Marvel VS Capcom 3 Thoughts and Opinions

Started by SukebeStudios, February 15, 2011, 06:44:48 AM

What do you think about MvC3?

LOVE THIS FREAKIN GAME! WORTH THE WAIT!
Not bad! Not bad at all!
Eh, could have been better.
THIS GAME BLOWS! What a waste of a decade long wait.
No Opinion

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on February 17, 2011, 10:38:29 PM
Yeah kotaku had this thing about what J. Wong thought of MvC3. Pretty much said just that. I'm glad he was actually you know... honest with his opinion.

If you're reading about JWong's opinion about MvC3 on Kotaku... you obviously don't care/follow/give a shit about fighting games. He's talked about it in multiple places and I can sum it up as 'you don't follow anything concerning fighting games so you really have no right to voice your opinion on them'.

LordKefka

I do follow fighting games though not as much (especially recently) as I would want so you've at least picked the right one. And you mean I can't voice my opinion..? *confused*
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

christofu

J.wong? The guy changes his tune about the game every minute. He hates it, he loves it, calls it dumb, then says it's the most fun game he's ever played. Whatever, keep playing it if you like it, and if you don't like it put down the controller and walk away.

PyronIkari

Quote from: christofu on February 18, 2011, 04:24:50 AM
J.wong? The guy changes his tune about the game every minute. He hates it, he loves it, calls it dumb, then says it's the most fun game he's ever played. Whatever, keep playing it if you like it, and if you don't like it put down the controller and walk away.

o_0 Wong really doesn't change his opinion about games at all. He usually stands by what he says and when he's proven wrong, is pretty humble about being wrong (like his claim of Adon being one of the worst in SSF4). In terms of like, yeah that fine, but we were more on the level of talking about how it is as a competitive game. Which most people (that matter) agree it can be played competitively but it's got so many horrible properties that make the game incredibly dumb. I don't think a single top player/analyst disagrees that the game is incredibly stupid concerning X-Factor and turn around properties of it.

If you like playing the game, indeed, play it. If you don't, then don't. But in actual discussion of the playability of the game, the game has a lot of problems.

christofu

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 18, 2011, 03:09:49 PMo_0 Wong really doesn't change his opinion about games at all. He usually stands by what he says and when he's proven wrong, is pretty humble about being wrong (like his claim of Adonbeing one of the worst in SSF4). In terms of like, yeah that fine, but we were more on the level of talking about how it is as a competitive game. Which most people (that matter) agree it can be played competitively but it's got so many horrible properties that make the game incredibly dumb. I don't think a single top player/analyst disagrees that the game is incredibly stupid concerning X-Factor and turn around properties of it.

If you like playing the game, indeed, play it. If you don't, then don't. But in actual discussion of the playability of the game, the game has a lot of problems.

I agree with the x-factor. I think lvl 1 is fine, but when it comes down to lvl 3 it's just ridiculous. Maybe they'll give us a option to turn off x-factor (wishful thinking) when they release a "tournament mode" with spectator and other online options that should of been in from the start.

michibeloved

I love it, it has all my favorite characters and everything about it was amazing.
Perfect game to play with a group of people.

Jinto

Got it midnight release and after playing it for a whole week this is what I thought

What I  ;D
Pretty Easy for anyone, even non-fighting experts, to pick up and play
The graphics and background scenery (especially on a HD TV)
The ability to save up to three teams for quick character selection
No carbon copies of Characters (to my surprise Akuma plays different from Ryu unlike SS4 and SSF4)
Creative alternative costumes
Easy Achievements

What I  >:(
No spectator mode, not even in the lobbies
A pain in the a$$ to get on a online fight (The only way I find fights is through the fight request in Arcade mode)
Lack of roster, and the fact Capcom plans on leeching more $ from players with DLC fighters, costumes, and pretty much other useless content
Simple Mode
Overall a shallow game compared to other fighting games like Blazblue Continuum Shift, Soul Calibur 4, Dead or Alive 4 or even Street Fighter 4 and SSF4.

Its a fun game don't get me wrong, great for parties and get togethers  but with a lack of modes and content, this game will be collecting dust in a mouth or so.

PyronIkari

This post is hilarious.
Quote from: Jinto on February 21, 2011, 04:32:41 PM
Got it midnight release and after playing it for a whole week this is what I thought

No carbon copies of Characters (to my surprise Akuma plays different from Ryu unlike SS4 and SSF4)
Ryu and Akuma play NOTHING alike in SF4 and SSF4. You seriously know nothing about the game if you think this.

QuoteA pain in the a$$ to get on a online fight (The only way I find fights is through the fight request in Arcade mode)
You're probably the only one with this problem. It's pretty easy to match make.
QuoteLack of roster, and the fact Capcom plans on leeching more $ from players with DLC fighters, costumes, and pretty much other useless content
Again, you don't get this. Lack of roster? It's actually a pretty decent sized roster especially with the amount of work it takes to go into a character. It takes roughly 9 months to create/program a character, and about 6 months of testing to basic play test them. Especially with how complicated MvC3 is, I'm surprised they had this many, but that can be answered with Tatsunoko beta.

QuoteSimple Mode
This is contradictory. Why do you dislike simple mode, when it makes it easier for people to pick up and play.
Overall a shallow game compared to other fighting games like Blazblue Continuum Shift, Soul Calibur 4, Dead or Alive 4 or even Street Fighter 4 and SSF4.
You list 3 of the most shallow games on the market, and then say "even SF4 and SSF4". That makes no sense. There's a reason why SC4 is hardly popular around the world, and pretty much NO ONE takes DOA4 seriously. DOA4 is perhaps the shallowest fighting game in existance.

QuoteIts a fun game don't get me wrong, great for parties and get togethers  but with a lack of modes and content, this game will be collecting dust in a mouth or so.

What do you want from a game? Modes and content? It's a fighting game. The only "modes and content" it needs to be good is "vs. mode" and playability. Now as much as I dislike MvC3 for its obvious problems like X-Factor, to compare it to games like Blaz/SC and ESPECIALLY DOA, then put SF4 lower than that, shows your lack of knowledge and understanding of fighting games.

Jinto

Some say something? ???
Weird...Must be hearing things

EJAY420

if u like the game play it, have fun. If u dont like it, go do some homework.
Most Impressive.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jinto on February 22, 2011, 08:54:22 PM
Some say something? ???
Weird...Must be hearing things

Well your definitely cool now.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

This game sucks, but it's fun at least to a certain extent. It's one of those "I'll mess around with friends" kind of fighting game, nothing to take very seriously.

otakuya

After about 2 weeks, it's still fun to play. Just fun.
I also don't need any expert to tell me what's fun to play or not.

Meever

Unblockable setups, full screen super moves, broken characters, X-factor doublings your speed and damage, simple crossovers, handful of infinite, 2/3rds of the cast already having 100% kill combos.

It's completely awesome.

From a pure "fun factor" point of view it's one hell of a game. I'm concerned about competitive play, and general longevity of the scene, lack of polish in the online play is also a bit concerning.... but otherwise. One hell of a game.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Meever on February 25, 2011, 10:18:08 PM
Unblockable setups, full screen super moves, broken characters, X-factor doublings your speed and damage, simple crossovers, handful of infinite, 2/3rds of the cast already having 100% kill combos.

It's completely awesome.

From a pure "fun factor" point of view it's one hell of a game. I'm concerned about competitive play, and general longevity of the scene, lack of polish in the online play is also a bit concerning.... but otherwise. One hell of a game.

There's only one real unblockable currently and it's super hard. Full screen supers have existed forever. Broken Chars? Every char is broken. X-factor does more than that. 1 Infinite in the game currently. Everyone has 100% with super/x-factor, no one has 100% without them.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

So, MvC3 released the second patch (3/22) today.  Let's see:

The big talk is obviously the Sentinel stamina reduction.  His 1,300,000 Stamina is now around 905,000.  In that case, if you guys wants your Very Hard mode trophies for every character, might as well do them now.  =P

The Haggar/Spencer Glitch has been reduced greatly (only 2 characters tested glitched still with this).  Akuma's Tatsu infinite is gone.

Bad news is, the game still remains unfixed competitively.  The Zero Glitch still exists, thus still remain banned in tournaments.  Sadly, the biggest problem in the game, X-Factor, remains untouched as far as I know; no property changes at all to any character regarding X-Factor.  Yes, those lvl3's and even lvl1's aren't touched.

Guess this is still a game to be played in a casual manner.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

PyronIkari

Just as a foremention, this wasn't a "real" patch. This was pre work for event mode, and a tweak to sentinel to see how it goes... and some bugs got piggy back fixed. The real patch will be soon.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Whoops.  Thanks for the clarification.  I thought it was the "patch" that everyone has been talking about today.  Sounds similar to the minor update they did February 25th to prepare for Shadow Mode.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

TC X0 Lt 0X

Actually potentially meaningful updates to a fighting game.
You blow my mind.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Zero_Kirby

I found it decent... and X factor is pretty OP in most case