Waitlist: Booking for a specific hotel

Started by bentoboxbobby, January 20, 2011, 09:13:35 PM

bentoboxbobby

Hi All,

I was wondering if we have the chance to change hotels later on in the future?  I really wanted to book with Marriott since I booked with them last year.  Marriott says if you had stayed with them, along the way there is a free room after ten or so stays.    Last year, Fanime had a waitlist for a specific hotel, but I don't know if the same idea is applied this year 

Please let me know about this as soon as possible.  I booked at Fairmont, but I'm not really interested in staying there, since it's kinda not connected with the hotel.  I'd really love to have a smooth transition to bring stuff downstairs from swap meet over on Thursday and Friday. 

Thanks for your trouble,

Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

Rin_chan

I'm sure you can waitlist for a specific hotel. I think you need to email fanime housing and request your name be put on the list.

I've never done this before so I'm not completely sure how it all works, but I think that's how you do it.

Rhornez

i would like to be on the waiting list as well i miss the marriot lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

EJAY420

hey, the fairmont has wonderful rooms. its going to get really hard to find a spot as the event gets closer. C'mon dude, it's not even a 5 min walk from the con. I'm a fat ass who needs it but the point is....enjoy the view. Lots of cosplayers on the streets and the park. I'm telling you, no elevator waits at the fairmont. Its the shizag!
Most Impressive.

bentoboxbobby

Oh, I don't doubt the Fairmont, I agree absolutely.  They have a wonderful and beautiful lounge too ~ I used to work around there.  It would be a lot easier to roll your stuff from one elevator down because lugging all that stuff Thursday at swap meet would be a little more optimal .. To carry the stuff (depending how much you have) is really difficult moving it by myself.  Mmm.. Oh yeah, swap meet is first come first serve on Thursday rushing it in, picking it all up again. If it was Fairmont, I'd have to pick up all my stuff and at night, put it into a rental van, when it's over and drive back.  Parking also costs moolah.I think it would be easier and safer to just roll stuff upstairs.
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

bentoboxbobby

Rin, thanks for the e-mail tip!  They got back to me today! :)

Rin FTW! :)

Bobby :)

SweetNiar

Im sure e-mailing Fanime housing will work, but i called them to be put on a wait list for the Hilton and I still have a reservation at St. Claire.

Rin_chan

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on January 21, 2011, 11:14:01 AM
Rin, thanks for the e-mail tip!  They got back to me today! :)

Rin FTW! :)

Bobby :)

whooo! Glad it worked out ^^