Usual Day 0?

Started by Tsu, January 14, 2011, 10:55:02 PM

Tsu

Hopefully this hasn't been posted about the 2011 con yet- if so, sorry. Will the con be having the usual Day 0 pre-reg setup like prior years on the Thursday before the con officially starts? I just need to know so I can set up my arrival time and when to book a hotel for and such... thanks a bunch :)
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

SOawesomeness

For pre-registration? For sure yes. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Tsu

Great! Much obliged. :)

Sleepy15

Excuse me can i ask what day zero is?

Kyra_Maverick

Day Zero kind of a bonus day for those that Pre Registered. You can pick up your badge Thursday afternoon and enjoy an extra day of Swap Meet, random anime showings and whatever else they have up and running.

Mainly it lets you enjoy the con right away on Friday since you won't have to stand in line again.

Tsu

Another advantage is that since most of the hotels don't open check in until 3 or 4, you can get your stuff stashed and set up a day early. I think some of the hotels will hold your things before checking in, if you have proof of registration, but sometimes they fill up. I like the ease of day 0 before the chaos of fanime starts.

heeroyuy135

The arcade is open for business during Day Zero and stays open until the end of the convention.

Rhornez

what about the day before Day 0?

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

ewu

Quote from: Rhornez on January 19, 2011, 11:38:01 PM

most of the con is empty and all you will see is ME and lots of Union workers trying to load in the con....and vending machines. they are there too.

see here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13411.msg359469.html#msg359469
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

otakuya

TofuHopper

I booked a hotel for day 0, since last year I went on day 1 and was super tired from the car ride, ended up taking a nap and then woke and got ready which killed a lot of time so hopefully booking a day ahead would be helpful :D

Rhornez

Quote from: ewu on January 20, 2011, 12:40:01 AM
Quote from: Rhornez on January 19, 2011, 11:38:01 PM

most of the con is empty and all you will see is ME and lots of Union workers trying to load in the con....and vending machines. they are there too.

see here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13411.msg359469.html#msg359469
need help moving boxes? :D or do i need to sign up for volunteers

ewu

join staff - logistics:) all work b4 con but still staff so no need to buy membership
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rhornez

Quote from: ewu on January 20, 2011, 07:22:00 PM
join staff - logistics:) all work b4 con but still staff so no need to buy membership
alrighty ill look on the site for that :D

forever adel

This is the first year that I'll be experiencing Day Zero, pretty excited :D
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com