WE ARE THE DO~LLAR~ZU! Durarara!!/Baccano! Gathering 2011

Started by summerchristmas838, January 18, 2011, 10:55:21 PM

username_error

We actually went over the restricted time limit for the gathering. Apparently Fanime staff had limited gathering times to only 30 minutes. There were people telling the photographers to hurry up.
Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

Yatta Dante

Restricted time limits?  Photoshoots are not events organized by the convention.  They are organized by people like you and myself.  I don't think there should be any rules for time limits.
~Yatta Dante

BSaphire

Quote from: Yatta Dante on August 21, 2011, 03:39:49 AM
Restricted time limits?  Photoshoots are not events organized by the convention.  They are organized by people like you and myself.  I don't think there should be any rules for time limits.
Due to the large # of gatherings that happen over the 4 days there are guidelines. A returning gathering of 60+ cosplayers from the previous year is allowed 1 hour in the location. If a gathering is returning but was under that # then usually the gathering is allowed 30 minutes. On a Saturday or Sunday it is more enforced than on a Friday or Monday due to the large #'s of gatherings & cosplayer run events. If a gathering/event grows to that size then more time can be allowed. When an organizer checks in at the table we usually let them know if that has happened and help to make the transition for both gatherings more comfortable. We are all out to have a good time but we all must work with each other sometimes to make that happen.

As for a photoshoot: This is different than a gathering, however if a gathering is listed during the time & location that someone is having a photoshoot then the gathering/event takes precedents over the photoshoot.

For a better understanding of why there are guidelines then know this: Last year there were 76 gatherings and 23 cosplayer run events... that is 99 so to prevent problems guidelines were set up to accomodate as many as possible.

You are welcome to still organize a gathering, but if it doesn't follow the guidelines then it will not be listed/advertised, it doesn't qualify for any of the perks that official gatherings/events are eligible for, and an official gathering/event will take precedent over an unofficial one, just to name a few differences. FanimeCon has established an official and recognized department for the cosplayer gatherings and cosplayer run events. There is not another con on the west coast to my knowledge that has an department overseen by the convention itself.

Love to the cosplayers!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

summerchristmas838

SO
months and months later, I've dropped by to say that I probably won't be able to run the gathering next year. So I'm locking the thread. Anybody who wants to, feel free to start another one.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.