WE ARE THE DO~LLAR~ZU! Durarara!!/Baccano! Gathering 2011

Started by summerchristmas838, January 18, 2011, 10:55:21 PM

summerchristmas838

LastExile

LastExile

Is 9 okay with everyone? Or just you summerchristmas since nobody else has responded.

summerchristmas838

tasljdf; kthats in 20 minutes
*totally not watching glee right now*

LastExile

GLEE [/totalgleek] HNNNGG

Created the room. It's called Fanime.
Yeh, I'm creative. Like a boss.

OhHiItsGwen

I will be there cosplaying as a female version of Izaya..idk if thats relevant to the gathering but I would like to be there :D

username_error

Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

Siri Ex

Hey there! Siri reporting in.

I'm going to be cosplaying Kururi (school version) and my sister Midori is going to be cosplaying Mairu! (school version as well)

Can't wait for the gathering!

summerchristmas838

Quote from: sirichan on March 28, 2011, 09:39:53 PM
Hey there! Siri reporting in.

I'm going to be cosplaying Kururi (school version) and my sister Midori is going to be cosplaying Mairu! (school version as well)

Can't wait for the gathering!
...fanservice >:D?

username_error

Yes can we have fanservice please?

I'll buy Popsicles~ <3
Cosplays for Fanime-

username_error

No one's posted here in a while. So I decided to bump this thread. I just got back from Decepti-kon and it was tons of fun. Just to let you guys know what my Izaya looks like.
Also a friend of mine is coming as Shizuo and we are actually going to fight. <3

Cosplays for Fanime-

summerchristmas838

waaah you look so much cooler then me >:
HOORAY FIGHTING. ONE OF OUR PHOTOSHOOT SCENES WILL BE SHIZU-CHANS VS IZAYAS.

DarkMoonlitStar

I've just recently taken pictures of my FULL Celty cosplay including suit,helmet, scythe and all. I've just started posting some on dA but I'm not done yet. If you REALLY want to see the full album like ASAP then send me a PM and you should add me on Facebook.

http://darkmo0n1tstar.deviantart.com/gallery/28653374

"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

LastExile

Both of your guys' cosplays look so much better than mine... ;___; [/bawl]

username_error

LastExile. I'm sure that's a lie. You're working hard and that's what counts

Darkmoonlitstar- Amazing Scythe!
summerchristmas838- I want in on that photo shoot. <3
Cosplays for Fanime-

DarkMoonlitStar

Thanks username_error!
@LastExile I'm sure if you put enough work into it you can turn your cosplay into something amazing as well!

I just posted the last of my pics so here's the link again if you need it xP

http://darkmo0n1tstar.deviantart.com/gallery/28653374
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

Kuudere

@DarkMoonlitStar Awesome scythe! I think we have the same body suit. Isn't it super hot in it? The collar part feels like it's gonna choke me. I feel like I'm going to need a few breaks to cool down. Also, I'm trying to think of a way to avoid the whole bra outline thing...I was thinking a sports bra might show less underneath, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Also, love your boots way more than mine. Did you sew the top part to be closer to your calf? That was the major problem I was having...that big gap at the top of the boot doesn't really streamline the whole look. -_-

DarkMoonlitStar

@MeowDesu Thanks! And yeah the suit is pretty warm... well I think a sports bra would show more than you'd want it to show but it's entirely up to you. You should try this stuff out before Fanime rolls around. My boots on the other hand were already made like that and I've had them since I was in 7-8th grade and they haven't failed me yet xD (Hopefully that doesn't mean it'll break on me anytime soon...)

As for your gap problem...I'm not really sure what to do in order to fill that up. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to add socks/leggings to fill it up since it'd probably show outlines with the suit or it'd cause you to feel extremely warm/uncomfortable. Sorry if I'm not much help to you.
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

Kuudere

Ah, I see. I bought two boots (one pair of ankle boots and one pair of calf-high boots) just in case, so I might opt for the ankle ones to avert that issue. Your boots look like they're in great condition for being older, so I don't think you'll have any problems.  :)

I know the bra thing is not a big deal - it's just the first thing my eyes go to when I see myself in the costume...freakin' lines are giving me OCD. If I find a viable solution, I'll post it.

DarkMoonlitStar

Lol I know what you mean and plus there'd most likely be some people that would "ogle" at us because of our suits and the lines they show. If the ankle boots work then go ahead and stick to them.

I'm sure it'd be helpful if you did find a solution and post it here xP or in some other Cosplay help thread.
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life