WOW...so the hotels filled up WAY too fast. 0_0 -edit: Crown Plaza?

Started by CosplayDevotee, January 14, 2011, 09:30:00 PM

CosplayDevotee

Again WOW, I managed to get a room for four at the Crown Plaza, but I was wondering if there were more rooms that aren't listed on the fanime website? Come Monday, if I call are there more rooms saved for phone call reservations still under the Fanime deal? I would prefer the Marriot since I like being connected to the convention center.

Edit: I was hoping someone could give me a review on the Crown Plaza?

Tsu

I too am wondering if the hotels simply filled up REALLY fast or if some of the hotels didn't have specific days available to begin with? I logged on about an hour after reg opened and Thu-Monday was already gone for the Mariott and Hilton... was it ever available to start with?
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

kookiekween99

I'm hoping there's some sort of glitch or they're only releasing so many at a time. I feel bad because I told someone not to panic when he was worried that not being home until midnight would cost him Hilton rooms. If he was right, I'm going to feel horrible.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

vernajast

Maybe a glitch? I reserved my room at the Hilton about 1.5 hours after the hotel registration started without any problems at all.
Naruto, Sasuke, Yondaime, Kushina, Reborn, Lambo, Mukuro, Hibari

Nyanko

~Blood for betrayal~
http://nekae.deviantart.com/
Fanime2013
Penelo ff12
Sailor Moon

Touya no Miko

I managed to grab the Marriott right when Fanime made the announcement on facebook. Thursday to Monday, boo-ya.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

tenton

My guess is that there are a few things at work here.

A: People grabbing rooms they think they'll need, but maybe won't need them later. Plans change, people can't make it, etc. So, there's probably at least several rooms that will be unreserved.

B: Hotels might be holding back a few blocks of rooms, just in case they need them for something else (a group using another meeting room that weekend, etc.). The hotels could make those blocks available at a later time as they no longer need to hold them.

I would try to get on a waiting list if you really wanted a particular hotel for a particular set of dates. I think you might need to call CMR for this type of thing, though; can't hurt to ask.

Freight

I managed to get the rooms I needed at the Hilton, but I still need to call the hotel and refine my reservations a bit.  I did them about 8pm PST last night.  I woke up this morning, and the Hilton had no availability for Friday and Monday.

Knightfire

I got lucky getting a Thurs through Mon booked at the marriot last night at 9
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Barnes

At the rate that the rooms sell out (in general), one thing intrigues me: why isn't the Hotel De Anza one of the hotels being booked for this year?  ???
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rin_chan

Seriously, I looked at the booking page out of curiosity today and was surprised that the Hilton is nearly booked for most of the days already. I'm hoping to stay at the Fairmont but can't book for about a week still  :-X (gotta wait for my debit card to come in the mail). I'm worried that everything will be gone by the time I get to do anything.

Mayhem

All of the Hotels Blocks where reserved for fri, - sun, to the best of my knowledge (according to Ramada Management) That is all Fanime Housing can offer you. This may be because those be the only days Fanime grabbed in their blocks as allot of people don't want to do day 0 or stay a night after closing. Fanime could end up holding the bag on those extra days not used. Best bet is once you get a Fanime Hotel call that hotel up and get the same room for Day zero and/or closing as you need inform them you already have the 3 days from the block reservations. Remember your may pay a little more for day Zero and the night after closing then you will for rooms in the housing block.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

Moonblossom

I've booked from Thursday to Tuesday at the Hilton with no trouble, so it's not just Fri-Sun. I'm trying to get a room for the Wednesday too, but for some reason the only ones available had a guaranteed rollaway which I do not want to pay for since I don't need it, so I'm going to call CMR tomorrow and see about sorting that out.

EJAY420

Booked a king suite at the st. Claire hotel. No problems at all.
Most Impressive.

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: EJAY420 on January 17, 2011, 02:03:28 PM

Have you stayed at the St. Claire hotel before? If so, how was your experience? This is my first time at the St. Claire.

EJAY420

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on January 17, 2011, 06:34:29 PM
Quote from: EJAY420 on January 17, 2011, 02:03:28 PM

Have you stayed at the St. Claire hotel before? If so, how was your experience? This is my first time at the St. Claire.

I have been there before. I remember saying WOW!! as soon as I stepped into my room. Flat screen TV, windows open up somewhat, lil fridge and the room is just nice.
Most Impressive.

Tsu

There were mini fridges? Was it a suite? The hotel list says they don't have fridges, but if they've got them in regular rooms, that's great!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

lummy

Quote from: foester on January 17, 2011, 09:40:28 PM
There were mini fridges? Was it a suite? The hotel list says they don't have fridges, but if they've got them in regular rooms, that's great!

The Hilton lists mini-fridges in rooms.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

PunkDrunker

I don't see anything about fridges on the fanime hotel list, but if you check each hotel's website, they usually list it.

The Sainte Claire says they have mini-fridges in select rooms, but everyone I have talked to who stayed in it previous years said they had a mini-fridge in their room. :)

lummy

Quote from: PunkDrunker on January 17, 2011, 10:10:46 PM
I don't see anything about fridges on the fanime hotel list, but if you check each hotel's website, they usually list it.

The Sainte Claire says they have mini-fridges in select rooms, but everyone I have talked to who stayed in it previous years said they had a mini-fridge in their room. :)

The hotel list doesn't say, but when you click the hotel name it give you a more in-depth description of the hotel.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D