FANIME DANCE 2011: WHAT MUSIC STYLE DO YOU WANT TO HEAR AT THE DANCE?

Started by eHash, January 23, 2011, 09:32:45 PM

WHAT MUSIC STYLE DO YOU WANT TO HEAR AT THE DANCE?

Hip Hop/Top 40s
7 (17.1%)
Downtempo
0 (0%)
Dub Step
2 (4.9%)
Asian Pop
9 (22%)
Breaks
0 (0%)
House (any)
7 (17.1%)
Trance
9 (22%)
Happy Hardcore and Core
3 (7.3%)
Jungle/DnB
0 (0%)
Other
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: February 22, 2011, 09:32:45 PM

squarebubblex

[triple post] sorry mods, please delete!

squarebubblex

GoodAsianDriver

Quote from: squarebubblex on February 14, 2011, 12:07:36 AM
(24:00) The music doesnt mesh with the background music to me.. like someone random is singing over the actual music.

Noted. Thanks for the heads up. The song uses virtually the same chords as the original which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaEGxukpPSs

(52:30ish) lol this might be a bit too much DJing.. it sounded like there were malfunctions with the speaker system

Welcome to dubstep. I don't think I liked it too much when I first heard the genre either, but it has a real cult-like following. You now know that you don't like dubstep.

(1:02:00) -facepalm- >__< -gets off dance floor-

yeah that's lil jon for ya. I'd prefer not to any hip hop at all, but I've had to do it a few dances in the past because it's so popular here in the bay. The poll here also indicates that it's popular.

(1:17:00) Uhoh, it's boring and repetitive now XD and I dont like the song you mixed it with.

Yeah I agree with your view on the repetitive nature of this song. I think this is the chew fu remix, but I plan on creating a shortened edit.

I think there's an abundance of YG material because YG releases their accapellas and instrumentals. My favorite girlies are 2ne1 so that probably needs to be reduced. I have plenty of other non yg kpop material.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

taki-desu

I agree with the anime music somewhat in there, its an anime con after all.

Necara

I would say that there was a pretty good balance of music. I love love loved the style you did for mixing Whip My Hair. That's my favorite style of music to dance to. Slap down them beats son.
Earlier the transition into Rihanna was pretty good, but the dubstep kinda ruined it, in my opinion. After it stopped it was okay, but it went on for a little longer than I felt necessary.

I felt like the Grenade mix shoud've stopped after the first chorus, and moved into something more up beat, such as a Guetta song? The one with him and Rihanna, Who's That Chick?, I feel would've been a good blend.

The I'm The Ish/Snap Yo Fingers/Black and Yellow transition bothered me. I didn't like the addition of S.Y.F. It felt so out of place, and didn't do much for either songs. Black and Yellow doesn't really do much for me either. I feel like instead of this you should've put a BPM mix. Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce or a mix of Super Bass by Nicki Minaj would've been nice. It seems way too slow in this part.
I loved when it gets Latin, but it still felt like you could've revved it up a bit at least partly into the segment?

Mixing some more k/jpop beats to top 40s lyrics and vice versa would be sick. Maybe I didn't hear it in there but Sorry Sorry by Super Junior would've been a nice song to mix in around 1:20: or so. I also think you should mix the two genres together. It was some anime songs, then k/jpop, then hella top 40s with tiny bits of k/jpop mixed in. Mix them in together, it keeps it more fresh and fun and surprising!
I see a lot of potential in the mix, but it needs some faster beats and the genres need to be blended. Also no Vocaloid songs? Ke$ha Britney or Gaga?

And now I'm listening to the last four minutes. Why is this only at the end? This is great! You should've had this going through the whole mix! This is a great blend. You added in some Ke$ha and a tiny bit of Gaga... Please add more of this to your set! Especially that Miss A. Shit is hot.

GoodAsianDriver

Thanks for the awesome feedback, Necara. Your song recommendations are all ones that I have and love. In hindsight I probably should have cut the hip-hop section completely in favor of more house/kpop/pop.

Its interesting that you mention sorry sorry at that point in the mix because I did think of using a smooth house remix of that song at that point, but I decided that fanime probably wouldn't want to hear any smooth house.  :D lolz

I just found out that Yuu Asakawa did some voice acting for vocaloid. I gotta get on that.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Necara

Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on February 15, 2011, 01:10:17 PM
Thanks for the awesome feedback, Necara. Your song recommendations are all ones that I have and love. In hindsight I probably should have cut the hip-hop section completely in favor of more house/kpop/pop.

Its interesting that you mention sorry sorry at that point in the mix because I did think of using a smooth house remix of that song at that point, but I decided that fanime probably wouldn't want to hear any smooth house.  :D lolz

I just found out that Yuu Asakawa did some voice acting for vocaloid. I gotta get on that.
do it do it do it do it.

A Just Be Friends mix would be sweet. I know Miku has a good dance song called Sweet Devil that isn't too well know. I know they have Luke doing Gaga covers, maybe you could blend Luka and Gaga together? Also Gaga's new song is sick, might wanna add some of that into the set too.

taki-desu

Quote from: Necara on February 15, 2011, 01:22:54 PM
Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on February 15, 2011, 01:10:17 PM

do it do it do it do it.

A Just Be Friends mix would be sweet. I know Miku has a good dance song called Sweet Devil that isn't too well know. I know they have Luke doing Gaga covers, maybe you could blend Luka and Gaga together? Also Gaga's new song is sick, might wanna add some of that into the set too.

I agree vocaloid has so many remixes that are just really catchy, same with several other anime songs.

misosoupaddict

Quote from: Arkham on January 25, 2011, 12:42:16 PM
World fusion, techno-tribal, Steampunk.

Examples, Beats Antique, SORIAH, Vernian Process, Abney Park.

YES PLEASE.
And if it counts for anything, all five of my roomies at the con will concur.
Find me in Artist's Alley 2011!
deviantart gallery

Lolita_Technica

What would be your guys' opinions on J-Core being played at Fanime's Dance? Honestly, I'd love to see some remixes from Shimamura, Sharpnel or Jakazid being played. After all, this is an anime convention. :P

GoodAsianDriver

I think after this poll closes I'll create a new mix that reflects the new votes. Some J-core would be great, dui bu dui ya~?
--
www.spinkpop.com

kookiekween99

I think the poll should have had hardcore instead of happy hardcore. The two are similar, but different enough that many people like one and not the other. Consequently, people who like hardcore but not happy hardcore are voting for other things.

I'm looking forward to the new mix. ^^
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

heeroyuy135

Wrong section, need to post this with Music Fest

eHash

Dance Management has been watching over the survey and the feedback so I encourage those who still want to contribute to this discussion to post a reply.

atarashi.michi

jpop and jrock
not so much kpop

stuff that has a nice beat and fun to rock out or just dance to~
and of course, like anime themes
because everyone would know them~

jpop:
- AAA, EXILE, Yamashita Tomohisa, AKB48, Amuro Namie, KAT-TUN, Matsushita Yuya, w-inds., Mizuki Nana, Aoyama Thelma, Koda Kumi, Morning Musume, J Soul Brothers, Kuroki Meisa, Nakagawa Shoko, Orange Range, PERFUME, YUI, Furukawa Yuta, ON/OFF, etc.

jrock:
- Inoue Joe, ONE OK ROCK, Cocoa Otoko., THE KIDDIE, Ayabie, FLOW, UVERworld, L'Arc-en-Ciel, SPYAIR, the GazettE, Nightmare, An Cafe, SuG, Kra,  Toon factory, Alice Nine, DaizyStripper, flumpool, SCANDAL, BREAKERZ, etc.

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

LastExile

I second The Safety Dance.

Also, dub step, house (any), and happy hardcore. Please and thank you.

God91125

Need more actual anime and video game mixes I think >_> Plenty of great songs that we could get from places like Nico Nico Douga and a lot of mixes like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOz-T3NPtLA maybe not that one in particular but there are plenty of Touhou mixes out there.
Then for anime plenty of good stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jom6IcvAgpE
Anyways more unique music! Granted some fun stuff is good too like I remember last year when they played "I'm on a Boat" and a Rick Roll or two doesn't hurt xD

Overall though Trance,Happy Hardcore is fine and my favorite House. The entire Panty with Stocking OST for example, great House music I would love to hear some songs from there. My preferred artists would RedAlice, DJ Pulse, DJ Hixxy, Daft Punk, Justice, MGMT(get some remix mashups from them there great) Super Mash Bros would be cool to hear haha.

I also third The Safety Dance, fun songs are great to have in there, Like a Boss.

djkidmack

Quote from: LastExile on March 10, 2011, 08:21:43 AM
I second The Safety Dance.

Also, dub step, house (any), and happy hardcore. Please and thank you.

I <3 House music! :D
If God is a DJ / Life is a dance floor / Love is the rhythm / You are the music