Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

kiokuu

Just a question; if we pre-registered for both days, but an emercency or something comes up and we can only make it to one of the days, will that nullify our registration for the other day? Like if I suddenly couldn't make it on Thursday, can I still keep my Friday slot? Thanks. (:

GokuMew2

Quote from: kiokuu on March 22, 2011, 02:44:28 AM
Just a question; if we pre-registered for both days, but an emercency or something comes up and we can only make it to one of the days, will that nullify our registration for the other day? Like if I suddenly couldn't make it on Thursday, can I still keep my Friday slot? Thanks. (:

If you're not there for roll call, I think they'll just skip you for that day. It shouldn't have an effect on the other day.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

angeljibrille

Quote from: GokuMew2 on March 22, 2011, 04:38:12 AM
If you're not there for roll call, I think they'll just skip you for that day. It shouldn't have an effect on the other day.

This is correct. HOWEVER, we will allow you to get in if you are pre-registered and there is still space, you just have to wait until the main line has completed. It's not like "so sorry kbai", we'll try to figure out something if we have space left.

Eurobeat King

I have a question about selling an item.  I plan to sell a costume, my Hibiki Takane (from Last Blade 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2):

http://akitoyagami.deviantart.com/art/Tokyo-to-High-Profile-Hibiki-11954169?q=gallery%3Aakitoyagami%2F22587949&qo=36

The question is: included with the costume is a live-steel sword-cane which I won't bring with me into the Swap Meet, but I will have a picture of the sword with me to show people that it comes with the costume.  Should someone buy the costume, I will make arrangements to meet with them later and give them the sword (which I will tell them they should bring to their car or hotel-room ASAP.)

Would that be okay?

Thanks for the info!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

KyraEnsui

I have the FAQ and did swap meet before, but I do have a question for Thursday. I know it states that sellers need their badge and we have to be in line by 5pm. However, depending on how long the line is for preregister and what the hours are, is it possible that I can have a friend stay in line for me? I am the main leader for the group badge so I need to pick them up.

Thank you.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 22, 2011, 09:16:40 AM
I have a question about selling an item.  I plan to sell a costume, my Hibiki Takane (from Last Blade 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2):

http://akitoyagami.deviantart.com/art/Tokyo-to-High-Profile-Hibiki-11954169?q=gallery%3Aakitoyagami%2F22587949&qo=36

The question is: included with the costume is a live-steel sword-cane which I won't bring with me into the Swap Meet, but I will have a picture of the sword with me to show people that it comes with the costume.  Should someone buy the costume, I will make arrangements to meet with them later and give them the sword (which I will tell them they should bring to their car or hotel-room ASAP.)

Would that be okay?

Thanks for the info!

I can't answer this >.< try [email protected] sorry!

angeljibrille

Quote from: KyraEnsui on March 22, 2011, 11:12:09 AM
I have the FAQ and did swap meet before, but I do have a question for Thursday. I know it states that sellers need their badge and we have to be in line by 5pm. However, depending on how long the line is for preregister and what the hours are, is it possible that I can have a friend stay in line for me? I am the main leader for the group badge so I need to pick them up.

Thank you.

Yes, someone can get in line for you.

Marisa

Avairrianna

If there's a chance that I may be in a wheelchair for fanime may I request an end spot once I know for sure?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

angeljibrille

Quote from: Avairrianna on March 24, 2011, 02:52:07 PM
If there's a chance that I may be in a wheelchair for fanime may I request an end spot once I know for sure?

Yes, we will do everything we can to accomodate you. I can't guarantee you'll be on a "wall" end spot, but we'll make sure the space has easy access and is close to the exits.

FanFicGuru

I forget: Do we have access to power in case I want to screen some of the DVDs I'm selling on my laptop? Thanks!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

angeljibrille

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 01, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
I forget: Do we have access to power in case I want to screen some of the DVDs I'm selling on my laptop? Thanks!

Absolutely no access. Sorry! If we see you with something plugged in, we will ask you to remove it.

Thanks,
Marisa

Hachimitsu

@redroses3164

sadly you cannot post advertisements on the swapmeet thread.
all adverts must go to the Buy/sell/trade section. But even there you can try and advertise there and tell them what you expect to sell over there! Some people ask if you can hold it on til the swap meet like how i did. Just be sure you know what your selling and who arrives first!...

Word of advise: Make a Expectation list.. that way people can immediatly rush there and get the item first before someone else does..

becuase last time someone requested the sailor moon book 3 and they were kinda offended that it was reserved for one person!

angeljibrille

Quote from: redroses3164 on April 01, 2011, 04:39:17 PM
I'm sorry if I wasn't specific about it. That's the stuff I am selling at the Swap Meet and I figured I can advertise what exactly I'm bringing along to the event.

You are welcome to advertise, just not in this thread.

Thanks!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2011, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 01, 2011, 10:22:55 AM

Absolutely no access. Sorry! If we see you with something plugged in, we will ask you to remove it.

Thanks,
Marisa

Alrighty, what if we're using battery powered things? Like if I used my laptop for the duration of its battery life?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Lizchan33

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 05, 2011, 12:38:57 PM

Alrighty, what if we're using battery powered things? Like if I used my laptop for the duration of its battery life?

I can't see that being a problem based on AA rules. They don't want anything plugged in either but it's ok to use via the battery.

Quote from: angeljibrille on March 22, 2011, 08:40:18 PM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on March 22, 2011, 09:16:40 AM

Would that be okay?

Thanks for the info!

I can't answer this >.< try [email protected] sorry!
I'm a part of rovers and I can say without a doubt you cannot walk around the convention center with it or use it as a prop for a costume. Giving it to the person that bought a costume from you off-site would be something we have no control over. (unofficially, yeah you can)
But email rovers to make sure still :D

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Lizchan33 on April 05, 2011, 08:57:30 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 05, 2011, 12:38:57 PM

There aren't any outlets against the wall if you get a wall-spot, and I didn't see any if you're in the middle-area.

I always buy new batteries for my Boombox to play music for the Swap Meet, which last for maybe all of one evening.  I am selling my Sony XPLOD Boombox to the first person who's interested, and will provide the A/C Power Cord, instructions, and box if they need it:

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product_popup.jsp?productId=693

If someone does buy it from me, I will use my backup boombox (not as effective tho. haha) to play music for the rest of the Swap Meet. :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Knightfire

#115 for Thursday and #157 for Friday. It does feel low but given what people mentioned in the thread, there might be a glimmer of hope. I may have came across it in the rules but just double checking, I can bring in one person to help carry in stuff and to help sell correct, they too must have a badge for both nights?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

angeljibrille

Quote from: Knightfire on April 11, 2011, 07:53:17 AM
#115 for Thursday and #157 for Friday. It does feel low but given what people mentioned in the thread, there might be a glimmer of hope. I may have came across it in the rules but just double checking, I can bring in one person to help carry in stuff and to help sell correct, they too must have a badge for both nights?

Hi there,

Everyone on the waiting list actually got in last year, so you probably have more than a glimmer of hope. :)  We tend to have a lot of people who flake,

As far as someone helping you carry it in: this is not a problem. They just need to have a sticker on their badge and be there at check-in.

Marisa

Knightfire

Thanks a bunch actually. Considering the rules, no handcarts or little rolly suitcases? Only what you can carry in hand?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

redroses3164

One quick question, if I have a friend go buy me dinner/food but that friend isn't part of my selling stuff spot, can they just come in and out with food?

It could look suspiciously like more items to sell but I'd wager it'll just get checked in the front.