Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:54:32 AM
A badge isn't necessary for Thursday, but Friday's requires one.  (Unless they changed it this year?)  

We unfortunately did change it for this year, because of some of the illegal activities going on last year. We want a badge + person, no exceptions :( sorry!

Hachimitsu

in other words:
WE don't need a badge if you wanna buy things for thursday

but if you want to sell:
you need a badge (and including yourself)?

Okay it makes sense ^ ^!

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 12:58:41 AM
BE ADVISE::
thursday is'nt much of a big deal, I mean I thought thursday would be a busy Swap meet, but when we got in it felt like... there was something missing....
so if anyone is going for both days, KEEP all the good items for the one day that counts the most.... Thank God its Friday!

I think Thursday is also a good day.  Seeing how last year there were a LOT of people there for pre-reg. and since the Swap Meet is the main event for Thursday, chances are you will sell a good amount of stuff for the 5 hours that night.  

For me, since I want to sell as much of my items on Thursday.  Friday I'll be busy ALL-DAY taking pictures and doing photo-shoots, that I will lose track of time and if I have to rush to move items from my car upstairs, the less I have to move, the better! ;)

I know my Xbox 360, games, Blu-Ray movies, movie-standees, and boombox (the one I'm playing my Super Eurobeat music on) will go on Thursday. :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

angeljibrille

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 01:02:07 AM
actually thats the one thing i wanan ask....
in case if theres less...staff will you make anouncement as well? never hurts to make an announcement stating "we need volunteers" for Swap meet!....

We need *staff* for swap meet. E-mail me if you are interested!
[email protected]

Eurobeat King

Quote from: angeljibrille on March 16, 2011, 01:03:50 AM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 16, 2011, 12:54:32 AM
A badge isn't necessary for Thursday, but Friday's requires one.  (Unless they changed it this year?)  

We unfortunately did change it for this year, because of some of the illegal activities going on last year. We want a badge + person, no exceptions :( sorry!

That is fine. :)  I plan to pre-reg. for the con again this year. 

angeljibrille

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 16, 2011, 01:09:20 AM
in other words:
WE don't need a badge if you wanna buy things for thursday

but if you want to sell:
you need a badge (and including yourself)?

Okay it makes sense ^ ^!

Yes :)

angeljibrille

Looks like it's going to take a couple days to fix my poor broken site, so leaving the Kichess.com one up for now. /sigh

Anyway, going to bed.

Hugs all and again I'm sorry :)

Marisa

angeljibrille

Looks like the other site is back up -- they both work (and go to the same database).

However, going to leave the other site link for now just in case.

So, you can access the Registration form either:
http://www.kichess.com/fanime-swapmeet/

or

https://www.anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/

Kyra_Maverick

I like doing swap meet on Thursday much more then Friday. When I sell on Friday it just feels like I'm losing so much of my day. I'd rather be out enjoying the con then selling.

redroses3164

I was reading the rules and for bootlegs, it only really mentions dvds and stuff like that. I got these plushies I don't want from my local arcade (from crane machines and redeeming tickets) and they don't really look official to me but I want to sell them to get rid of them. Would I have to show you how they look like here? I can take pictures if needed and I still have the tags on them.

Also when I was pre-regging when it opened up, I forgot to include "video games" to what I'm selling (I completely blanked out about that one...). Will I need to email about that or will that be okay? I also might be splitting a spot with someone so will I have to say whatever else they are selling too if my s/he has other stuff that I am not selling?

Eurobeat King

Quote from: redroses3164 on March 16, 2011, 09:36:17 AMAlso when I was pre-regging when it opened up, I forgot to include "video games" to what I'm selling (I completely blanked out about that one...). Will I need to email about that or will that be okay?

On the registration form that you will give to the staffers when you check-in, you can list what you're selling there if you didn't put it on the online form.  Last night I just put a few items but when I print-out the reg. form, I'll list more items that I'm selling.  :)

I like selling on both nights because Thursday there's nothing else to do, and Friday the Swap Meet's not until 8pm, so I have from the early morning until around 6:30pm (when I go get my stuff ready) to take pictures.  While there are a lot of cosplayers on Friday evening, it's 4-5 hours you're spending selling your stuff, and making a decent-excellent amount of $$.  That's a worthy sacrifice, isn't it?  (Then again, my friends wore their Stakes costumes from Umineko on Friday and I missed doing a shoot of them.. hmmm.  But I made over $500 that night selling stuff. hmmm) :D

But there's still 3 days of the con left after Friday, which is a lot to enjoy.  ;)

redroses3164

Okay coolio thanks! I remember the form...two years ago I think and so doing it online was different (and I had the thrill of the rush of trying to get a good spot thus rushing the form a tad haha).

Can I bring lollipops to give to people who bought stuff from me? I'm bringing dumdums (it's cheap, I have a bunch already, and I'll be cosplaying Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt while selling stuff so I figured it fits with the character sorta) so I thought it'd be nifty but if not, I'll just leave them at home.

Edit:
Here's a tentative list of what I'm selling (manga, plushies, video games, random stuff):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tyitqLlYr50S6zPqwJvL8PQWYNxWImDJYxbdZL41wow/edit?hl=en

angeljibrille

Quote from: redroses3164 on March 16, 2011, 10:02:36 AM
Can I bring lollipops to give to people who bought stuff from me? I'm bringing dumdums (it's cheap, I have a bunch already, and I'll be cosplaying Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt while selling stuff so I figured it fits with the character sorta) so I thought it'd be nifty but if not, I'll just leave them at home.

Sure! However, selling food is not allowed (unless you are selling like Final Fantasy Potions or  Super Mario Candies, stuff like that is fine). Giving it away shouldn't be an issue.

As far as the list of stuff -- it's really just more of a research proeject to see what people are bringing (I was curious!). I'll probably post a list of types of items for buyers (and sellers) to see once registration is full. Basically it will say "if you are going to the swap meet, this is what you'll find!". You're welcome for the free advertising :D

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

RiotKitty

N00b swap meet seller questions:

I am pretty low on the wait list for a spot, so how will I know if there's a spot ready and available when there is one? Will they call me using the number I put down for registration? Am I supposed to be stuck standing by with all of my merchandise?

Say if I did finally get a spot and I sold most of everything I wanted to sell or had to leave early for an emergency, will there be someone to notify whoever is still waiting for a seller's spot that there's a spot available?

And lastly, does anyone know what the hours are for Thursday's badge pick up/swap meet? I don't want to drive after work to SJ and find that everything's closed til the next day...

Thanks in advance! :)

Nyo!

angeljibrille

Quote from: RiotKitty on March 17, 2011, 10:50:08 AM
I am pretty low on the wait list for a spot, so how will I know if there's a spot ready and available when there is one? Will they call me using the number I put down for registration? Am I supposed to be stuck standing by with all of my merchandise?

Honestly, last year, we were able to get everyone on the wait list in (and we had like ... 75 waiting list entries). I can't *promise* that for this year, but it's reasonable to presume that you will get in. If there's anything I've learned from doing this over the years... people flake. We usually lose as much as 50% of our registration, be it cosplay or swapmeet or AMV. Life comes up, and the best laid plans often don't work out.

Say if I did finally get a spot and I sold most of everything I wanted to sell or had to leave early for an emergency, will there be someone to notify whoever is still waiting for a seller's spot that there's a spot available?

No, after we fill the room and sell the last spot, we close registration. No one will be allowed in after that point (9pm).

And lastly, does anyone know what the hours are for Thursday's badge pick up/swap meet? I don't want to drive after work to SJ and find that everything's closed til the next day...

Thanks in advance! :)

This I have no idea about :/ I haven't had a regular badge since ...2002? lol.

I'd e-mail [email protected]

Thanks!
Marisa

FanFicGuru

Quote from: RiotKitty on March 17, 2011, 10:50:08 AM

I believe that badge pick up starts around 4 PM and goes until 10 PM. That's my rough estimate from my vague recollection from last year, so take that as you will.

Oh, and understand that if they do the same thing they did last year where they let pre reg AND early reg pick up on thursday, expect a monstrous line. So I would get to the center around noon or 1 lol.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Avairrianna

I have a question.

So we didn't get to pick a size when we signed up online. Does that mean we all have full sizes and when we confirm or get to fanime we can downscale?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

ewu

I believe they are all the same size and there will be no other sizes available.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

angeljibrille

Quote from: ewu on March 21, 2011, 03:37:41 PM
I believe they are all the same size and there will be no other sizes available.

This is correct. We increased the number of spaces this year due to overwhelming demand, but the spaces are all the same size.

Thanks!