are the typical "God is vengeful if you don't love/fear him" crowd, the WBC are the "God hates you, your mother, your father, your grandparents, your dog, everyone you ever knew or loved, and if something bad happens to you it's God's will because he hates everyone except us, and by the way, I hate you too, even though we've never met and I know nothing about you except for the fact that you're not us" crowd.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: Eliteslayer on January 21, 2011, 05:16:50 PM
Well, the Westboro Baptist Church and the protestors at Fanime are not the same group. The WBC makes the protestors we've got look like well-balanced individuals expressing a slight discontent at the weather.

The guys we put up with are the typical "God is vengeful if you don't love/fear him" crowd, the WBC are the "God hates you, your mother, your father, your grandparents, your dog, everyone you ever knew or loved, and if something bad happens to you it's God's will because he hates everyone except us, and by the way, I hate you too, even though we've never met and I know nothing about you except for the fact that you're not us" crowd.
Nice summarization. ROFLMAO  :D

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Eliteslayer on January 21, 2011, 05:16:50 PM

Ahh, my bad. xD Guess I should've read things a bit more closely. c:

Well either way, both groups of protesters aren't really following peaceful assembly and I don't get why they're allowed to simply get away with what they do half the time (at least something was done in this case).

I also don't get why they choose their methods. o-o; I mean granted, with our protesters, Fanime's a large event and they get plenty of attention. But it's never really good attention. They simply make idiots out of themselves and nobody takes them seriously. :B And with the other WBC, why would they protest the funeral of a nine year old innocent child? They're making themselves look like the spawns of Satan, not "preachers of the word of God" or whatever. They don't exactly seem right in the head. >>;

G.I.R

When they showed up (all five of them) at San Diego Comic con last year, they were actually pretty quiet.  They still had their hate speech signs  (each protester was holding four of them).
They were quite outnumbered by attendees.  They stayed about half an hour and finally left.

also :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4  (michael Moore Vs. the Westboro Babtist Church)

LastExile

All I can say about the Westboro Baptist Church, is:
Haters gon' hate.

In all seriousness, though, they do piss me off. More than the protestors at Fanime, though I think that's probably just because I'm so used to joking about them. It's a pity these types of people live in the world.

EJAY420

I got a pitchfork and devil horns.....im taking them to fanime.
Most Impressive.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 21, 2011, 07:23:43 PM
And with the other WBC, why would they protest the funeral of a nine year old innocent child? They're making themselves look like the spawns of Satan, not "preachers of the word of God" or whatever. They don't exactly seem right in the head. >>;
I keep thinking they were dropped on the head as a child. (and I agree that they seem more like Worshipers of Satan/Anti-Christ, etc. I almost wouldn't be surprised if they sacrificed small, cute, fluffy animals to "GOD" and kicked puppies & kittens for fun.  -.-;)

I really think that "God", and other deities for that matter, would be ashamed of their actions (and all those violent fanatics of other religions too.) Using one's religion as a shield for bad behavior is shameful and unethical.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on January 25, 2011, 02:04:01 PM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 21, 2011, 07:23:43 PM
And with the other WBC, why would they protest the funeral of a nine year old innocent child? They're making themselves look like the spawns of Satan, not "preachers of the word of God" or whatever. They don't exactly seem right in the head. >>;
I keep thinking they were dropped on the head as a child. (and I agree that they seem more like Worshipers of Satan/Anti-Christ, etc. I almost wouldn't be surprised if they sacrificed small, cute, fluffy animals to "GOD" and kicked puppies & kittens for fun.  -.-;)

I really think that "God", and other deities for that matter, would be ashamed of their actions (and all those violent fanatics of other religions too.) Using one's religion as a shield for bad behavior is shameful and unethical.

Agreed.

I'm not particularly religious; after my mother and her side of the family attempted shoving religion down my throat and attempted to keep me from my hobbies for years, I've wanted practically nothing to do with it. I just like to think that God loves everyone and if you're a good person, you'll be rewarded eventually, be it in the afterlife or what have you. It's nice to believe in something and all that; but don't use it as an excuse to put down others. =/

otakuya

To be brutally honest, if you just stay inside the convention center, you probably won't notice them and won't bother you.

L0Lpants

This is just a theory but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty close to the truth. I bet the WBC is just doing this for the attention & the money. The money part being that when they protest at a event, they'd become so annoying with their protesting of "God hates fags" crap that whoever is in charge of said event would pay them off to go away. How else do they pay for their travel expenses, they all pitch in? Don't think so. So basically, they're just being annoying & offensive to people just for the dough.

I heard from somewhere that there was that one case where that actually happened, a bribe for them to piss off. Not 100% on that story because i'm not sure I heard right. Now unfortunately the 1st amendment protects their right to free speech & freedom of religion, but that oughta change to "...until it really gets irritating then you have the right to pop a can of whoop-ass on the smeg-heads", so can't do anything about that. then the alternative would be just not to pay attention to them.

Besides, the good scenery of Fanime ought to overshadow their negativity anyway...
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14