WE ARE THE DO~LLAR~ZU! Durarara!!/Baccano! Gathering 2011

Started by summerchristmas838, January 18, 2011, 10:55:21 PM

summerchristmas838

...So like the last organizer probably can't make it or something so someone go lock that thread. Instead you're stuck with me ;>~
only I won't be a crazy fujoshi this year. Ha new cosplay timez LET'S GO~.

Also does anyone think we should just make this a combined Drrr!!/Baccano! gathering?

Day: Saturday
Time: 4 PM

Cosplayers:

Celty-
MeowDesu
Eboni ninja
DarkMoonlitStar
Aoiro
Shinra
Aoiro's boyfriend
nateb39007
Kida-
LastExile
Xenzii's friend
Anri-
MeowDesu's friend
Xenzii's friend
Shizu-chan Shizuo-
AbsolutelyCursed
DarkMoonlitStar's friend
summerchristmas838's friend
bochero
Valdrein (Delic)
Aoiro's friend
Xenzii's friend
Izaya-
summerchristmas838
username_error
DarkMoonlitStar's friend
Valdrein's friend (Psyche)
MeowDesu's friend
Xenzii
OhHiItsGwen (Fem!zaya)
lylychee
Dotachin~Kadota-
HeeroYuy135 (maybe)
Walker-
Touya no Miko
Erika-
Sunara Ishi(maybe)
Orihara Twins: sirichan and her sister
Namie
DarkMoonlitStar's friend
)
Firo-
Yatta Dante
Nice-
leggomymeggo
Baccano!Blob (hopefully~)
hnn don't wanna put down anyone from earlier 'cause people change their minds yahknow >.<

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

heeroyuy135

Put me down as a maybe for Dotachin, I hope I can get that together before Fanime

summerchristmas838

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 18, 2011, 10:56:46 PM
Put me down as a maybe for Dotachin, I hope I can get that together before Fanime
you're that dude who was gonna cosplay Dotachin last year, right?
I remember running into you in the Dealer's hall~

AbsolutelyCursed

Put me down for Shizuo Heiwajima. Just going to need a new wig (definite) and a prop (hopeful). I wouldn't mind is this was a Durarara/Baccano gathering.

Kuudere

Yay!! Love the new thread title. Feels all official... ;D

I put a link to this thread in the last one so people know where to find us if they click the wrong one.

As long as no one wants to make their own Baccano gathering, I don't see any harm in combining them.

Also, my friends will be coming along as Anri and Izaya.

username_error

Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

LastExile

You can count on me coming as Kida again~!

By the way, I officially make myself vice president/dictator of this thread/gathering.
Kthxbai. :|

EDIT: Also, I fully support the idea of making this a combined Drrr!!/Baccano! gathering.
Particularly considering I only saw like 3 Baccano cosplayers last year. And I was watching for them.

summerchristmas838

YAY KIDA *GLOMPS*
okayokay Durarara!!/Baccano it is then <3

DarkMoonlitStar

Hey! I was hoping there would be a time set up but depending on the day and time me and a group of friends are doing our own DRRR group cosplay with me as Celty, and my friends as Izaya, Shizu chan and possibly Namie Yagiri and Anri. If there's a definite time set up then there might be a chance of us joining this gathering.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

LastExile

First motion as vice pres/dictator: We should reintroduce the Dollars chatroom.
Do you agree, President/Dictator Izaya?
All who agree, say AYE.

EDIT: For those who are unaware of the Dollars chatroom, it is this:
http://ikebukuro-dollars.com/

Activities consist of trolling, chatting, and more trolling.

Kuudere

AYE.

We can begin narrowing down a date/time for those who need it (but I have a feeling it might end up getting changed closer to con as more people sign up).

For me, I will be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Monday morning. All time in between is tentatively free.

summerchristmas838

AYE. God I haven't used that chatroom in like forever ;_;
Also apparently one of my friends is gonna cosplay Shizu-chan >:D
I'm excited about this 'cause this is the friend who tried to strangle me with a towel on the last day of school/constantly tries to kill me with her shoe/lunch/whatever'sinherhand.
we're like totally BFFs no joke ;D
*makes me wanna cosplay normal!'zaya too*
*ends up doing both*
Anyways, regarding the gathering, I can probably make it any day but would prefer it not to be on Monday just because I have a Memorial Day thing that morning and it was a total hassle running back and forth last year. But really, it's what majority wants. My schedule is quite flexible.

LastExile

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine for any day. Depends on when the Kuroshitsuji and Hetalia gatherings are. :P

Your friend sounds like a friend that I have. Two friends, actually.
... I'm surprised that I'm still alive.

IsabelC

If I have room in my suitcase (bloody petticoats take up too much room... >_<;; ), I'll definitely bring either my Chane or Karisawa costumes. I wore the Karisawa last year but Chane was even less finished than Erika, soo... chances are better for Chane. But like I said, I'm a maybe. Bloody petticoats.

Any day is good for me, and actually having a gathering to go to might make me start on my costumes now, yay! XD

DarkMoonlitStar

I wouldn't mind joining a chatroom. If it were me I'd prefer if it were Friday or Mon. at least. About my friends, I'd have to ask them.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

LastExile

Since this is a thread that pretty much revolves around DRRR!!,
I'd like to ask all of you what you think of the dub so far?

DarkMoonlitStar

I think it's pretty cool that they're dubbing it. Although most don't appreciate dubbed versions of animes. For me it depends.

If anyone's interested in joining my chatroom right now...http://ikebukuro-dollars.com/
Room: DRRR!!U.S. Host: Setton (me)
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

summerchristmas838

I preordered the dub almost as soon as it was announced 'cause I figured even if it was terrible, I could just switch the language to subs.
Plus it came with a free keychain >> orz.
Anyways, I feel that some of the voices fit really well (Like Shizu-chan and Celty's), but some are kinda meh.
But like nothing seems to be "terrible" yet anyways. *Crosses fingers* Just a few more days wait!

LastExile

I agree with the both of you. It's a decent dub. Well, actually it's more than decent, it's good.

One of the things I really appreciated was the fact that they included swearing.
I don't like it when American dubbing companies go out of their way to eliminate cuss words, particularly when it's an anime more aimed at older teenagers/adults. The dub should feel natural, not restrained.

LastExile