Marvel VS Capcom 3 Thoughts and Opinions

Started by SukebeStudios, February 15, 2011, 06:44:48 AM

What do you think about MvC3?

LOVE THIS FREAKIN GAME! WORTH THE WAIT!
Not bad! Not bad at all!
Eh, could have been better.
THIS GAME BLOWS! What a waste of a decade long wait.
No Opinion

SukebeStudios

I picked up my copy of Marvel VS Capcom 3 at a midnight release at Gamestop on Curtner Ave. After playing it for a few hours, I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the entertainment value as well as the overall quality of the gameplay. I was just wondering if anyone else has positive and/or negative feedback about the game itself?

moondogg

I had been playing MvC2 for like 5 years, and MvC3 was worth the wait, my only problem with it is that they didn't put Strider in the game, he is such a iconic character to fighting games

christofu

I agree, when the leaked roster list had Strider listed on it I was a happy boy. Then they came out and just said he's not in the game cause he didn't fit in with the tone of the game :(

The game on the other hand is really fun, I'm enjoying it alot more than MvC2. Are you guys on the 360 or ps3?? We should get some casual games going!

PyronIkari

Quote from: moondogg on February 15, 2011, 09:18:53 PM
I had been playing MvC2 for like 5 years, and MvC3 was worth the wait, my only problem with it is that they didn't put Strider in the game, he is such a iconic character to fighting games

How is he iconic to fighting games... when he's only been in MvC1 and MvC2? He was never even a big Capcom character either, as most people not born in the late 80s have never even played a strider game in their lives.

MvC3 is pretty trashy to be honest. X-Factor system is terrible, and the game is just easy mode. You can literally learn the game in 1-2 hours. Sentinel is obviously amazingly good, and X-Factor sent is just dumb. You can't rush him down without the risk of 100%. If you turtle... you lose 100% from block damage before X-Factor runs out if he has two meters.

The game is fun I suppose, but it's just dumb in a lot of ways.

otakuya

I think it's more 'easy' than 'dumb'. I like the mechanics and control; it's more easily accessible to perform specials and air juggles especially. Every character seems more balanced, too. It's not the best, but it's fun.

I don't particulary like the physics, however, because it seems too floaty and everyone is flying (or maybe it's just me). It also seems that some characters (like Amaterasu) are too small to hit with regular attacks.

I wish the roster was larger. There were 56 characters in MvC2 and I think there are 36 in MvC3 (plus DLC). I'd love to have had Franziska von Karma, Godot, Klavier Gavin, Rockman X, and some Rockman/X Robot Masters as playable characters (^__^,)

christofu

Quote from: Otakuya on February 16, 2011, 09:26:29 PMI wish the roster was larger. There were 56 characters in MvC2 and I think there are 36 in MvC3 (plus DLC). I'd love to have had Franziska von Karma, Godot, Klavier Gavin, Rockman X, and some Rockman/X Robot Masters as playable characters (^__^,)

We'll be getting more DLC chars that's for sure. On the Capcom Unity forums they're already asking the community to vote for DLC characters. Bring on Strider!! oh and a spectator mode, watching health bars deplete isn't entertaining.

L0Lpants

you can look up online about why they didn't implement the other characters into the game & not even for considered for DLC. I just read up today about why they didn't put X in the game, mostly because he lacks in variety in close quarters whereas Zero is(it's still wrong that they put X's color scheme on Zero though). Besides, I don't believe a large number of people in the general audience that they're trying to appeal to ever known much of Strider. The developers already put Deadpool in there so why need 2 ninjas?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

EJAY420

spectator mode please.... TEKKEN 5 has/had it down! WHY CANT WE MIMIC THAT??? WHERE THE HELL IS KEN??????
Most Impressive.

christofu

Quote from: Captain L0Lpants on February 16, 2011, 10:25:41 PM
you can look up online about why they didn't implement the other characters into the game & not even for considered for DLC. I just read up today about why they didn't put X in the game, mostly because he lacks in variety in close quarters whereas Zero is(it's still wrong that they put X's color scheme on Zero though). Besides, I don't believe a large number of people in the general audience that they're trying to appeal to ever known much of Strider. The developers already put Deadpool in there so why need 2 ninjas?

Strider and Deadpool aren't even close to resembling each other. Their play style is COMPLETELY different. We've got two shotos in MvC3, Ryu and Akuma, two claw people Wolverine and X-23. Those 4 characters play sorta alike, why not two ninjas who plays completely different? Besides they put in Shuma in as a DLC character, who even knows about Shuma and that one comic he was in?

EJAY420

If anyone on the playstation network aka psn wants to play,hit me up. Find me under: EASTBAYEJ
Most Impressive.

ice queen

I watched my friends play it on their X box 360. I like how the game seems so far, I think I'll join you EJAY on psn when I buy it after Dundracon.
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

PyronIkari

Was at WNF tonight and watched probably some of the best marvel players.

I repeat... the game is incredibly dumb. It looks amazing, it's fun to mess around with, but holy crap the game is stupid.

TC X0 Lt 0X

And you know I still won't be able to play this game properly.

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2011, 02:08:19 AM
Was at WNF tonight and watched probably some of the best marvel players.

I repeat... the game is incredibly dumb. It looks amazing, it's fun to mess around with, but holy crap the game is stupid.
Like Halo Reach.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

Ok Sent + x-factor = wtf is this shit Capcom.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on February 17, 2011, 02:29:37 PM
Ok Sent + x-factor = wtf is this shit Capcom.

It's not even just Sent+X-Factor. It's X-Factor as a whole. Level 3 is too stupid. Level 3 Chun is ridiculous as hell. Dark Phoenix Level 3 is 200% in chip damage that you can't do shit about if she gets a blocked hit on you and you didn't counter perfectly. Like it was put yesterday.

"That's MvC3".

LordKefka

Yeah I'm discovering these things as I watch more uploaded vids.

Looks fun though and I do want to at least try it...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

N.E.R.V.agent220

Can't wait to play this game until a friend of ours come visit in early March and brings his PS3 over, btw what will be Justin Wong's take on

this game clones... 

PyronIkari

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on February 17, 2011, 07:19:25 PM
Can't wait to play this game until a friend of ours come visit in early March and brings his PS3 over, btw what will be Justin Wong's take on

this game clones... 
He already said it. The game is dumb as hell, and it's the easiest game to play ever.

N.E.R.V.agent220

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2011, 08:44:44 PM
Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on February 17, 2011, 07:19:25 PM

this game clones... 
He already said it. The game is dumb as hell, and it's the easiest game to play ever.
That's exactly right. lol

LordKefka

Yeah kotaku had this thing about what J. Wong thought of MvC3. Pretty much said just that. I'm glad he was actually you know... honest with his opinion.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor