Cosplayer Hangout 2012 ~ 1st & last post ~ 8/8/2011

Started by BSaphire, January 18, 2011, 08:06:51 AM

Cosplayer Hangout 2011

4 Stars ~ LOVED IT and will use it again!
4 (80%)
3 Stars ~ Great idea and I might use it again.
1 (20%)
2 Stars ~ It's was ok, but I didn't use it.
0 (0%)
1 Stars ~ Nice try, but won't really help cosplayers.
0 (0%)
0 Stars ~ I'm the devil... What were you thinking!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

zeroelement

I really want to do a Menchics in cosplay with lights and other things it just that do tot he offishal panel and gathering list isnt done yet its harder to plan out free time.

1st Q & A Session:
Day: SaturdayTime: 10-11am
Topic (s) Incorporating mechanical aspects into your cosplay/props:
Forum Name:Zeroelement
If you are bringing a specific Prop, Cosplay, accessory, etc to show with your Q & A please list what it is and/or who and what they are from:
Im bringing my only prop with lights in it which is a simple candle prop for Nekozawa from Hostclub.

Will you allow photography during your Q & A? Yes

(will there be a projector or anything for me to plug a laptop into or something i wanted to show people who easy it is in ad in lights. )
(accpeting other people who wish to talk about it also. )

If this is accepted please tell me. I plan to start a power point but idk if ill have a projector or how this really supposed to work. I willl bring in my props easy but power point might be easier. And which day you would prefer for it to be on
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

BSaphire

First I would like to thank everyone who has agreed to do a Q & A. There are still some time slots available so please feel free to copy the posting format and post what you would like to do. I have added more times to accommodate more possibilities! :D

@ JJ: I listed most of the ones you requested. I might shorten it to two a day and you can change up your topic on any given day if you want just let me know.

@ Dany: I have listed both of the sessions, but I'm sad I won't make you Wig one cause I am running the Jump gathering then :(

@ Zeroelement: JJ has requested the 10 - 11 am slot. Can you choose another time that you can do it?

I will close this out Wednesday evening and have it listed at the gatherings table and at the cosplayer hangout.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Dany

Quote from: BSaphire on May 23, 2011, 11:41:02 PM
@ Dany: I have listed both of the sessions, but I'm sad I won't make you Wig one cause I am running the Jump gathering then :(

Aw rats! :( If it helps, I'll be wearing Robin on Sunday, so I might just have to find you after and give you the dirt-quick rundown.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

zeroelement

Quote from: Dany on May 24, 2011, 08:32:27 AM

Aw rats! :( If it helps, I'll be wearing Robin on Sunday, so I might just have to find you after and give you the dirt-quick rundown.
Hey do you need wigs to style or just showing the basics? (has a nekozawa wig that well wont get styled for a very long time XD)

First I would like to thank everyone who has agreed to do a Q & A. There are still some time slots available so please feel free to copy the posting format and post what you would like to do. I have added more times to accommodate more possibilities! :D

@ Zeroelement: JJ has requested the 10 - 11 am slot. Can you choose another time that you can do it?

I will close this out Wednesday evening and have it listed at the gatherings table and at the cosplayer hangout.

Deleted the conflicting time

Dany

Quote from: zeroelement on May 24, 2011, 02:35:31 PM
Hey do you need wigs to style or just showing the basics? (has a nekozawa wig that well wont get styled for a very long time XD)

More or less I'm just bringing the Robin wig itself (on my head since I'm already wearing the costume, though I could take it off if needed) and the progress photos so people can see how the pigtail thing went from start to finish. Pretty simple :)

zeroelement

Quote from: Dany on May 24, 2011, 03:26:57 PM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 24, 2011, 02:35:31 PM

More or less I'm just bringing the Robin wig itself (on my head since I'm already wearing the costume, though I could take it off if needed) and the progress photos so people can see how the pigtail thing went from start to finish. Pretty simple :)
so there is a projector?

AnimefanJJ

@ JJ: I listed most of the ones you requested. I might shorten it to two a day and you can change up your topic on any given day if you want just let me know.

That is ok with me.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

zeroelement

Dany

Quote from: zeroelement on May 24, 2011, 05:31:57 PM
so there is a projector?

I really doubt it, and I am not really planning for it. I'm actually treating these less as panels and more as informal how-to sessions with some printed visual stuff, since I am not assuming that the attendance will be big. If there are a lot of people I can work around that, but at this point I am not expecting it.

zeroelement

Quote from: Dany on May 25, 2011, 08:10:07 AM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 24, 2011, 05:31:57 PM
so there is a projector?

I really doubt it, and I am not really planning for it. I'm actually treating these less as panels and more as informal how-to sessions with some printed visual stuff, since I am not assuming that the attendance will be big. If there are a lot of people I can work around that, but at this point I am not expecting it.
same i was just thinking of showing how battiers work and were to find stuff to make it cheaper and how to do it safely and show my prop but i made a pp just in case just wanted to know if i should bring my laptop XD

BSaphire

Sorry I'm so late on my replies, but between work, life and replies the best answer I can give you on projector is I'm unsure. I do know that my tech guy will be in there and will have his lap top. I can ask him to make sure he has Power Point installed and he can use the second monitor to show the audience.
For this year I wanted to get as much as I could in the room on our budget. I did schedule changes to the first post and I can add stuff at con. Finishing up the board for the hangout tonight so the info will have a board for itself :)

Love and peace 1st post updated! See everyone @ Con!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

AnimefanJJ

Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

zeroelement

Do to the fact sceduals are not being handed out this year. I can bring in one for everyone to use if they respect it and don't steal it
(also there is a app on the driod market for free but it just list when stuff starts no how long or were i think

koella

I just wanted to thank everyone who was apart of this because this place was really great. Being able to sit and interact with other cosplayers and getting help fixing my costume was wonderful.  Thanks again! :)

Dany

The place was great, I agree! And nearly every time I went there, it was full of people utilizing the room. I think Friday was the only day it appeared really quiet, but that was because people were still showing up.

I'm hoping that we do a little more promotion of the Q&A/MiniPanel stuff for next year..maybe we were the "uninteresting ones" *LOL* but no one came for the Robin wig panel and only folks I told in the Matsumoto gathering thread came for the Matsumoto weapons Q&A.  Not sure if anyone else had that issue, but I thought I'd bring it up. It was really the ONLY issue I had. The room was a good size, there was space for everything...in fact, if you can nab that room for the same purpose again next year? I'll be REALLY happy :D

Hopefully the box-stuff came in handy, especially near the end there! I didn't get to bring them Thursday because my time in reg was really late, so I brought them down on Sunday morning instead.

redroses3164

I'm really glad this existed. Some costume malfunctions happened so it was really great to have supplies out. Thanks to those who donated!

BSaphire

I just want to thank EVERYONE, and I don't even know who all of you are, THANK YOU! For being under published and mostly spread by word of mouth, the Cosplayer Hangout was just the thing we needed! I really appreciate all the donations that came.

We are looking at things we can do to make it even better. Many of you have already talked with some of the CGD staff and offered suggestions and I want to hear more of them. This is our little piece of paradise and boy did we need it :) so please post your suggestions and even constructive criticism and let us see about making more things happen in there next year!

Here is a bit of what I want to change for 2012 in the CH:
~ Open more hours - aka we don't have to break down and we operate longer each day
~ Fabric Swap on one night
~ "Iron Cosplay" on one day
~ C2C Q&A in the early evenings
~ a few board games that even our young "Chibi" friends can play
~ bottled water donations for those who need to take water on the run
~ a "Cooling" station for our armor/furry/covered friends
~ restock & revamp our list of supplies
~ More tools for repairs
~ Have some video/projection capability for C2C Q&A

That's just the short list, but if everyone posts ideas we have a few months to shape our piece of paradise into an even better place to retreat & relax at.

Again Thank you THank You THANK YOU for all the donations that came into the room over the course of the weekend. I am sure that everything was used by someone at some point.

Love to the COSPLAYERS!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

maikiritori

Cosplayer Hangout was superfantasticallyawesome!
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Inai

Cosplayer Hangout was the best thing since sliced bread.. at least to me it was.  ;D I just wish more of the staff knew about it and I expressed this Saturday when I spent a few minutes in there hydrating. On Friday I had an armor malfunction and really needed a hot glue gun. I asked the info desk where the hangout was located (left our Fanime booklets in the hotel room) and they had no clue there was anything like that. Luckily I brought a hot glue gun with me but I still had to walk back to the Fairmont. I know it's hard to communicate to all areas of Fanime, but I was expecting at least the information desk would know. It also didn't come to mind to have asked the cosplay gatherings group or rovers so maybe that's my fault there.

BSaphire

Quote from: Inai on June 01, 2011, 07:53:34 AM
Cosplayer Hangout was the best thing since sliced bread.. at least to me it was.  ;D I just wish more of the staff knew about it and I expressed this Saturday when I spent a few minutes in there hydrating. On Friday I had an armor malfunction and really needed a hot glue gun. I asked the info desk where the hangout was located (left our Fanime booklets in the hotel room) and they had no clue there was anything like that. Luckily I brought a hot glue gun with me but I still had to walk back to the Fairmont. I know it's hard to communicate to all areas of Fanime, but I was expecting at least the information desk would know. It also didn't come to mind to have asked the cosplay gatherings group or rovers so maybe that's my fault there.
Thank you! At one point the Hilton Hotel Reg staff were directing cosplayers over to us when they were approached for a needle &/or thread! Hats off to the Hilton! :)
I agree and we are going to put two things on the Info department's list: The key for gathering locations & HOW TO FIND THE HANGOUT! :P
Do you have any suggestions for what you would like in the room? Please note that I will not allow sewing machines in there, however I do want to pick up a hand sewer or two. No sewing machines because con isn't where you finish your cosplay but where you wear it and I want everyone to come out of their hotel rooms and do stuff during con :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC