Is PedoBear Cosplaying Banned?

Started by StrawberryNeko, February 02, 2011, 12:56:23 PM

StrawberryNeko

I am planning a group of 5-7 all cosplaying all as Pedo Bear, but I heard some rumors that Pedo Bear Cosplay is banned due to some incident with a Pedo Bear Cosplayer doing inappropriate things to children at a convention (I don't know the exact details).

The main idea of this group is to just take innocent photos of us appearing from behind objects such as lamposts and bushes. We do not plan performing any inappropriate behavior and risk anything that would get us kicked out.

WE might photobomb some gatherings by standing there and staring at you guys, but that's as evil as it gets ROFL.

It would be helpful if I can get a confirmation on this.

Thanks!

BSaphire

I am currently unsure and will find out. I know that "Man Faye" is banned at a lot of cons *LOL, but not sure if PedoBear is in there too.

Should it be ok, I would like to ask you and your group to please respect other gatherings by asking to be a part of their photo session. There were some issues last year with "Waldo" and I heard many complaints, not to mention how many group photos he messed up. I will see what I can find out for you though. Sending out a message to get you an official reply.

For all cosplayers out there: Always remember that this is a "Family" con and there are small "chibis" out there that won't understand our cosplay mayhem and it could be an issue with their parent/guardian.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Kertus

I thought Man Faye was only banned at other cons because of some 'wardrobe malfunctions' lol, not that it was inappropriate or anything.  Never heard about stuff at other cons, although I did see a report from some stupid midwest state where they thought people dressed in Pedobear outfits were REAL pedophiles, just because they wore the outfit. lol
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Aelia

FanimeCon does not have a policy against pedobear costumes, as they have not been a real issue in the past. That said, please come by Rovers base (usually in the Mariott, not sure of which room yet) and check in before you roam the convention center.

As with any costume; behave yourselves.

In this case, that includes not photobombing gatherings pictures. We don't want to have to make a rule about it, and if people are respectful, it won't have to become one.

If at any point, your group being dressed as pedobear does become an issue, we will have to ask you to change out of your costumes.

If you have any further questions, please email [email protected]
Director of Operations