Panel Approvals for 2011 (Update 4.14.2011 - Schedule Sent)

Started by Kava, January 20, 2011, 08:29:21 PM

Kava

Quote from: Lizchan33 on March 19, 2011, 11:58:43 PM
Quote from: Lizchan33 on March 17, 2011, 11:54:44 PM
How long do you expect email confirmation for yay or nay to go out?
I'm extra antsy because it's mid March and Fanime is soooo close D:
I think I should have been more specific too...

Will we get a confirmation that the request was received?
I'm kinda worried I didn't send it right D:

My staff and I don't have the time these days to reply to every submission, unfortunately. When you submit a panel request, you receive an e-mail asking you to verify your e-mail address (this prevents spam submissions from getting through), and after you verify your e-mail address, the submission is sent to us.

If you think that something may have gone wrong with your submission, feel free to e-mail panels to ask about it.

-Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Glitch

Awesome. The comedy club got the green light. Although I think the registration page should instructed people to check the forums.
I'll make sure to squeeze in a joke about steampunk during our panel.</butt kissing>

Cosplay_Rose

So my panel is on the list of approved panels (Magikarp: A History) but I never received a confirmation e-mail. Did anyone else not receive one, or was this just me?

Eliteslayer

Quote from: Cosplay_Rose on March 20, 2011, 06:28:39 PM
So my panel is on the list of approved panels (Magikarp: A History) but I never received a confirmation e-mail. Did anyone else not receive one, or was this just me?

I haven't either, but I saw mine on the approved list, so I figured that they just haven't had the opportunity to send it and know that mine's still approved. If I don't get any e-mails about the panel schedule, then I'd start to get concerned, especially since I have to make sure it doesn't clash with any of my gatherings, but since I see it on the list, I'm good.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

kookiekween99

Is there going to be another Whose Line is it Fanime? this year? I went last year to see Ebner and it was hilarious. :D
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: Eliteslayer on March 20, 2011, 09:10:19 PM
Quote from: Cosplay_Rose on March 20, 2011, 06:28:39 PM

I haven't either, but I saw mine on the approved list, so I figured that they just haven't had the opportunity to send it and know that mine's still approved. If I don't get any e-mails about the panel schedule, then I'd start to get concerned, especially since I have to make sure it doesn't clash with any of my gatherings, but since I see it on the list, I'm good.

It actually makes me feel a lot better to know that I wasn't the only one who didn't receive an e-mail telling me that I was approved. I also figured that they just didn't have time to send them all out, but I wanted to be sure.  :)

Hakoshi

I received no confirmation email either. So no fret there. I'm sure they will send them out in time.

Kava

I'm sorry. I realize this is a change from previous years, but as I've already stated in my earlier post, my staff and I will not have time to individually e-mail each panelist this year. I will be sending out e-mails to all panelists after the first of next month.

-Rena
Rena

Lizchan33

Quote from: Kava on March 20, 2011, 12:59:07 PM

My staff and I don't have the time these days to reply to every submission, unfortunately. When you submit a panel request, you receive an e-mail asking you to verify your e-mail address (this prevents spam submissions from getting through), and after you verify your e-mail address, the submission is sent to us.

If you think that something may have gone wrong with your submission, feel free to e-mail panels to ask about it.

-Rena

Guess I shoulda just re-submitted... I sent an email and got an email back saying I need to confirm my email but I never got the email to confirm my email @_@

Firefury Amahira

Fingers crossed for mine; gotta admit I'm getting antsy about my fanfic workshop. I just hate having plans still up in the air!  :P Can't just take a day and drive up for Fanime like we can for Anime Conji this coming weekend! :D
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Kava

Quote from: Lizchan33 on March 22, 2011, 07:39:24 PM
Quote from: Kava on March 20, 2011, 12:59:07 PM

-Rena

Guess I shoulda just re-submitted... I sent an email and got an email back saying I need to confirm my email but I never got the email to confirm my email @_@

Yeah, you should probably re-submit then. When you submit a form, it tells you that it's going to send you a verification e-mail. It sends you an e-mail with a link you need to click to prove you're not a spam bot. You should get it shortly after submitting the form, so if you don't see it in your inbox, check your junk mail folder perhaps?

-Rena
Rena

Meever

This new system is very nerve racking  :'(

You would think that registering early shows dedication and effort. Can't complain if it's being done for the sake of quality control though.

Also gundam is misspelled  :'(

Lizchan33

Quote from: Kava on March 23, 2011, 05:07:17 PM
Quote from: Lizchan33 on March 22, 2011, 07:39:24 PM

Yeah, you should probably re-submit then. When you submit a form, it tells you that it's going to send you a verification e-mail. It sends you an e-mail with a link you need to click to prove you're not a spam bot. You should get it shortly after submitting the form, so if you don't see it in your inbox, check your junk mail folder perhaps?

-Rena
no go Rena.... It's ok though I resubmitted.... I can only hope for the best in ways of timeslots @_@

Kava

Quote from: Meever on March 23, 2011, 10:26:21 PM
This new system is very nerve racking  :'(

You would think that registering early shows dedication and effort. Can't complain if it's being done for the sake of quality control though.

Also gundam is misspelled  :'(

Sorry about that. It's new, and still needs fine-tuning. We're still trying to create a database to help us make selections, but we've had several snafus in getting the database created, so at the moment we're still doing things mostly manually. If you noticed a misspelling on the web listings on the website, please do drop an e-mail to the panels e-mail. We'll try to get it fixed.

I know the new system is.. well.. new, and we're still working out the details of it, and a lot of panelists are finding it confusing, so I really apologize for that!

We're trying to move to a system that allows us to accept late entries if they add more variety and/or high quality to our schedule. That, of necessity, requires us to not completely fill up the schedule as soon as we have enough submissions to do so, so we've been forced to pick and choose. Our selection process is by no means perfect, nor are we always able to tell from the submissions what will actually be a totally awesome panel and what won't, but we're certainly doing our best.

I really do appreciate y'all hanging with us this year through the growing pains. We'll try to make it less confusing for next year.
Rena

Kava

Small update, for those waiting with bated breath:
We are working on getting the panels schedule filled up, and completed. We haven't finished this process yet. It's looking like it'll take us a couple more days. The last of the schedule is always more tricky to fill, as most time slots are already full, and we have to start juggling panels around to fit available times for the new panels we're trying to schedule.

This is definitely where being flexible in your times comes in handy - pretty soon our approval process will get down to: who can fill THIS time slot?

I'm not going to give you any panel titles yet - you'll have to wait a couple more days for that, but I wanted to leave a note here and let you know we haven't forgotten - we ARE working on it, it's just going to take us a few days to sort out this schedule. :)

-Rena
Rena

MikeTSA

When you announce the final panels, will you also reveal the tentative schedule?  Or will that be at a later date?

slifertheskydragon

How will the panels that get approved after the april 1st program guide cut off date be promoted? esp since i'm pretty sure most of us still waiting submitted way before april 1st...

Kiara

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Kava

To answer the question that was was asked: The April 1st deadline is only for the program guide, not for the printed schedule. The schedule deadline is later. All panels approved prior to April 15th will be listed on the schedule. Panels approved after that (due to cancelations), may not be listed on the printed schedule. Any changes in programming to the printed schedule will be advertised via twitter, stage zero, all 4 info-desks at con, and possibly the website, as well as the printed daily schedules outside of the panel rooms.
Rena