Cosplayers Meet Up & Hangout (Everyone Welcome!)

Started by JewishCosplayer, January 18, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: ice queen on February 10, 2011, 11:31:19 PM
I believe 5pm on sunday last I checked on the official meet up list.

Alright. We will add it to the list, and soon we should be able to schedule a set day and time :)

ruby19_4

I will join too, but I have kuroshitsuji gathering, which I will dress up as sebastian. So we will c more about it.

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: ruby19_4 on February 11, 2011, 10:32:51 AM
I will join too, but I have kuroshitsuji gathering, which I will dress up as sebastian. So we will c more about it.

When is the Kuroshitsuji Gathering scheduled for? Thanks for your interest, by the way :)

UkraineCosplayer

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: UkraineCosplayer on February 11, 2011, 01:53:55 PM
HEY UKRAINE IS JOINING  :D

You better silly, you're part of KakuiCosplay  ::)
Do you like the idea?

ruby19_4

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 11, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

When is the Kuroshitsuji Gathering scheduled for? Thanks for your interest, by the way :)

Dont know when, but I will let you know soon I got the info.

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: ruby19_4 on February 13, 2011, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: JewishCosplayer on February 11, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

Dont know when, but I will let you know soon I got the info.

Ok, thank you :)

JewishCosplayer

Ok, so I think we have enough Contests & Games. If you would still like to suggest something please feel welcome. Also, since KakuiCosplay will mostly be bringing everything does anyone have any ideas on how we should carry all the stuff? I completely forgot about that factor :P

I don't mind backpacks, but would that get us in trouble with the convention staff?  ???

JewishCosplayer

:o Can't wait for the convention!

JewishCosplayer

Is anyone else interested in this? Just thought I'd keep bumping the thread so more people can join if they want to :D

JewishCosplayer

I also posted this on Cosplay.com. As Fanime is coming closer, we really need to start thinking about a date and time.

Rebeccakh

oooh x o x i cant find an established .//hack gathering so me and my bf might come dressed as ouka and kite :3~!

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: Rebeccakh on April 02, 2011, 05:59:05 PM
oooh x o x i cant find an established .//hack gathering so me and my bf might come dressed as ouka and kite :3~!

Awesome! :D

JewishCosplayer

Ok, so we now have a set Date and Time: Sunday @ 12:30PM

Motoko

This sounds kind of fun~
I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to post.
So I think I'm just curious as to what this event is a bit more about?
Is it like a gathering for all cosplayers or crossplayers to have fun and meet people and such?
I might attend cause it does sound fun...never attended something like this either.

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: Motoko on April 09, 2011, 12:53:18 PM
This sounds kind of fun~
I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to post.
So I think I'm just curious as to what this event is a bit more about?
Is it like a gathering for all cosplayers or crossplayers to have fun and meet people and such?
I might attend cause it does sound fun...never attended something like this either.

Well, my cosplay group and I thought this would be a good way to meet and hang out with other fellow cosplayers. Everyone from all fandoms are welcome, even if your not in cosplay attire. We just want everyone to meet, play games, hang out and generally have fun. We will be having contests, games, and prizes.

My friend, NeoVerona is also considering bringing Onigiri (Rice Balls) for people to snack on. We are giving away out stuff to the contest winners and at the end if you didn't win anything, but still want to buy something that we brought, you are more then welcome to pitch us a price. All our stuff will be cheap. Our goal is just to socialize and have fun.

Motoko

Sounds like it really would be something I might like to attend.
I might be able to perform something too if there's like a boom box or something that can accommodate a CD.
But it sounds great =)
Where will it be? (I might have missed seeing it in the initial post..) Oh wait...left side of the fountain.
So this is outdoors? (can't perform if it's outdoors...it might ruin my cosplay)
And I guess this is just an open event anyone can attend.
Sounds fun and I'll do my best to make it~

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: Motoko on April 09, 2011, 01:53:41 PM
Sounds like it really would be something I might like to attend.
I might be able to perform something too if there's like a boom box or something that can accommodate a CD.
But it sounds great =)
Where will it be? (I might have missed seeing it in the initial post..) Oh wait...left side of the fountain.
So this is outdoors? (can't perform if it's outdoors...it might ruin my cosplay)
And I guess this is just an open event anyone can attend.
Sounds fun and I'll do my best to make it~

Ya, it's outside, I'm sorry about that :( It's the only place we have available. Still it'd be wonderful if you joined. This is our first time doing something like this, so we're nervous but we promise to try our very best!

Rabbitrabbit

Motoko

I was thinking of some other stuff that you might fun or interesting.
I think to make poker more interesting...to make it texas hold em.
It's fairly easy to learn and very interesting to see how different people play it...well if you follow it. ^^;
Just a suggestion for the dance off...since it's outdoors people might get injured if they accidentally try something and fail.
Not saying it'll happen, but at least I'm just thinking it would be better indoors (though I know you said it's outdoors)...at least this part of the festivities. ^^;

Also considered like a batsu game (or punishment game) to be part of the fun too.
It won't be like humiliating or anything...I hope it'll be fun.
Idea taken from the "Silent Library" series...everyone will get to pick a card (like for example 6 players participating).
The cards will be lined up face down and the punishment will be shown on a standee or small billboard or something.
Then everyone chooses their card and whoever gets the 'safe' card will be safe while the only one skull or "punishment" card drawn will be subjected to the batsu game.
It's meant to be fun and harmless (at least in this case) ^^;
Like chug a soda, do a funny dance, sing a song, get hit by dekopin, etc
Something that everyone can have fun with. ^^;

I don't expect these to be taken into much account since it's a late suggestion, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
Hope to see everyone there though~