Cosplayers Meet Up & Hangout (Everyone Welcome!)

Started by JewishCosplayer, January 18, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

JewishCosplayer

So this was just an idea that we at KakuiCosplay would like to share with everyone. We are a small cosplay group, but love to meet new people and have fun adventures, so we thought, why not have a gathering?

Our plan for this is so that everyone can meet new people and make friendships, bond over funny games and contests, and of course have fun competing for prizes. This gathering is open to everyone, all cosplayers. Regardless of what you are cosplaying as. We are still formulating the games, contests, and prizes; we are taking suggestions.

FanimeCON '11 @ the left side of the fountain. You will see a Belarus, Belgium or Ukraine cosplayer holding a sign reading "All Cosplayers Welcome!"

Day & Time:
Sunday, May 29 @ 12:30PM

Rules:
1. Please be kind to everyone (respectful & appropriate)
2. No drugs or alcohol
3. No stealing or fighting
4. General convention rules
5. Have F.U.N

Contests:
1. Origami Folding
2. Dancing (Single, Group, Pairs...show your best or funniest moves ;D )
3. Trivia (How well do you know anime? Manga? Theme songs? Character quotes?)
4. Hula Hoop (Only if someone wants to bring Hula Hoops)
5. Basic Poker (If we get enough people)

Open to suggestions!

Games:
1. Duck Duck Goose
2. Go Fish Card Game
3. Uno Card Game
4. Tag
5. Red Rover
6. Musical Hula Hoops (just like Musical Chairs, but with Hula Hoops) -Only if someone can bring Hula Hoops-

Open to suggestions!

Prizes:

We at KakuiCosplay are donating our things, so we apologize if we don't have enough prizes for everyone. If you would like to donate something, just say so :)

Key Chains

Naruto Uzumaki
Sakura Haruno
Iruka Sensei
Kakashi Hatake
Itachi Uchiha
Zabuza
Metal Ichigo Kurosaki
Metal Rukia Kukuchi
Metal Kon
Glass Rukia Square
Glass Uruhara Square
Rubber Roy Mustang

Posters
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop Wall Scroll
Inuyasha Wall Scroll
Kingdom Hearts Wall Scroll

Misc
Naruto Kunai
Squad Three Bleach Armband
Pink & Black Panda Face Mask
Kingdom Hearts Puzzle Box

*** Please be aware that if you come to this gathering, you're giving permission for your appearance in videos & photos taken during the event.*** We might bring along some snacks, such as Onigiri, but you are responsible for your own health.***

- KakuiCosplay :)

JewishCosplayer

???

JewishCosplayer

Oh, and here's our DeviantART where you can also contact us. http://jewishlolita.deviantart.com/

Is anyone interested? We thought this would be a good idea.

We would love to have suggestions, we can't think of everything ourselves.

roth14

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 01:11:51 PM
What is the date for the gathering?

A date hasn't been established. Is there a day and time you would suggest?

roth14

Hmm, this is slightly selfish. I would like it to not be when the Naruto gathering is, so maybe on Sunday or late afternoon Saturday?

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 06:43:46 PM
Hmm, this is slightly selfish. I would like it to not be when the Naruto gathering is, so maybe on Sunday or late afternoon Saturday?

You're not being selfish at all, don't worry. My cosplay group and I respect that cosplayers want to attend gatherings for their anime/manga. We are attending the Hetalia gathering ourselves. We want to pick a time and date that would work best for everyone. So don't feel selfish in your request.

We shall look into Sunday :)

roth14

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 10:03:35 PM
Ahh thank you! :D

You're very welcome :3
Do you have any suggestions for games or contests? We are trying to think of some new ones, but we are failing xD This is our first time doing something like this, so we're nervous  ::)

roth14

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 10, 2011, 10:05:57 PM

Do you have any suggestions for games or contests? We are trying to think of some new ones, but we are failing xD This is our first time doing something like this, so we're nervous  ::)

Hmm, I know cosplay chess is always popular, but I think you have to ask BSapphire about the board.

Are you looking for regular games (like red rover) or anime/manga specific ones?

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 10:09:50 PM

Hmm, I know cosplay chess is always popular, but I think you have to ask BSapphire about the board.

Are you looking for regular games (like red rover) or anime/manga specific ones?

We're looking for any type of game that people would be interested in playing. We just want everyone to hang out, meet other cosplayers, and have fun. Since people of all ages will be there, we want games and contests that could involve everyone. :)

roth14

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 10, 2011, 10:11:39 PM
Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 10:09:50 PM

We're looking for any type of game that people would be interested in playing. We just want everyone to hang out, meet other cosplayers, and have fun. Since people of all ages will be there, we want games and contests that could involve everyone. :)

Okay then, I think you should plan for both a large and a small group of people. At the Naruto picnic last year, we had a group of around 10 people and we played card games like Uno and larger games like duck, duck, goose/ red rover. I wish I could be more helpful.

JewishCosplayer

Card games! That's brilliant! I can't believe we didn't think of that. There are so many different types of card games that can be played, maybe even have a small Poker contest? Ha-ha, who doesn't like duck duck goose ;D ? I sound like an idiot, but what is Red Rover? I've never heard of it before.

Oh and no, you are a wonderful help! It's nice to see that someone is interested. We were starting to think this was a stupid idea  :'(

roth14

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 10, 2011, 10:21:02 PM
Card games! That's brilliant! I can't believe we didn't think of that. There are so many different types of card games that can be played, maybe even have a small Poker contest? Ha-ha, who doesn't like duck duck goose ;D ? I sound like an idiot, but what is Red Rover? I've never heard of it before.

Oh and no, you are a wonderful help! It's nice to see that someone is interested. We were starting to think this was a stupid idea  :'(
Oh no, I don't think you're an idiot. Not a lot of people have heard about it.
Oh thank you ^_^. Red Rover: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rover

Don't worry about the the number of people or activity on the forums. One, it is still early. In my experience, its not until March or April that people really start talking on the forums. Others might have seen, this but don't choose to comment. On the Naruto Gathering forum we have around 7-10 people that say something occasionally, yet we end up with about 70 people o the day of the gathering. A Lot of them don't even sign up online.

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 10:48:47 PM

Don't worry about the the number of people or activity on the forums. One, it is still early. In my experience, its not until March or April that people really start talking on the forums. Others might have seen, this but don't choose to comment. On the Naruto Gathering forum we have around 7-10 people that say something occasionally, yet we end up with about 70 people o the day of the gathering. A Lot of them don't even sign up online.

Red Rover sounds cool, I will add it to the list. I can't thank you enough for the suggestions. They are very helpful.

Yes, it is still really early huh?
I'm just trying to get everything prepared and out there for people to notice. I'm hopeful that even if people don't really comment on this thread, that when they see (myself-Belarus, Ukraine or Belgium) with our sign, that they might be interested and come over. Even if we just have a few people it would be fun.

Plus, what better why to make friends at the convention?  ;D

roth14

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 10, 2011, 10:59:03 PM

Red Rover sounds cool, I will add it to the list. I can't thank you enough for the suggestions. They are very helpful.

I'm just trying to get everything prepared and out there for people to notice. I'm hopeful that even if people don't really comment on this thread, that when they see (myself-Belarus, Ukraine or Belgium) with our sign, that they might be interested and come over. Even if we just have a few people it would be fun.

While it is a bit early, the gatherings are starting to plan now. So it all works out ^_^.

I do love this idea though. We have needed an event like this for a while.

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: roth14 on February 10, 2011, 11:09:37 PM
Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 10, 2011, 10:59:03 PM

While it is a bit early, the gatherings are starting to plan now. So it all works out ^_^.

I do love this idea though. We have needed an event like this for a while.

I'm so glad you approve of this idea :)
My friends thought I was a little nuts for suggesting this xD But they are supportive, luckily.
If you want to, please feel free to spread the word.

ice queen

This sounds like fun! I'll be there as Russia! Though...I also have a kingdom hearts group later on this day >.>
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: ice queen on February 10, 2011, 11:21:15 PM
This sounds like fun! I'll be there as Russia! Though...I also have a kingdom hearts group later on this day >.>

Yay, thank you so much for your interest. Is the Kingdom Hearts group a gathering? If so, we can try to work around it :)

ice queen

I believe 5pm on sunday last I checked on the official meet up list.
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete