Hotel Deposit

Started by Tabbychan, January 14, 2011, 08:46:05 PM

Tabbychan

Okay so I reserved a room in the marriot for thurs-mon fanime. I'm curious abotu them taking a deposit. I have enough for a one room deposit but will they take money out todya? in april? I'm curious on how that works o.o I've never booked a room in a hotel beforex.x

mlarad

No it won't take it today. According to the new rules they will take a deposit in mid April.

Rin_chan

That's good to know, I was wondering the same thing.

Tabbychan

Sleepy15

When will the hotel take the money from the card you ordered with?

Kyra_Maverick

Debit or credit card used at the time of reservation may be charged a deposit of one night's room and tax as early as May 18, 2011, but the whole amount wont be charged until you check into/out of the hotel.

If you reserved with a debit card, the money will be taken out at check in. If with credit card, the amount will be charged at check out.

Sleepy15

Zexion

Ok so just making sure I got this right. I reserved a hotel stay through my credit card. This WILL NOT be charged until either I checkout or check in right?

lummy

You will not be charged until after the event.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

Freight

Honestly, you should probably call the hotel around May 10 and make sure.  Each chain, sometimes the individual hotels, have different policies.

Rin_chan

I love that all of us paranoid people need to ask the same question ten times to be reassured  :D I've been checking up in different threads about this same topic yet I'm still stressing about it.

xenzii

Does anyone know the Ramada deposit fee?
It says on the site that it's a Night's stay + tax but I just want to make sure.
probably might just call them lol.