Panel Approvals for 2011 (Update 4.14.2011 - Schedule Sent)

Started by Kava, January 20, 2011, 08:29:21 PM

Kiara

Wait, does that mean that people who get their panels approved after April 1st, will NOT get their panel descriptions in the program guide, and only have the name of their panel on the schedule?

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Kava

And... here is the new list of approved panels. Before I paste the list though, a note: All acceptable panels that are not listed here were e-mailed tonight. So if you're not in this list: Please check your e-mail! There are a few time slots still open on the schedule, and the first to reply claiming them will get them.

Here's the current list of newly approved panels (pro-tip: use ctrl+f to search):

Hetalia Q&A
Yugioh Fanpanel
Anime Let's Make a Deal
Creating Your Graphic Novels
Anime Name that Tune!
Binding for Self-Publishers
J-Pop K-Pop Nation
WoW For The Non-WoWed
Intro to Samurai Senshi
Convention Survival Tips
Reporting Anime Conventions
Weird Manga
Working Together: Photoshoots
STG 101: Intro to Shoot-Em-Ups
Staying in Character
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DXAL
Cosplay Photography
Cosplay 101
Lolita Fashion Show Panel
Selecting The Perfect Fabric
The History of Lolis
Undressing Sherlock
University Anime Club
Deviant Art Meet-Up
Girls Like Boys Who Punch Boys
Your Body, Your Cosplay
Vocaloid: The Fan Phenomenon
Character Creation
Teaching Manga Class
An insider's view on Webcomics
How to make a webcomic in 1 hr
An Anime Look at you
Shira Oka: Second Chances
Character Creation
Girl's Guide to Gundam
Create That Anime!
Create That Hentai! (18+)
VIZ Media Panel

There are a few panel submissions that are not suitable for a panel room and are not currently approved, but might be approved, if details regarding their requirements can be worked out for other spaces available. These panelists should be hearing from us in the near future:

Rock Out Harujuku! (Pending - Karaoke room stage)
Shinkendo (Pending - Bushido Room)
Amtgard: A fantasy combat LARP (Pending - Bushido Room)
Yukie's Vocaloid LIVE (Pending - Stage Zero)
Mario Bro's Variety Show (Pending - Stage Zero)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Kava

Quote from: Kiara on April 06, 2011, 09:20:16 PM
Wait, does that mean that people who get their panels approved after April 1st, will NOT get their panel descriptions in the program guide, and only have the name of their panel on the schedule?
The schedule will be full before the list of panels is sent to the program guide. Any panels approved after that, due to cancelations, will not appear in the program guide.

The current approval round is considered the round for the April 1st deadline. We simply can't send out word of everything ON the 1st, because it takes times to sort through the submissions and try to fit them into the schedule.

I hope that makes sense.

-Rena
Rena

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on April 06, 2011, 05:16:39 PM
How will the panels that get approved after the april 1st program guide cut off date be promoted? esp since i'm pretty sure most of us still waiting submitted way before april 1st...
Fancy meeting you here, Slifer! ;) And I hear ya on the submission times; I think One and I put ours in way back in early February!  8)
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Kava

Appended list of approvals - because panelists are up late and replied super fast to that e-mail sent.
Still 1 two hour time slot left on the schedule.

For now, the following have been added:

Character Makeup
Pattern Alteration for Fit and Form
Con Survival - Cosplayer Style
Henshin! TokuSentai
Digital Makeover: Cosplay Edition
Manga Club
Guilty Pleasures
CosmicBreak Moe Mecha MMO
How Edward Elric Made His Own Boots

(I'm going to bed! More updates tomorrow!)
Rena

Swizzlstik Cosplay

When will the official panel schedule be released? Or at least when will the panel leaders know how many hours are being allotted to them and when?
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

Kava

Quote from: *Sesshie's* Nina on April 14, 2011, 10:19:41 AM
When will the official panel schedule be released? Or at least when will the panel leaders know how many hours are being allotted to them and when?

I just sent out the schedule a few minutes ago. :)
Rena

Firefury Amahira

Any word on when the website will be updated with the finished list?  ???
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Glitch

Judging from the panel email, I feel pretty good about this year.
Question though: When can we start advertising the times of our panels?

Kava

Quote from: Firefury Amahira on April 15, 2011, 02:49:37 PM
Any word on when the website will be updated with the finished list?  ???

I can only go as fast as people get back to me to confirm their times. In an effort to speed this up, I just spent most of the last 3 hours on the phone calling people - but there are still a few people I was not able to get hold of. Hoping to get out the finalized schedule by Monday, but it depends on people getting back to me and me having time to get it out. :)
Rena

Kava

Quote from: Glitch on April 15, 2011, 07:04:24 PM
Judging from the panel email, I feel pretty good about this year.
Question though: When can we start advertising the times of our panels?

See above response to the other question. *chuckles* I think most things are locked down now. Just waiting on a few more confirmations.
Rena

Swizzlstik Cosplay

@Kava - So in your conformation e-mail, I know you said not to mention anything about discounts and that the information would be forthcoming in another email. I've registered, but haven't paid my registration fee. Who do I need to contact about that so I can get my registrations squared away. It's almost the 30 day mark, and I'm just afraid that I won't be able to pay the pre-registration rate if it doesn't get taken care of soon.

Thanks for all your hard work with the new system and dealing with all us nervous nerds. ^^
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

Anicofe

Question about the Hetalia Q & A panel that was supposed to be on Monday. Our original time was supposed to be a two hour panel from 12pm - 2pm, but our time slot got pushed to a one hour panel from 2pm -3pm. Is there any way we can get our 2 hour slot back?

Kava

Quote from: *Sesshie's* Nina on April 25, 2011, 06:12:12 PM
@Kava - So in your conformation e-mail, I know you said not to mention anything about discounts and that the information would be forthcoming in another email. I've registered, but haven't paid my registration fee. Who do I need to contact about that so I can get my registrations squared away. It's almost the 30 day mark, and I'm just afraid that I won't be able to pay the pre-registration rate if it doesn't get taken care of soon.

Thanks for all your hard work with the new system and dealing with all us nervous nerds. ^^

Hello!

I obviously need to re-write what's on the website, because a lot of people ask me questions like this.

Discounts for panelists are only offered on full-priced badges purchased AT the convention center. I cannot give discounts on pre-reg or even early-registration badges. I cannot give refunds on badges that have already been purchased.

We haven't yet worked out a way for panelists to be able to get their badges squared away pre-convention. It's something that comes up a lot, but we haven't figured out a way to make it work yet. Sorry for any confusion!

-Rena
Rena

Kava

Quote from: Anicofe on April 26, 2011, 05:00:28 PM
Question about the Hetalia Q & A panel that was supposed to be on Monday. Our original time was supposed to be a two hour panel from 12pm - 2pm, but our time slot got pushed to a one hour panel from 2pm -3pm. Is there any way we can get our 2 hour slot back?
I have communicated with the individual in charge of this panel separately via e-mail.
Rena

Anicofe

Quote from: Kava on April 30, 2011, 11:24:32 AM
Quote from: Anicofe on April 26, 2011, 05:00:28 PM
I have communicated with the individual in charge of this panel separately via e-mail.
I talked to her and she relayed your reply to the rest of us. Thank you!