Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: redroses3164 on March 02, 2011, 11:50:44 AM
Processing registration is the same as checking in right? I'm just reading what is in the Swap Meet Rules and want to reconfirm.

Yes. You register online, check-in at con (and that's when we look through the stuff and you give us your form and pay your fee).

Last year (or was it the year before? I forgot), I brought in a suitcase with two wheels on the bottom. Am I not allowed to this year? I just saw this: so I figured I'd ask. Last time I sold stuff, I used the suitcase to hold my manga to show the spines.

This is fine. Our problem last year was with the people who brought bookshelves, tables, clothing racks, and huge displays. These are not allowed.

Avairrianna

Do you have to have a Fanime registration already processed before we can sign up for a swap meet spot tonight?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Eurobeat King

It's past 12:00am..  is the pre-reg. opening tonight?  ???
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

yotsuba

I'm on the site right now but I'm getting errors... D:

Hachimitsu

Quote from: yotsuba on March 16, 2011, 12:06:13 AM

same here, but I assume its because they are trying to review the rules abit!

Kyra_Maverick

The reg link is up on the site, but it doesn't lead anywhere.

I work at 6am, so I'm staying up late just to sign up. I hope it will be up soon, as do many others, but I can't wait up too much longer.

redroses3164

Sometimes that happens when the server is overloaded with requests. Or the server is funky. Or just... I dunno after that.

@Kyra_Maverick: Same. I got classes early and I need to commute too.

Anon

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 16, 2011, 12:09:04 AM
I work at 6am, so I'm staying up late just to sign up. I hope it will be up soon, as do many others, but I can't wait up too much longer.

seriously. Whoever thought opening up a registration page in the middle of a work/school week at midnight would be a good idea...

yotsuba

Quote from: redroses3164 on March 16, 2011, 12:09:45 AM

Sometimes that happens when the server is overloaded with requests. Or the server is funky. Or just... I dunno after that.

@Kyra_Maverick: Same. I got classes early and I need to commute too.

True...
I have work in the morning too... D:
Hope it goes up soon...

Hachimitsu

LAst time I missed this event, we ended in spot #99 >_<!... not a very perfect ideal spot but hey IM just happy we made it for both thursday and friday!...
im just kinda shocked how people Cross into our swapspot and drop soda and ketchup and ruined the Tshirts!, tried to ask them to pay our merchandise and all we ever got was an apology, has anyone had issues with people crossing the swap spots?

Kyra_Maverick

When it does go up, I'm sure the server is going to freak out with all of us trying to sign up at the same time.

I appreciate that we're all working on different schedules, but next year I hope they have mid day sign ups instead.

Eurobeat King

This reminds me of another convention registration..   :D
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

ayonoi

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 16, 2011, 12:09:04 AM
The reg link is up on the site, but it doesn't lead anywhere.

I don't work that early but yeah, staying up too to register  :-[

yotsuba

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:14:07 AM
LAst time I missed this event, we ended in spot #99 >_<!... not a very perfect ideal spot but hey IM just happy we made it for both thursday and friday!...
im just kinda shocked how people Cross into our swapspot and drop soda and ketchup and ruined the Tshirts!, tried to ask them to pay our merchandise and all we ever got was an apology, has anyone had issues with people crossing the swap spots?

That's terrible! D: Yeah... People just walk all over the place...

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 16, 2011, 12:14:34 AM
When it does go up, I'm sure the server is going to freak out with all of us trying to sign up at the same time.

I appreciate that we're all working on different schedules, but next year I hope they have mid day sign ups instead.

They tried that...
uhm...
it did'nt ended very well!

Black_Convoy

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:14:07 AM
... im just kinda shocked how people Cross into our swapspot and drop soda and ketchup and ruined the Tshirts!, tried to ask them to pay our merchandise and all we ever got was an apology, has anyone had issues with people crossing the swap spots?
I've never had anything like that happen. Thats something you should have called staff over for.

Xeluu

I'd rather just see a sign up go up around 10:30PM, most people are still able to be awake at that point, while those of us with night classes/who work retail are generally home at that point.
I'm getting an Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long, which seems to be an issue when the site is set up as HTTPS but is trying to read/access it as HTTP? I'll be honest, I don't understand it, but I googled the code, and it seems like it's an error on the set up of the site.

Hey Angel: If the site doesn't go up tonight, will you be announcing when it will be going up? Or will it wind up being a stealth launch?
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas