FANIME DANCE 2011: PAJAMA PARTY

Started by eHash, January 23, 2011, 09:22:45 PM

The "Pajama Party" or Thursday night Dance has been an epic fail the last 2 years.  What is the interest of attendees to make another attempt in 2011?

Go For It! I'm going to make it for sure this year!
8 (22.2%)
Gambatte! ...but I might not be there
14 (38.9%)
Maybe, but I sure as hell wouldn't wear pajamas...
4 (11.1%)
No Interest....It's a thursday! come on!?!?!
8 (22.2%)
no, but if you give me a really good reason, I might think about it
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 09, 2011, 09:22:45 PM

eHash

We are in the process of identifying facilities and creating the schedule of slots.  The Thursday night before the con has had a dance for the last few years, but has struggled to attract attendees.  What's your feeling? Vote honestly...If you vote yes and we make it happen, please show.  If you don't know, vote on one of the maybes.  If you wouldn't go....vote no.

princesskitty18

the problem wit havin the dance of thursday would be that it requires the fans to be there early or pay an extra night in the hotels or something and have an early start on friday
and another problem wit that is that there arent that many things to do on friday early before like..3pm or something
a lot of fans are working adults or kids in school so they arent able to get there that early
a lot of ppl come from far away and cant afford the extra night
so *shrugs*
its a toss-up but i see those as potential problems
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Armored-Heart

^ I actually beg to differ, since a lot of people do come to Day Zero. It's nothing compared to Saturday, obviously, but I don't think the fact that it's Thursday makes too much difference. It seems like the hotels don't even have any space available for Thursday night right now, (or rather the last time I checked).

Personally, I'm all for going to a dance on Thursday, but I don't like going anywhere in my pajamas so I would be wearing something else. xD; But since we should be honest with our votes, I'm going to vote on maybe, since Thursday will be a very busy day for me and I'll be running on little to no sleep due to the crazy flights I had to book for that weekend so I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to dance that night. :B
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Kertus

I agree as well that there's quite a few people around on Day 0 to go to the dance on Thursday.
Heh I think some people don't know about it though, as well as when people do pop in to check it out there's just a handful of people arriving and leaving it staggered.
I always go with my friends for a little bit to see how it is and what's playing lol. We usually don't stick around for too long though, so I think part of it is getting more people to go so that it reaches critical mass where people can feel lost in the crowd or more social as well?

Just my rambling ideas :P
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

darkknightcecil

More people are probably will attend this year.
Due to the fact that eveyrone get's out of college/school earlier this year
and more attendees ?

Somebody

Not everyone gets out earlier, though I'm guessing the locals do?
Ffft I remember last year- my group was the only one during the time frame in PJ's and everyone looked at us like we were crazy. And the dance floor was basically empty anyway. I think it's definitely empty because as popular as Day 0 is, it's not as easily possible for everyone to come that early- goodness knows my group can't anymore.
Good luck with this venture though I suppose! :P
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Tony

We need attendees?

[chair hat off]
Lingerie and Free Chocolate party.
[/chair hat off]
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

darkknightcecil

I like the thread title.
We should dance in our pajammies. haha.
:O Can we get any events for the dance on day zero? like games while dancing etc.

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2011, 10:10:23 AM
We need attendees?

[chair hat off]
Lingerie and Free Chocolate party.
[/chair hat off]

I like Tony's idea.  ;D

People just don't have love for the Pajama Jammy Jam.

Maybe put it in the smaller dance room, make it a little more laid back and chill, something to get people to mingle more?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

squarebubblex

Seriously, nobody goes?! I'd DEFINITELY go dance around in my pjs, omg sounds so awesome!!! Have it this year, I'll go ^^ AND PLAY SHOUJO JIDAI THERE!! LOLOL

Jerry

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2011, 10:10:23 AM
We need attendees?

[chair hat off]
Free Chocolate party.
[/chair hat off]

i agree with how free chocolate is a great way to make lots of new friends. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

kookiekween99

I totally would do this. Any excuse to be in public in my pajamas. :D

Too bad I can't go to Day Zero until 2013. D:
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Mango Bunny

I feel like the effort could be diverted elsewhere. Last year I went to check it out with a friend (Our first Day 0) and it was a total of ONE GUY. One guy. Dancing. Alone. We booked it.

I just don't see how to amp up interest. If someone came up with something then meh. Maybe.

squarebubblex

FREE FOOD would definitely make more people come :O And a chocolate party sounds epic!! How about a renting a chocolate fountain and providing random stuff to dip in it? (too expensive?)

forever adel

sadly this is the first time I've heard about this

but yeah free food would definitely attract attendees
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

eHash

Some clarification:
<1>  The Pajama Party would move to the smaller room this year if it goes on.
<2>  There has not been a direct cost associated with this room in the past
<3>  Food can not be provided for liability reasons.

Necara

Well if people really want to dance in their pjs, they can do it the other nights. I just don't think enough people will be here on thursday night.

MokurenTattoo

I'd definitely attend, I'm making pajamas for my Gakupo cosplay for a school event anyway. XD
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

eHash

The continuation of the Day Zero dance is questionable due to lack of support.  People really need to post supportive comments if you want it to continue.  Negative feedback just confirms that it shouldn't continue.

L0Lpants

+1 support. Now make it so!
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14