Guest anouncement

Started by Mantaray3000, February 10, 2011, 10:39:06 AM

Mantaray3000

When will Fanime begin to announce its first guest? This month or march? Either one is fine I'm just asking.

ewu

Unfortunately, guest negotiations can get very complex and drawn out. rest assured, when we are reasonably assured that a guest will be coming, we will announce them as soon as possible. However, know that because of the dynamic nature of negotiations, we can't tell with certainty when we will be able to announce.

aka, we are not holding out and will let you know when we know. :)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mantaray3000

thanks for the notice   ;)

Mantaray3000

um... I don't mean to sound rude and all but... is the guest list already finalized!? I certainly hope not because I've been anxious of the guests fanimecon will invite but I can understand especially what has happened in Japan over the past month.

M

Quote from: Mantaray3000 on April 20, 2011, 05:07:24 PM
um... I don't mean to sound rude and all but... is the guest list already finalized!? I certainly hope not because I've been anxious of the guests fanimecon will invite not but I can understand especially what has happened in Japan over the past month.
Nope, announcements will (hopefully) be going out next week. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

SukebeStudios

With Reuben cancelling this will be the first anime convention I've ever been to with ZERO voice actors. That is of course, unless others are planned.

Mantaray3000

Quote from: SukebeStudios on April 22, 2011, 02:27:53 AM
With Reuben cancelling this will be the first anime convention I've ever been to with ZERO voice actors. That is of course, unless others are planned.

That would be very unfortunate if there were no voice actor guests this year especially how many people (not just me) have been requesting for months now. I certainly hope that's not the case.

Himeno

Do remember that Fanime is competing for guests along with Phoenix Comicon (Phoenix, AZ), Anime Oasis (Boise, ID), Animazement (Raleigh, NC), Anime North (Toronto, Ontario), Comicpalooza (Houston, TX) and Florida Anime Experience (Kissimmee, FL) which are all on the same weekend.

Mango Bunny

Also remember, Fanime is run BY the fans, so there most likely they aren't just ignoring everyone who is requesting VAs. If they get some, great! If they don't, I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying. VAs have other lives too, and stuff comes up.

Rhornez

/fingers crossed for Tite Kubo even though its impossible

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Tsu

I don't work for Fanime, so I can't say for certain who'll be there, but I do know its wise to wait. The last two cons were just like this... barely any guests announced, and then a flood of them just before the convention, AND some unannounced surprises like Karen Dyer. I wouldn't worry about it, though it is a bummer about Reuben. He was turning into quite the regular... but hey, yay for him having paying work. XD
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Tony

Yes, please wait. ;D We are scrambling to get the guests announced in a proper fashion.

Unfortunately, the disaster in Japan did not help things... and probably not in ways you'd expect. To make things worse, gas prices are hurting us tremendously. But the Guest Relations team has been working very hard and have some great guests in the lineup. I hope you like them!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

LordKefka

Well for the past 8 years FanimeCon hasn't failed me yet so yeah. And I want to be the first one to say that I'm excited to meet the director of Oh! Edo Rocket.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

M

We've announced many guests this year, but I'm just so excited about the next guest we're going to announce. I'll tell you lucky readers (those reading this thread) who it is right now...

It is...

Tony.

He will be singing, and dancing, and signing autographs, and uhh... many other things!

LordKefka

Oh snap!

So when will sysadmin be officially announced? :X
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

F YES.
I NEED HIS AUTOGRAPH.
WHAT TIME IS HIS CONCERT?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Sebbyxciel123

I hope this goes in the right place... ^^"

so I'm not sure, but this is the first year I'm planning to go because Yuya Matsushita was announced as a guest of honor.
I would just like to ask if anyone knows which day he would he going and what time.
I'm sorry if I have bothered anyone and I hope I posted this in the right place.
If you can answer thank you suuuper a lot and even if you can't thank you anyways for reading this.
Sorry for the bother ~ >///<"

M

Quote from: Sebbyxciel123 on May 01, 2011, 05:48:38 PM
I hope this goes in the right place... ^^"

so I'm not sure, but this is the first year I'm planning to go because Yuya Matsushita was announced as a guest of honor.
I would just like to ask if anyone knows which day he would he going and what time.
I'm sorry if I have bothered anyone and I hope I posted this in the right place.
If you can answer thank you suuuper a lot and even if you can't thank you anyways for reading this.
Sorry for the bother ~ >///<"
The schedule hasn't been posted yet. It will be posted as we get closer to the convention.