Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

Anon

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 16, 2011, 12:14:34 AM
I appreciate that we're all working on different schedules, but next year I hope they have mid day sign ups instead.

lol, just another suggestion for them to ignore for the following year. I suggested giving us more time to get the badge/setup last year but that was apparently shot down. So now we get to waste thursday lining up at about 7am to be sure we're at the front of the pre-reg line and have enough time to get our badge, then grab all our stuff and get in our spots for check-in

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:15:48 AM
This reminds me of another convention registration..   :D

I remmeber the AOD 2011, THE SWAP meet space was VERY SMALL and somehow most people werent sharing the tables.. well maybe they were atleast but We had to go with the floor!...
I REALLY hope that girl sells me her Sailor moon stickers.. because I remmeber buying those at a fleamarket for 3/$1.00 T_T!...

ayonoi

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:14:07 AM
LAst time I missed this event, we ended in spot #99 >_<!... not a very perfect ideal spot but hey IM just happy we made it for both thursday and friday!...
im just kinda shocked how people Cross into our swapspot and drop soda and ketchup and ruined the Tshirts!, tried to ask them to pay our merchandise and all we ever got was an apology, has anyone had issues with people crossing the swap spots?

That pissed me off to no end. People crossing the swapmeet stuff, stepping on things and just moving it. I found it rude. After I while I started to tell people not to do it. Then my friend came and helped me block the way. But people still tried. SO ANNOYING. >:(

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:15:48 AM
This reminds me of another convention registration..   :D

I remmeber the AOD 2011, THE SWAP meet space was VERY SMALL and somehow most people werent sharing the tables.. well maybe they were atleast but We had to go with the floor!...
I REALLY hope that girl sells me her Sailor moon stickers.. because I remmeber buying those at a fleamarket for 3/$1.00 T_T!...

I was referring to San Diego Comic Con's 2011 pre-registration.. haha
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Black_Convoy

redroses3164

I was reading about the error message on another site and it looks like whoever has the server didn't properly check if the IP is set for the SSL privacy stuff. Read it from here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=889098

When it does go up, I'm sure the server is going to freak out with all of us trying to sign up at the same time.

I don't think the server will have too much damage with roughly 30 or so people (at least according to how many people are looking at this thread right now). Unless it's that crappy of a server.

LAst time I missed this event, we ended in spot #99 >_<!... not a very perfect ideal spot but hey IM just happy we made it for both thursday and friday!...
im just kinda shocked how people Cross into our swapspot and drop soda and ketchup and ruined the Tshirts!, tried to ask them to pay our merchandise and all we ever got was an apology, has anyone had issues with people crossing the swap spots?

Never had that problem before... People never went into my box area before heh.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: ayonoi on March 16, 2011, 12:18:34 AM

That pissed me off to no end. People crossing the swapmeet stuff, stepping on things and just moving it. I found it rude. After I while I started to tell people not to do it. Then my friend came and helped me block the way. But people still tried. SO ANNOYING. >:(

it was, Then people asked me about the shirts and I told them some idiot Cross the lines and drop food, and they wanted a price reduction!... i refused, so i ended keeping it and washing them for next year!... even though they are Dripped with food Colors, its best to hold on to an item and then sell it, that way, people can just enjoy the sweet smell of Snuggle!

Anon

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:18:02 AM
I remmeber the AOD 2011, THE SWAP meet space was VERY SMALL and somehow most people werent sharing the tables..

they had TABLES??? I want tables... leaving my stuff on the floor for people to step on sucks

Hachimitsu

Never been to SDCC in my life, nor Will I ever have a time to be there since most of those days are for my Dads *somethingith* birthday!...

but yeah, AOD 2011 swap meet, LESS people too much of a hassle!, although it is nice to see new faces and interesting people!....

and yes they have tables.... just that alot of people ran into them and set up and gave evil stare looks!

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Anon on March 16, 2011, 12:17:59 AM
I appreciate that we're all working on different schedules, but next year I hope they have mid day sign ups instead.

lol, just another suggestion for them to ignore for the following year. I suggested giving us more time to get the badge/setup last year but that was apparently shot down. So now we get to waste thursday lining up at about 7am to be sure we're at the front of the pre-reg line and have enough time to get our badge, then grab all our stuff and get in our spots for check-in
Yeah, it must be hard for the people who have tons of stuff to haul it all up in time. Especially with the new rules for having everything looked through at the same time.

Fanime tries to give us everything we want, and it is by far my favorite convention. Its just small annoyances add up.

Eurobeat King

What bothered me in 2009 and 2010 was that I had a spot in the middle, and there was an empty space (that wasn't marked off) next to me, and some kid walks up, and opens his backpack and starts selling the small items (manga, videos, etc.) that he has with him.  (This was in 2009)  This guy didn't register for a spot, and simply just entered the Video-Game room and showed his items to people, made a few bucks, and then left.   >:(

Well, the same thing happened in 2010 on Thursday, not-sure if it was the same kid, but this time I was ready and when a kid started setting his stuff up, I got a staffer who confronted him, and then kicked him out of the room.  :D  

Keep an eye out for any of these idiots this year if you are in the middle-part of the Swap Meet room.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Xeluu

I didn't have any problems dragging up all my stuff, but both my sister and I had everything in those nice big tubs/moving boxes, so when it was time to move we just dragged/pushed our "tower" of stuff.

I did laugh though, last year about 20 seconds after I put a wall scroll out while setting up, it was already being sold. XD

Only other question: last year we brought one of those folding chairs people use at parades, that won't be a problem to bring again this year to sit on while selling, right?
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

yotsuba

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:26:33 AM
What bothered me in 2009 and 2010 was that I had a spot in the middle, and there was an empty space (that wasn't marked off) next to me, and some kid walks up, and opens his backpack and starts selling the small items (manga, videos, etc.) that he has with him.  (This was in 2009)  This guy didn't register for a spot, and simply just entered the Video-Game room and showed his items to people, made a few bucks, and then left.   >:(

Well, the same thing happened in 2010 on Thursday, not-sure if it was the same kid, but this time I was ready and when a kid started setting his stuff up, I got a staffer who confronted him, and then kicked him out of the room.  :D  

Keep an eye out for any of these idiots this year if you are in the middle-part of the Swap Meet room.

D: I'm definitely going to have to keep my eye out for that.
That's just terrible.
Glad you got that kid kicked out last year. :D

Hachimitsu

Well, to be honest, despite theres a big line, I kinda find this hard to beleive if they follow/unfollow most rules!..
One person was caught selling the Bootleg Digimon and the guy did'nt know!, Another was caught for selling Airsoft and never pass regulations!...

Then came the part where people got in for free by using their friend for help assistance because the staff is Occupied on the other peoples goods...

not saying anything wrong its just, i can imagine its really busy!...

This though bothers me the most: As soon as we set up, THIS ONE KID open the box witout our permission was scavenging through our items and I had to shout "BACK-off", it was the first BIG deal to see this happened! and i am starting to realized how are we going to set up before people start fighting for a piece of good!....
it made me more furious when he was giving a happy smile look about the kingdom hearts keyblades, until I was happy to broke it apart by saying "NOT for sale"

Kyra_Maverick

I've seen people sell most of their stuff while waiting in line and then not bother with getting a space.

redroses3164

After glancing through all that error stuff with that link I posted, it won't look like it'll get changed anytime soon unless the server people fix that SSL problem.

@Eurobeat King: I think that's why we're getting stickers now according to OP post. It confirms we are actually people who are supposed to set up in designated spots.
I assumed we'd be checked periodically if we were valid to be in that spot or something.

But yikes how bloody annoying.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: yotsuba on March 16, 2011, 12:28:29 AM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:26:33 AM

D: I'm definitely going to have to keep my eye out for that.
That's just terrible.
Glad you got that kid kicked out last year. :D
hmm -_-! I will definttly keep an eye out for him ... that is completely illegal and breaks terms of agreements!...
Would be better off he do swaps instead!.. Selling might be fun, but I like swapping ^ ^!. its kinda sad not much people know this featured technique, I mean swapping an item for an item.... that reminds me.. DO you guys swap items as well O_O!?

angeljibrille

I'm sorry all -- GoDaddy freaking ate my site -_- I never should have moved it from my dedicated server.

http://www.kichess.com/fanime-swapmeet/

Registered list:
http://www.kichess.com/fanime-swapmeet/list.php

This is a *temporary home* and it will be moved, so please check back on the forums / web site for the proper URL.

Anon

I was tempted to just start selling stuff in the hall friday night last year as well, I had a ton of clear costco crate things and people just walked on up and started looking through my things. They were asking me to hold this and that for when we finally set up.

Setting up last year was a fiasco as well, practically the same deal as you had. I practically dumped all my books on the ground and was pulling out models/figures while people were asking for prices and sorting through my books

redroses3164

@angeljibrille: Thanks for the quick fix though! If you do eventually change it back to that other site with its server, use the link I posted in this thread. There was a few tips on how to fix it. :) And more links on that one link for more information on that error.